Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ticket Chaos Tonight (the after)

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
It was utter bollocks to be waiting that long for ticket.I bought mine over the phone around 4.30 on tuesday(match day) which is hardly criminal and missed the 1st goal.I also went to Ipswich friendly and tickets were a shambles then as well.This is not a hard procedure to sort out and if it does get sorted then lets sell tickets at the ground as well on matchdays before kick off.If the game becomes sold out then it becomes sold out.It's not rocket science after all.Just get another porta cabin as a ticket office which has organised people working it that shuts at a certain time just before kick off x

Don't forget though that under the 'Withdean agreement' the club is not allowed to sell tickets at the ground.

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN
Oh joy....!

After being unable to access the internet due to faulty BT cable for the last 24 hours..........I,m now back online....yayyyyyyyyy....!
Now.............back to last night.
What a complete and utter shambles the ticketing arrangements turned out to be.
I have read on another thread that a poster noticed a very angry man in a confrontation with Ken Brown last night. That very angry man, was almost certainly me.
After the incompetent Mr.Ken Brown finally, made the momentous and hand-wringing decision to open the gates, most people made a relieved dash to the gates.
I doing likewise, spotted Mr. Ken Brown to my right and took the opportunity to inform him what I thought of his competence/lack of. Having asked my first question...."are you Ken Brown..?", I noticed the belligerence in his face and stance..(legs apart......hands on hips, looking at the fans going in as if they were peices of shit and scum). He replied that he was. I immediately informed him that the ticketing distribution tonight was an utter shambles. His immediate reaction was to demand what time I booked my tickets. My reply.........."today, about 2.00pm......what,s that got to do with it...?". His second immediate reaction was to put the whole of the palm of his hand about 3" from my face.......( in hindsight I think he probably harbours a desire to be an old fashion police director of traffic). Now, as he wished to take this stance, then I,m afraid I will respond likewise. He had absolutely no intention of admitting liabilty or responsibilty. I recall his response was .." I dont work in the ticket office". I then, in a heated exchange informed him, that surely he was responsible and ultimately was in charge. To this he agreed. Still no sign of apology......or more importantly, that he even cared.
I then launched into a rapid tirade of how long I,d supported this club...(over 40 years), and how the club "allegedly" wants more supporters..........and yet.............someone, from a club like Millwall is "transferred" here in his Saville Row suit, clipped haicut and shiny shoes, looking every inch , nothing more than a cockney wide-eyed boy, to be responsible to improving the fans lot. I also informed him, that in my opinion, his probably extortionate salary, was ill-spent by the club, and he ought to be fired for incompetence.........(there was a similar debacle against Ipswich for the friendly.........but on a much smaller scale). He clearly didn,t like what I was saying, and uttered some incomprehensible veiled threats...to which I offered him my season ticket details. He declined them.He then offered me his "business" card. I refused it.........but for the sake of decency, declined to tell him where he could place his business card, much as I would like to have done.
I understand that as I left, he mentioned that I should be careful or I would be banned.................something that I understand , he was rather good at when at Millwall.
However, he did send an oaf of a steward, scurrying after me..........who "entertained" me for a further 10 minutes, before allowing me through the gate. My son, was also there, to witness the oafs "entertainment" period, and as he (my son) said afterwards.......good job the steward only had one brain-cell...........he would have been dangerous if he had two..!
All in all, this club desperately needs new supporters to bolster the gates, so that us "older" supporters, who bleed blue and white, will have a team to support in the future. Mr.Ken Brown, IMHO, is not only NOT the man for the job...............he is also IMHO, fraudulently bleeding this club of money, by his ill-gotten gains via his salary.
I have supported this club virtually all my life....................like many others, I have contributed to every fund going..................but why............?........so that someone like Ken Brown can just take the money out and at the same time destroy the efforts of so many, to try and portray this club as caring, efficient and wanting to build for the future...?

Mr. Ken Brown should be fired, and shown the front exit door as soon as possible.

Exactly, should be sacked this afternoon

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Oh joy....!

