Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ticket Chaos Tonight (the after)

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
absolute f***ing shambles - and interesting to see none of the club lickers have posted on this thread, which just proves how inexcusable the whole situation is

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
Amonsgt the heated debate Ken offered his card to cjd, I am sure he would still communicate and hopefully take the fans views on board.

Lessons need to be learned from last night and perhaps the club had let the situation get out of hand by ignoring simple checks and balances.

I accept that you have a different point of view to me. However, last nights debacle followed closely on the heels of similar..(though on a smaller scale) situation to the Ipswich friendly. Clearly, this was brought to the clubs attention after the Ipswich game..............but still nothing changed. I was also in the queue for the Ipswich friendly, and it was taking approx half a minute to deal with each ticket collection. They need to find your ticket, then check your details, address...etc etc. I dont know the official number of tickets that were to be collected last night, but would assume that it was in excess of 500. I would imagine, that even a 10 year old could tell you , that half a minute a time x 500 will equate to over 4 hours. It was always going to be logistically impossible, to give out those tickets, booked and paid for, before the game. This, IMHO, is gross incompetence by those responsible.
With regard to accepting Mr. Browns card.............what on earth would be the point in that.....?
I have, when I was younger, been to many of these "after event" nonsenses. They are merely an excuse, to be offered a nice cup of coffee, and listen to the defendant waffling on about every excuse he can think of..........and blind you with science. My purpose last night, was to deliver a stinging rebuke to someone, who clearly had no grasp on the situation.......cannot do simple arithmetic, and frankly, didn,t seem to care either.......(except to save his job). All the letters in the world, dont move some people. I hope my stinging rebuke, made him understand , that this football.............a game followed by people who usually have some passion and desire for their club to succeeed.........not a business that is done by polite waffling, when the damage...(for the second time) has already been done. There were absolutely no excuses for last night. The club sold the tickets..........the club took the money.The club, through Mr. Brown.........failed to deliver.

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
Why the personal insults. Insulting stewards, who had no control over the situation is bang out of order.I saw part of the confrontation and in reality you could have been in the ground earlier if you had gone through the correct procedures for making a complaint. You were obivously very angry. You should not have possibly aired your grievances in front of the police, stewards and supporters. If someone shouts at me i would also get defensive if the problem was out of my immediate control and had offered a temporary solution.You should have taken his card and could have had a polite conversation with Ken in the cold light of day. Most problems are usually resolved once both parties concerned have calmed down and assessed the situation.

I fairness to you, you weren,t on the receiving end of the stewards "sport"....(possibly at the behest of Mr. Brown) nor did you hear some of his comments to me. Even worse, was when I asked him why he had said one particular thing, which he then realised he was overstepping the mark and had to co-erce a female steward nearby to confirm he hadn,t uttered this statement. I felt sorry for the female steward, who was clearly uncomfortable and very hesitant in having to lie for him.

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
I fairness to you, you weren,t on the receiving end of the stewards "sport"....(possibly at the behest of Mr. Brown) nor did you hear some of his comments to me. Even worse, was when I asked him why he had said one particular thing, which he then realised he was overstepping the mark and had to co-erce a female steward nearby to confirm he hadn,t uttered this statement. I felt sorry for the female steward, who was clearly uncomfortable and very hesitant in having to lie for him.

Chap, I'm sure you are making a very valid point AND I appreciate you are having a bit of a rant but............

799px-Enter.png

Your posts are very hard to read!!

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
Chap, I'm sure you are making a very valid point AND I appreciate you are having a bit of a rant but............

799px-Enter.png

Your posts are very hard to read!!

Point taken...

:lolol::lolol::lolol:

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
My problem with last nights debacle other than the points raised already on this thread is the safety issues.

Did Mr Brown know of the situation outside ?
If he did, why did he not act quicker in either opening the south stand gate or getting a message to the referee who could then have given permission for the club to announce a delay in the kick off.
If he did not know of the situation outside then that is truly worrying.
A very dangerous situation might have been building up and certain people were found wanting.

So there is either no communication or its just plain bad decision making.

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
My problem with last nights debacle other than the points raised already on this thread is the safety issues.

Did Mr Brown know of the situation outside ?
If he did, why did he not act quicker in either opening the south stand gate or getting a message to the referee who could then have given permission for the club to announce a delay in the kick off.
If he did not know of the situation outside then that is truly worrying.
A very dangerous situation might have been building up and certain people were found wanting.

So there is either no communication or its just plain bad decision making.

I believe people have quoted the minute he arrived he got the gates open.

The issue is why he had to be called in from his office to make the decsion. Someone on site should have had the training or common sense to do this prior ro the game starting.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Quite clearly ONE ticket booth is not enough, two is pushing it. As others have said there is more than enough room to set up another two or three "stalls" and have A-E, F-I etc

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
StewardPOSTSONEVERYTHREAD443 has been noticeable by his absence on this thread!

Oooooooh Man City at home cue ticket office melt down!

I have worked in the ticket collection booth when there were 2 windows open, and it went fairly smoothly - but it was on a Saturday and it did still take a while. People were arriving at good intervals and I stayed busy for all that time.

As this was an evening game, and it sounds as though more people arrived at once, and to a single window. The arrivals were also made closer to kick-off - probably down to having to work/eat/travel.
I'm still a little surprised personally, that this problem arose.... because there was a low turnout overall for the match.

At a guess I'd hazard that more fans arrived at once and at a later time than anticipated - an event that would cause a problem at almost any club.

Our box-office was taken by surprise, yes, and it should be a wake-up call so that an 'expansion plan' can be implemented quickly to deal with such an event.

I'm speaking as a fan here mind, not for the club - but anyway I have confidence it will be taken seriously and addressed efficiently.

StewardPOSTSONEVERYTHREAD443 has been noticeable by his absence on this thread!

Oooooooh Man City at home cue ticket office melt down!

Er....... right. Do you think that many people will be buying tickets at the last minute, to collect at the gate? I would imagine that wise fans will be getting theirs as early as possible - I'd advise it too, unless they want to chance missing a very attractive game due to it selling out.

We don't get many fixtures as sparkling as this, even in a decade-worth of cup draws!

The tall one

Banned
Jan 2, 2007

What do you mean by Stewards sport?. In fairness if you had entered the ground when the gates were opened you would have seen at least 15 mins more of the match than you did. To be honest i did see you talk to the steward in question, but could not hear what was said. I just think that you went about the situation the wrong way. Overall i think that the stewards do an excellent job considering some of the situations and rubbish they have to put up with.:albion2: Remember no stewards no game.

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
What do you mean by Stewards sport?. In fairness if you had entered the ground when the gates were opened you would have seen at least 15 mins more of the match than you did. To be honest i did see you talk to the steward in question, but could not hear what was said. I just think that you went about the situation the wrong way. Overall i think that the stewards do an excellent job considering some of the situations and rubbish they have to put up with.:albion2: Remember no stewards no game.

I agree with you............overall most of the stewards do a good job.As always, there are exceptions.

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
Er....... right. Do you think that many people will be buying tickets at the last minute, to collect at the gate? I would imagine that wise fans will be getting theirs as early as possible - I'd advise it too, unless they want to chance missing a very attractive game due to it selling out.

We don't get many fixtures as sparkling as this, even in a decade-worth of cup draws!

Errrmmmm they've had all summer to print season tickets and some folk are still waiting for theirs! I'm guessing that is Royal Mails fault though right?

My experience of ringing up for tickets for a game in a week or so time when we've been away on Saturday hasn't been great so the prospect of a Premier League team coming to town IMO will send the ticket office into meltdown especially given the very fragile state it appears to be in.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here