Starry

Captain Of The Crew
Oct 10, 2004
leeds1.jpg

lowfi.jpg

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
I'll have a word next time I see him - see if he know's about the picture.

It must be a few years old though as he's nearly 50 now!

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
No it's not, and I'm not going to name him on here. You may know him Richie as he's from your home town, and used to sometimes drink in the Bedford, or the Hurst Arms.

The Bedford was my old local so would possibly recognise him. My brother used to go in there pretty much every day on the way in from work.

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
nice thread... obvious happy memories...

having looked at this thread yesterday, and then finding it difficult to sleep while Mrs G was up feeding the baby last night, my mind wandered around the various terraces I stood on back in the good old days... quite a nice mental game to try and get as clear a visualisation as possible of where you stood, the crowd and the view...

what I soon realised was the consistency with which I used to migrate to a certain position two thirds of the way back and a bit to the right of the goal... doesn't matter which terrace I recall - The North Stand (obviously), Peterborough, Barnsley, Shrewsbury, Bournemouth, Portsmouth, Reading, York, Northampton, Fulham, etc, etc - wherever I had the choice I always found that position... even at Oxford in the FA Cup with Worthing when we had the run of the terrace and could hang a flag from the crash barrier... there were obviously the occasions when that position wasn't available due to where they put us - Forest, Ipswich, Palace, West Brom, West Ham, Watford, Norwich, Millwall, etc, etc - and rare occasions when a terrace was so packed you couldn't get where you wanted e.g. West Ham at home in 78 had to stand on the left edge of the North Stand and Highbury 83 ended up nearer the front than usual - otherwise, I spent 25 years standing on terraces two thirds of the way back and a bit to the right of the goal...

anyone else have a favourite terrace position?

Brighton till i die

You havin' a bubble?
Jan 31, 2004
On the terraces!!
nice thread... obvious happy memories...

anyone else have a favourite terrace position?

yes mate - EXACTLY where u stood! the best position a terrace can offer by far.

and when the goal goes in, ended up about 2 foot away from the front of the terrace, usually in the opposite corner....brilliant!

shitty seats are driving hardcore people away from footie unfortunately.

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
yes mate - EXACTLY where u stood! the best position a terrace can offer by far.

and when the goal goes in, ended up about 2 foot away from the front of the terrace, usually in the opposite corner....brilliant!
we probably pushed each other down those terraces...! I must admit that I did spend a couple of years as a youth going to the left of the fence down the middle of the North Stand as that was where the best "Knees up Brighton Town" and goal surges happened...:D

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
didn't realise Gay Pride marched from Btn station to Hove Park

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here