After being unable to access the internet due to faulty BT cable for the last 24 hours..........I,m now back online....yayyyyyyyyy....!
I have read on another thread that a poster noticed a very angry man in a confrontation with Ken Brown last night. That very angry man, was almost certainly me.
After the incompetent Mr.Ken Brown finally, made the momentous and hand-wringing decision to open the gates, most people made a relieved dash to the gates.
I doing likewise, spotted Mr. Ken Brown to my right and took the opportunity to inform him what I thought of his competence/lack of. Having asked my first question...."are you Ken Brown..?", I noticed the belligerence in his face and stance..(legs apart......hands on hips, looking at the fans going in as if they were peices of shit and scum). He replied that he was. I immediately informed him that the ticketing distribution tonight was an utter shambles. His immediate reaction was to demand what time I booked my tickets. My reply.........."today, about 2.00pm......what,s that got to do with it...?". His second immediate reaction was to put the whole of the palm of his hand about 3" from my face.......( in hindsight I think he probably harbours a desire to be an old fashion police director of traffic). Now, as he wished to take this stance, then I,m afraid I will respond likewise. He had absolutely no intention of admitting liabilty or responsibilty. I recall his response was .." I dont work in the ticket office". I then, in a heated exchange informed him, that surely he was responsible and ultimately was in charge. To this he agreed. Still no sign of apology......or more importantly, that he even cared.
I then launched into a rapid tirade of how long I,d supported this club...(over 40 years), and how the club "allegedly" wants more supporters..........and yet.............someone, from a club like Millwall is "transferred" here in his Saville Row suit, clipped haicut and shiny shoes, looking every inch , nothing more than a cockney wide-eyed boy, to be responsible to improving the fans lot. I also informed him, that in my opinion, his probably extortionate salary, was ill-spent by the club, and he ought to be fired for incompetence.........(there was a similar debacle against Ipswich for the friendly.........but on a much smaller scale). He clearly didn,t like what I was saying, and uttered some incomprehensible veiled threats...to which I offered him my season ticket details. He declined them.He then offered me his "business" card. I refused it.........but for the sake of decency, declined to tell him where he could place his business card, much as I would like to have done.
I understand that as I left, he mentioned that I should be careful or I would be banned.................something that I understand , he was rather good at when at Millwall.
However, he did send an oaf of a steward, scurrying after me..........who "entertained" me for a further 10 minutes, before allowing me through the gate. My son, was also there, to witness the oafs "entertainment" period, and as he (my son) said afterwards.......good job the steward only had one brain-cell...........he would have been dangerous if he had two..!
All in all, this club desperately needs new supporters to bolster the gates, so that us "older" supporters, who bleed blue and white, will have a team to support in the future. Mr.Ken Brown, IMHO, is not only NOT the man for the job...............he is also IMHO, fraudulently bleeding this club of money, by his ill-gotten gains via his salary.
I have supported this club virtually all my life....................like many others, I have contributed to every fund going..................but why............?........so that someone like Ken Brown can just take the money out and at the same time destroy the efforts of so many, to try and portray this club as caring, efficient and wanting to build for the future...?

Mr. Ken Brown should be fired, and shown the front exit door as soon as possible.

Rather than this post being lost on page 9 or 10 of this thread, I reckon you should start a new one with that. TOTALLY unacceptable behaviour from the clubs Chief Exec.

Martin Perry has his critics, but he has never been anything other than a complete gent to deal with in person or on email. In contrast, this Brown character sounds like a complete oaf.

Conkers

Jan 11, 2006
Haywards Heath
Sounds like disgraceful behaviour by Ken Brown. If he indeed did this then hopefully the higher ups should investigate this and contemplate whether he is the right man for the job. Mr. Brown is extremely lucky that cjd is a life-long Albion fan and will still be coming to home games. If he was talking to a casual fan who had a complaint and acted in that way, you can bet your house that they won't be coming back as a paying customer again. People like him drive away fans. By 'people like him' I am referring to people with extremely poor customer relations.

The past 2 home games have shown that the club are extremely disorganised and have absolutely no idea how to deal with the public. Heads should roll for this as the club are committing the worst of all crimes: driving the average supporter away in a time where we need every fan we can get.

rool

Jul 10, 2003
Wasn't there another chief exec whose name started with B who was a bit partial to a banning now and again for things he didn't like to hear?.

portlock seagull

Jul 28, 2003
Oh joy....!

:thumbsup: I have no reason to doubt you my friend, having written to him in the past on this and other matters. He never even had the courtesy to send a formal reply. The albion are simply rubbish at looking after loyal fans in this respect. It's a disgrace and the one thing I really think DK can be criticised for, love him as I do.

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
Although I appreciate things got 'heated' last night, wouldn't it have been better if 'cjd' had taken Ken Browns card and in the cold light of day had a proper discussion over the 'farce'?

I spoke to Ken Brown after the fans forum last week, in a non hostile atmosphere and he came across as pretty decent bloke.

Let's just hope that the club and fans have learned from this and it won't be repeated again!

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Brown was (briefly) on SCR last night at half time talking to Harty about the ticket fiasco. He started by saying:

"The team are certainly doing their job on the pitch tonight, but unfortunately I have to admit that off the pitch, I've not been doing mine".

He went on to apologise and came out with the usual blather about a "thorough review of our procedures" or somesuch. Shame he wasn't so honest and humble when he was actually face-to-face with some of his paying customers.

rool

Jul 10, 2003
Rather than this post being lost on page 9 or 10 of this thread, I reckon you should start a new one with that. TOTALLY unacceptable behaviour from the clubs Chief Exec.

