Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ticket Chaos Tonight (the after)

No problem with that though as there will not be as many late sales!!

However...there will be about 7000 tickets to distribute to home fans. They've had a fair while to get season tickets sent out (just over 4000) and they're still struggling. They will need to print off 9000 tickets, get a couple of thousand off to the Mancs and mail out the bulk of the 7000-all in the space of a couple of weeks. A serious question: how the hell will they cope? Granted it will only be 2 or 3 ticket blanks per actual ticket but there will be a heck of a lot more to do on the mailing side.

I'm applying tomorrow so I get my regular seat...

steward 433

Back and better
Nov 4, 2007
Brighton
However...there will be about 7000 tickets to distribute to home fans.

Sold out within 24 hours of sale leaving 3 weeks to sort easily

They've had a fair while to get season tickets sent out (just over 4000) and they're still struggling.

Not really it is mostly down to the mailing company.

They will need to print off 9000 tickets, get a couple of thousand off to the Mancs

ERM 980 away tickets

and mail out the bulk of the 7000-all in the space of a couple of weeks.

More than 2 weeks as it will be delayed at least a week due to Citys european game

A serious question: how the hell will they cope? Granted it will only be 2 or 3 ticket blanks per actual ticket but there will be a heck of a lot more to do on the mailing side.

I'm applying tomorrow so I get my regular seat...

Sensible to apply now as it will sell out:thumbsup:

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
No problem with that though as there will not be as many late sales!!

However...there will be about 7000 tickets to distribute to home fans. They've had a fair while to get season tickets sent out (just over 4000) and they're still struggling. They will need to print off 9000 tickets, get a couple of thousand off to the Mancs and mail out the bulk of the 7000-all in the space of a couple of weeks.

Agreed - the events of last night have little direct relevance on what is likely to happen for the City game. One would expect all tickets to be handled well before the day itself.

How the ticket office is able to cope with that process is another question completely, of course.

steward 433

Back and better
Nov 4, 2007
Brighton
Agreed - the events of last night have little direct relevance on what is likely to happen for the City game. One would expect all tickets to be handled well before the day itself.

How the ticket office is able to cope with that process is another question completely, of course.

It will sell out with at least 2 weeks to go so all should be mailed out.

It should only be the lost tickets that need to be reprinted ETC.

The only times we have had the serious problems is with the late sales!!!

The 2 things i can see coming out of this will be the Sportsman will be shut earlier before a game as the pub was crammed full just before kickoff and the online ordering will have an earlier cut-off time.

As this was an evening game, and it sounds as though more people arrived at once, and to a single window. The arrivals were also made closer to kick-off

As I posted earlier, I joined the queue 25 minutes before kick-off and got to the window 40 minutes later.

The folk who arrived after me NEVER reached the windows.

The second window was opened at about 7.30pm.

steward 433

Back and better
Nov 4, 2007
Brighton
As I posted earlier, I joined the queue 25 minutes before kick-off and got to the window 40 minutes later.

The folk who arrived after me NEVER reached the windows.

The second window was opened at about 7.30pm.

I spoke to Ken later in the evening and relayed what several people had told me/sugessted and he has taken notes so hopefully this will no longer be a problem.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
I work at a supermarket on the checkouts , if the queues start building up due to lots of customers arriving to pay for their shopping at the checkouts we put out a call over the tannoy for staff from other departments who are checkout trained to help out , the managers also muck in by manning checkouts or supervising the queues and helping with queries and requests. What I find amazing is that initially there was only one person in the ticket hut , now if the club said they sold 200 tickets right at the last moment it doesn't take a genius to work out that more people are going to be needed at the sharp end. Presumably those tickets have to be printed and conveyed to the ground to add to the tickets already waiting to be picked up. With estimates of 500+ people in the queue why didn't the club have a plan "B" ? If it takes approximately one minute to confirm identity and hand over the ticket the club can gauge how many staff are needed to clear the queue. The club also needs to review the booking system as there is a potential for misuse when fans phone late in the day for tickets to pick up at the ground and say they will pay by cheque at the pick up point - only to arrive and pay cash which is against the regulations. IMO they should be refused the tickets as it constitutes paying on the gate. The club have a crappy ticketing system so having more people man the phones at the ticket office in Queens Road doesn't solve anything as they cant print the tickets on demand. We will have to wait until we get to Falmer for an improved ticketing system but until then a plan of action is needed to avoid these cock ups.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here