Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Three minutes silence

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
it amazes me how NSC has to argue and discuss and bicker about every little thing that ever happens, for f*** sake just shut the f*** up the lot of ya!

Croydonbloke

Palace in Sussex
Sep 1, 2004
West Sussex
Easy 10 said:
Naah, we'll just have another one at the end of the month. Maybe 5 or 10 minutes this time.
Boxing Day will always be known for this disaster from now on, and we will have to observe three minutes silence each year on this day. Well that will keep the mother law quiet for some part of Christmas.

C1 BHA

Jul 5, 2003
Wiltshire
CrabtreeBHA said:
it amazes me how NSC has to argue and discuss and bicker about every little thing that ever happens, for f*** sake just shut the f*** up the lot of ya!

:jester:

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
Croydonbloke said:
Boxing Day will always be known for this disaster from now on, and we will have to observe three minutes silence each year on this day. Well that will keep the mother law quiet for some part of Christmas.

It wouldn't silence you palace tards on boxing day before your Xmas stuffing by the mighty albion. Shouldn't your name be Croydonchav?

Croydonbloke

Palace in Sussex
Sep 1, 2004
West Sussex
CrabtreeBHA said:
I have noticed that Crabtree. Well observed. But in some cases they have a point.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
CrabtreeBHA said:
Come off it Crabbers....you LOVE a good old moral RUCK on here as much as everyone else. Don't pretend you don't like it.

:p

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
Croydonbloke said:
I have noticed that Crabtree. Well observed. But in some cases they have a point.

they have a point in arguing about a poxy 3mins of their life when hundreds of thousands will have their entire lives affected by the whole disaster?
Like f***! bunch of blind, up their own arses disrespectful c unts the lot of 'em. I'd like to see them argue against the 3mins if they lost a loved one or know someone directly affected by it all, but you just know they would be attacking those against it all then, hypocritical wankers.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
looney said:
I wasn't shocked by it, ive been thinking about it in a clinical manner but thats me. Maybe Ive spent to long on dodgy sites watching people being killed in real life or maybe I'm just psycotic, I dont know.

your right, shocked isnt the right word, these things happen all too often, I guess its just not pleasant to see death and destruction on such a grand scale . . . .than again I don't think its good too see such irresponsible overpopulation and subsequent poverty on a grand scale, but who am I to criticise.

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
CrabtreeBHA said:
they have a point in arguing about a poxy 3mins of their life when hundreds of thousands will have their entire lives affected by the whole disaster?
Like f***! bunch of blind, up their own arses disrespectful c unts the lot of 'em. I'd like to see them argue against the 3mins if they lost a loved one or know someone directly affected by it all, but you just know they would be attacking those against it all then, hypocritical wankers.

what makes you so different from all the other kimono wearing Geisha geeks that poster here? Just bend over and take it like the rest bitch or I'll pile drive you into the dirt with one slap, stumpy.

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
zefarelly said:
your right, shocked isnt the right word, these things happen all too often, I guess its just not pleasant to see death and destruction on such a grand scale . . . .than again I don't think its good too see such irresponsible overpopulation and subsequent poverty on a grand scale, but who am I to criticise.

Ironically its probably stopped 2 conflicts and made a dent in overpopulation. Still I'm suprissed few of the locals new the signs of an approaching Tsunami. What difference that would have made I dont know.

Deano's Right Foot

Jul 5, 2003
Barcombe
The Tsunami was of course very shocking and extremely dramatic. An immensely sad event that can't have been out of many people's minds since it happened on boxing day.

I also thought about the 36 children that died of hunger in that three minutes. And every other three minutes in every hour of every day.

Which works out to 5,000,000 children a year that die of hunger.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Little Piggy said:
I may be very wrong here, but didn't you start a thread questioning Rememberance Sunday?

I contributed to a thread that questioned the relevance of remembering people who gave their lives in the last century,
to the current school generation. I also wondered with the generation of people who actually fought in the war dying off, wether we would in the future place as much relevance to Rememberance Sunday as we do to say remembering Trafalgar or Waterloo.

At no time did I ever suggest we the current generation ever drop Rememberence Sunday, but there must come a point in time when this does happen.

I think linking war dead and the Tsunami dead is a bit tenuous to be honest.

as I said, its a personal choice. If you didnt want to sit in a room ion silence, you could quite easily have left the room...as I did when the people in my office were rabbiting away.

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
CrabtreeBHA said:

I've lost family members in wars and outside of wars, but i don't expect you to observe any silence for them. I don't ask you to come to their funeral. I don't ask you to sing hymns for them or remember them in your prayers. I don't ask you to do anything.
It's a personal choice and oughtn't be enforced.

Grief is a personal thing. I stayed silent for the 3 minutes because it mattered to other people, but, intrinsically, i feel pretty silly doing it because i'm either just looking at the clock or thinking about the type of soup i'm going to get for lunch.
I'll care when i feel i should and not when i'm told to.

Croydonbloke

Palace in Sussex
Sep 1, 2004
West Sussex
looney said:
It wouldn't silence you palace tards on boxing day before your Xmas stuffing by the mighty albion. Shouldn't your name be Croydonchav?
I enjoyed your 90 Minutes silence in Oct 2002 well observed. :D

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
you should just let people do what they want to do with the 3mins, instead of going on your fave footy webboard and ranting and raving about Why theres a need for it! Think about those who have lost people and just let it be but OH NO, the NSC brigade come out and start f***ing about and attacking "The System" and all sorts of bollocks. Just let the moment happen and write about something else if you want too, some of us have lost loved ones and friends and if people who dont like the 3mins just shut up and keep quiet anyway then thats fine, but if some c unt walks upto me and says "I'm not observing it because blah blah blah..." I'd smack the fucker down for being a disrespectful wanker when he could've kept schtum......'nuff said.

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
CrabtreeBHA said:
you should just let people do what they want to do with the 3mins, instead of going on your fave footy webboard and ranting and raving about Why theres a need for it! Think about those who have lost people and just let it be but OH NO, the NSC brigade come out and start f***ing about and attacking "The System" and all sorts of bollocks. Just let the moment happen and write about something else if you want too, some of us have lost loved ones and friends and if people who dont like the 3mins just shut up and keep quiet anyway then thats fine, but if some c unt walks upto me and says "I'm not observing it because blah blah blah..." I'd smack the fucker down for being a disrespectful wanker when he could've kept schtum......'nuff said.

What bollocks.

Croydonbloke

Palace in Sussex
Sep 1, 2004
West Sussex
At the end of the day nobody has to observe anything so therefore go about your business. Ok for the war dead that means everything to us Brits and that should be observed by all, but in these circumstances you have a choice in my mind making donations to help raise money is more than enough 3 minutes silence is a bit strong. We all take pity on what has happened but as previously mentioned we don`t need silence to remember how many people have lost their lives, have we had any silence for all those killed in train crashes over the years/lockerbie etc NO.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here