Martin Perry has his critics, but he has never been anything other than a complete gent to deal with in person or on email. In contrast, this Brown character sounds like a complete oaf.

I see Ernests quoting of cjd's thread has been deleted from ask the club.

Shame, I was looking forward to a response

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
Although I appreciate things got 'heated' last night, wouldn't it have been better if 'cjd' had taken Ken Browns card and in the cold light of day had a proper discussion over the 'farce'?

I spoke to Ken Brown after the fans forum last week, in a non hostile atmosphere and he came across as pretty decent bloke.

Let's just hope that the club and fans have learned from this and it won't be repeated again!

Hindsight is a wonderfull thing, what I saw was very heated.

We were guessing who the offical was and it was'nt until he held up his card that somone in the q had a look and confirmed it was Ken Brown (e).

eastlondonseagull

Jan 15, 2004
West Yorkshire
:thumbsup: I have no reason to doubt you my friend, having written to him in the past on this and other matters. He never even had the courtesy to send a formal reply. The albion are simply rubbish at looking after loyal fans in this respect. It's a disgrace and the one thing I really think DK can be criticised for, love him as I do.

Can you explain to me what happened to cjd, please Portlock? Because I found his post incredibly hard to read.

Ta :thumbsup:

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
The ticketing is clearly a shambles, and I'm not trying to excuse Ken Brown's role in it, he ultimately has to take responsibility and sort it out (although as someone else has pointed out, when there is an embarrassing apology to be made suddenly our chairman isn't quite so keen on grabbing the microphone/TV camera).

All I can say is that in my only limited direct dealings with the bloke (funnily enough not unrelated, the issue of how to get more fans through the gates across the spectrum) he emailed me back with a prompt and courteous reply. Not that any of those suggestions have been implemented, by the looks of it.

And it is up to people to criticise, even have a go at him, in a non-abusive way. I'm not saying that happened last night, but I know if I had someone shouting and swearing at me for too long, even if I was in the wrong, I'd tell them to get lost. There's a way to do it.

eastlondonseagull

Jan 15, 2004
West Yorkshire
I see Ernests quoting of cjd's thread has been deleted from ask the club.

Shame, I was looking forward to a response

Yeah, but as I mentioned above, cjd's post was incredibly hard to read. I think it needs to be clarified and made much more legible before it's sent to the club as an official complaint.

getreal1

Aug 13, 2008
To all of the lads affected, accept that cock ups can occur and order in advance for home delivery - the whole ticketing thing post Goldstone has always been a bit amateurish and will need to be spot on by the time Falmer comes and (we hope) crowds of more than 2,500 or so who were there last night, become the norm for Carling Cup ties and more.

rool

Jul 10, 2003
I have asked for an explanation as it is a legitimate question

Well I suppose there could be two issues, firstly I would imagine cjd should be asked before being quoted in ask the club. Secondly the bit about 'fraudulently bleeding this club of money' could possibly give Mr Brown some grounds to take action against this board?.

I dunno, but still a shame as it had some potential crisp eating entertainment value.

The tall one

Banned
Jan 2, 2007
Oh joy....!

Why the personal insults. Insulting stewards, who had no control over the situation is bang out of order.I saw part of the confrontation and in reality you could have been in the ground earlier if you had gone through the correct procedures for making a complaint. You were obivously very angry. You should not have possibly aired your grievances in front of the police, stewards and supporters. If someone shouts at me i would also get defensive if the problem was out of my immediate control and had offered a temporary solution.You should have taken his card and could have had a polite conversation with Ken in the cold light of day. Most problems are usually resolved once both parties concerned have calmed down and assessed the situation.

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
The ticketing is clearly a shambles, and I'm not trying to excuse Ken Brown's role in it, he ultimately has to take responsibility and sort it out (although as someone else has pointed out, when there is an embarrassing apology to be made suddenly our chairman isn't quite so keen on grabbing the microphone/TV camera).

All I can say is that in my only limited direct dealings with the bloke (funnily enough not unrelated, the issue of how to get more fans through the gates across the spectrum) he emailed me back with a prompt and courteous reply. Not that any of those suggestions have been implemented, by the looks of it.

And it is up to people to criticise, even have a go at him, in a non-abusive way. I'm not saying that happened last night, but I know if I had someone shouting and swearing at me for too long, even if I was in the wrong, I'd tell them to get lost. There's a way to do it.

Amonsgt the heated debate Ken offered his card to cjd, I am sure he would still communicate and hopefully take the fans views on board.

Lessons need to be learned from last night and perhaps the club had let the situation get out of hand by ignoring simple checks and balances.

Uncle C

Jul 6, 2004
Bishops Stortford
I have asked for an explanation as it is a legitimate question

Ernest, the explanation is that you are a long standing but not very successful wind up merchant. Why would anybody bother to take anything you say seriously.

Have a read of the story about the little boy who cried wolf.

Perhaps a change of username and image might help.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here