Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ticket Exchange Non Use Penalty - £10 Per Printed Ticket "Policy Change" Now In Place

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Perhaps you can explain the complete change in policy from last season to this
To be fair to the club, they need to raise revenue to fund all the spending.
remembering that "we now have an official ticket exchange that is a cash cow for the club" is not an answer you're allowed to give.
Shit.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
The cynic in me thinks that all of the unreported price increases aren't done by mistake, we've had the whole mascot thing where it wasn't openly stated about the GG and AITC places, the £1 increase on pie & pint deal which was then decreased by 50p after it was decided it was a "mistake", the massive increases for a paper ticket and smart cards. Does whoever is responsible think that we fans won't notice,or is someone doing a really poor job?

Another cynic might think that a new employee at the club is unaware of the Club Charter - a document that aims to facilitate an open and transparent relationship between club and fans.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
The cynic in me thinks that all of the unreported price increases aren't done by mistake, we've had the whole mascot thing where it wasn't openly stated about the GG and AITC places, the £1 increase on pie & pint deal which was then decreased by 50p after it was decided it was a "mistake", the massive increases for a paper ticket and smart cards. Does whoever is responsible think that we fans won't notice,or is someone doing a really poor job?
Ultimately, I think we need to make the distinction between opening up NEW revenue streams, and fleecing people for carrying on as they did last season. That's why I think the mascot idea is a reasonable one - it's an entirely new revenue stream. On the other hand, bumping the prices of concessions just one season after they opened to wide acclaim is stupidly cynical and risks pissing people off for a short term neglible increase in profits. Same with this contemptable ticket ticket printing cost increase.

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patron
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
Ticket Exchange Non Use Penalty - £10 Per Printed Ticket "Policy Change" Now In Place

With a potential £50 cost to my ST's being lost in the post that pretty much rules that option out.

Looks like my seats will be empty most evening games.

I am going to have to think very carefully before renewing my ST's next year.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
This is yet another non-communicated change that I am viewing with no small amount of cynicism.
st season it was £10. More interestingly, in the Club Charter for 2012-13 it says the replacement charge is £10 too. Charter attached.

View attachment 34655

I've been in the cards business for years ... the cost to the club of a replacement card will be less than a quid. Fair enough to add a bit of admin cost but ....

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I'll now send the smart card in the post, if I can't attend, and take a risk on whether I get it back or not. If I don't, I just pay a £10 fee for a replacement smart card, the same cost as a one-off replacement paper ticket. I wonder which costs the club more to produce...?
The paper ticket will be cheaper to produce.

Wait, you were being sarcastic weren't you?

Another cynic might think that a new employee at the club is unaware of the Club Charter - a document that aims to facilitate an open and transparent relationship between club and fans.
Is there an alternative to this being down to the new employee? Let's ask the club to show Paul the Charter.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
With a potential £50 cost to my ST's being lost in the post that pretty much rules that option out.

Looks like my seats will be empty most evening games.
So you think the best option is to leave your two seats empty for evening games, instead of posting them RMSD for £5.90 and getting about £60 for the pair?

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley

Surely Barber's ideas must go through bloom though?

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Surely Barber's ideas must go through bloom though?

I wasn't being serious!

But it does seem bizarre that something in the Club Charter for this season, a document produced not long ago, has just been changed unannounced.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
I wasn't being serious!

But it does seem bizarre that something in the Club Charter for this season, a document produced not long ago, has just been changed unannounced.
Ah sorry bozza, I think some people are being far too serious. Perhaps we should wait for an official announcement on this.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
Ah sorry bozza, I think some people are being far too serious. Perhaps we should wait for an official announcement on this.

You could be in for a long wait ... except that the club lurker will have brought this to their attention so maybe later today???

jackanada

Jul 19, 2011
Brighton
Seems there are plenty on here who cant/wont go to, lets say, a third of the games. Whatever happened last season (which seems to have been unusually generous by the club and somewhat abused by many) this means that if those STHs simply don't turn up or sell on their ticket the cost to them per match is... the same as buying match by match.

I was going to continue breaking this down some more but it wont stop whining from people who seem to think that any action by the club that has an effect other than enabling them to watch their pick of games for a 30% discount is unreasonable.

I wasn't being serious!

Bozza - have you seen PC's post on ATC? Club has perceived abuse of the system and it's contrary to the ST T&Cs, so has upped the cost of issuing paper tickets as a deterrent.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
Seems there are plenty on here who cant/wont go to, lets say, a third of the games. Whatever happened last season (which seems to have been unusually generous by the club and somewhat abused by many) this means that if those STHs simply don't turn up or sell on their ticket the cost to them per match is... the same as buying match by match.

I was going to continue breaking this down some more but it wont stop whining from people who seem to think that any action by the club that has an effect other than enabling them to watch their pick of games for a 30% discount is unreasonable.

Why are people buying season tickets that they hardly use? if anyone is to blame for the empty seats in the ground it is those people who know that they cannot make half or a third of games. In effect these people are taking tickets away from fans who could possibly make the game. This whining about the £10 charge is pretty pathetic in my view. The season tickets are actually sold as non-transferable tickets. The club do however turn a blind eye to those who wish to hand their ticket to a friend or family member to use when they cannot attend, and for those that wish it they also offer a printed ticket option for those who would prefer that. You could either suck up the £10 yourself or pass it on to the person you are sending the ticket too. I cannot for the life of me see what the hell is wrong with that!

yxee

Oct 24, 2011
Manchester
The exchange fee (75% of the ST discount price) is still a lot lower than the matchday price for most tickets is it not? So I imagine people will continue to sell on NSC, especially far in advance of a game before the sell-out.

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
£10 is far too excessive. The cost of the season ticket PLUS £10 for each ticket to be turned to a paper copy now costs you MORE than buying a ticket at full price for very game of the season. How is that justified?

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
£10 is far too excessive. The cost of the season ticket PLUS £10 for each ticket to be turned to a paper copy now costs you MORE than buying a ticket at full price for very game of the season. How is that justified?

Why is it excessive? The new recipient of the ticket is getting for a tenner. How is it a rip-off? Why is it justified? CMS, Wayne Bridge, Bruno, Kusczak, Dobbie, Orlandi, Lopez and Vicente, 27,000 padded seats, some decent ale, tasty pies, state of the art medical facilities, purpose built media facilities and a massive public transport subsidy for the fans, that's how it is justified.

Boy I am in a right mood this morning.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Ultimately, I think we need to make the distinction between opening up NEW revenue streams, and fleecing people for carrying on as they did last season.

Exactly. Although people will differ on opinions of which applies to what..

I don't like to moan but there have been worrying things and increases for a while now and I think it needs to stop. The mascot thing - absolutely fine - once the whole system had been better communicated. But blooming prices left right and centre - in this case by over 3 times the cos is a piss take. I think the club need to act fast before too many are pissed off and give the fans more of a voice again...

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
You might as well now send your smart card as a replacement only costs a tenner, exactly the same as a paper ticker reprint. 9.5 times out of 10 you will get the card back no probs so no loss at all.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here