Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Thread full of Terrace nostalgia

Brighton till i die

You havin' a bubble?
Jan 31, 2004
On the terraces!!
so stopping this happening ever again is stupid?

dont be f***ing DAFT.

that wasn't caused by the terraces...it was the f***ing metail fences, with doors that didnt burst open upon too much pressure, couple with dumb arse f***ing police/stewards opening the gates outside to all the fans.

you are obviously in the same, diluded, boat as Taylor.

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
Sorry cant remember the year,but it was a wednesday night game v huddersfield at the goldstone,and for watever reason it absolutely went mental afterwards,in the street behind the chicken run,id say no more than 100 Udders came up behind a few of us and started taking the piss i thought oh well there goes me pretty face,when from behind and in front of us Brighton fans converged on these poor buggas,it was nasty to say the least,i cant remember throwing a punch and if i did at that age it wouldnt have done much but when the dust settled after a good 15 mins,i counted at least 8 bodies strewn accross the road. Cant think of a more orchestrated bit of ambushing by the family club that is my beloved Albion fans than that..Hangs head in shame but way back then it gave me a buzz,Now? probably not.

Jan 30, 2008
there were a few huddersfield in the bottom of the east terrace next to the away corner that night and it kicked off there too, now how do i know that......mmmmmmmmmmmmm??????

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
there were a few huddersfield in the bottom of the east terrace next to the away corner that night and it kicked off there too, now how do i know that......mmmmmmmmmmmmm??????[/QUOTE

not how I remembered it

I remember going to see town playing at millwall in the early 80's and there was about 1000 town fans converged on cold blow lane...We were all stood waiting for the game to start when there was a hell of a din and all hell broke loose. Seemly two coaches full of town undesirables were dropped off at the wrong end and then to make matters worse, they were let into the ground.

this was at the time when the panorama programme was aired and evey team with a firm wanted a crack at supposedly the best...we heard afterwards that three coaches had been stopped at toddington after town fans attacked a load of manu fans.

those days were mental and hopefully well gone. what ever reichy poos and the rest think, they were dreadful days and hopefully never to be be repeated

The Wookiee

Back From The Dead
Nov 10, 2003
Worthing
p13498.jpg

Is that the Holland-England game in dusseldorf in the European Championships in W Germany 1988. That as fk ing mental. Squaddies from the local British Army bases burst in without tickets (an no one was gong to argue with them!) which meant that the tiny bit of the ground allocated for England fans was wildy overcrowded. Only one gate opened to let people in .

Personally, I prefer sitting down and seeing the game, rather than being pressed up against someon'es (invariably a smelly bloke) back, unable to move and staring at the back of their shitty mullett for three hours without being able to move

The Wookiee

Back From The Dead
Nov 10, 2003
Worthing
Is that the Holland-England game in dusseldorf in the European Championships in W Germany 1988. That as fk ing mental. Squaddies from the local British Army bases burst in without tickets (an no one was gong to argue with them!) which meant that the tiny bit of the ground allocated for England fans was wildy overcrowded. Only one gate opened to let people in .

Personally, I prefer sitting down and seeing the game, rather than being pressed up against someon'es (invariably a smelly bloke) back, unable to move and staring at the back of their shitty mullett for three hours without being able to move

1982 world cup (Spain) v France

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here