Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Thunderstorms kicking off.....................

• Thread starter Deleted member 2719
  • Start date

jcdenton08

Offended Liver Sausage
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
Massive thunderstorm in Seaford this afternoon - it was glorious

Withdean and I

Aug 6, 2003
This afternoon’s weather certainly made for an interesting last 45 mins of my flight home from holiday. I’ve never known an approach to Gatwick quite like this and despite having a window seat I didn’t have a clue what was going on. Bumpy, a flash of lightning on final approach and me a nervous flyer!

793e7150-0d6e-48a3-a8c2-5733ff74606a.jpeg

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Ooh, a storm is threatening
My very life today
If I don't get some shelter
Ooh yeah I'm gonna fade away

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Can't find a decent thunderstorm tracker at mo...anything bubbling up in the usual hotspot of Caen ?

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Can't find a decent thunderstorm tracker at mo...anything bubbling up in the usual hotspot of Caen ?
All north west of London:

Brok

🦡
Dec 26, 2011
Some nice clean rain please, to wash off half the Sahara desert that landed on my car last week.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Feels as though the sky's about to open and it's oppressively humid, but the Met Office (still) saying less than 5% chance of rain
How rubbish are the Met Office tho? According to them its been clear unbroken sunshine here all day. Their forecast would be more accurate if they just had a team of people phoning in what they could see out of their window :lol:

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
There's absolutely nothing on the radars nor the lightning detector sites that indicate we're going to see any storms of any kind in the next few hours.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
How rubbish are the Met Office tho? According to them its been clear unbroken sunshine here all day. Their forecast would be more accurate if they just had a team of people phoning in what they could see out of their window :lol:
The Met Office are amazing. I base my clothing, transport, outings, etc on them, and am glad that I do. You can choose to do otherwise.

pearl

May 3, 2016
Behind My Eyes
About ten minutes ago I saw a young woman walk passed my window with a huge umbrella ...... haven't seen any rain tho' :unsure:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here