Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Thunderstorms kicking off.....................

• Thread starter Deleted member 2719
  • Start date

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
Here in the one wetter TN6 it hissed down for around 45' from around 0700 but has now settled down to a rather pathetic drizzle.
We had thunder and lightning before the rain came for a good 30 minutes. It was very bizarre thunder and lightning some of which seemed very close but no rain. Until as you say the heavens absolutely opened.

My sensible dog hates thunder and was pacing about which made the very unsensible puppy chase her around. The latter later decided to chase something (a squirrel I expect) into the stream at Walshes Park which after that downpour was running very fast. Had visions of me having to go in after him when I heard the splash luckily he was able to get out.

Last edited:

Muhammad - I’m hard - Bruce Lee

You can't change fighters
NSC Patron
Jul 25, 2005
on a pig farm
We had thunder and lightning before the rain came for a good 30 minutes. It was very bizarre thunder and lightning some of which seemed very close but no rain. Until as you say the heavens absolutely opened.

My sensible dog hates thunder and was pacing about which made the very unsensible puppy chase her around. The latter later decided to chase something (a squirrel I expect) into the stream at Walshes Park which after that downpour was running very fast. Has visions of me having to go in after him when I heard the splash luckily he was able to get out.
You are lucky to have one sensible dog, I have 2 complete idiots

Scappa

Jul 5, 2017
I believe that there was a lake there many years ago - nature taking it back to how it was.
Yes, supposedly this was the site in 1930

Media,102331,smxx.jpg

Gabbafella

Aug 22, 2012
Hearing distant rumblings here in BN2

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
The thunderclap was loud, I don't think I've ever seen the dog move so quickly. She was under our bed within seconds

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
Just about to put the washing out on the line to dry.
Mine dried in about two hours today.

Thunder is forecast later this afternoon (possibly). ⚡⚡⚡

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Mega thunderstorm last night in SW France. Very strong winds, forked lightning and thunderclaps overhead followed by a power cut. Beautiful today though :smile:

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
The thunderclap was loud, I don't think I've ever seen the dog move so quickly. She was under our bed within seconds
My dog annoyed the hell out of me barking at both lighting and the thunder for two hours last night! We did make an exception and let her sleep in our bed though

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here