Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Thoughts from last night, team for Peterborough

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
Dobbie should be starting. He needs game time and with it will show exactly how good he is.

Crofts should start every day of the week over Hammond who is gash. It's as if Gus knows it was controversial bringing him in and is determined to play him to prove it was a good decision. It wasn't.

Dec 29, 2011
To answer your question for me it is not chasing causes that are most likely lost and not going in for 50 50 balls. Also head down with a negative body shape almost in a sulking way. Of course it may just be an interpretation and just the way he plays. As I said previously his record at this level is very good and there are glimpses of what he can do so I do think he will turn out to be a good player . He will probably shin a goal in and then be up and running.
Just my take on it

Maybe Dobbie's work rate looks low because we're used to see CMS play upfront, but remember when he came on against Leeds and chased down a ball, blocked the clearance and put in a cross... seemed hard working to me.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Dobbie should be starting. He needs game time and with it will show exactly how good he is.

Crofts should start every day of the week over Hammond who is gash. It's as if Gus knows it was controversial bringing him in and is determined to play him to prove it was a good decision. It wasn't.

Crofts hasn't looked the same player since he came back from injury and hammond wasn't that bad on Friday

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath

Out of the two since their arrival Hammond has looked the better option, possibly due to Cofts injury, but even on Friday against Leeds we looked lost in midfield when Croft came on and Hammond went off.

withdeanwombat

Feb 17, 2005
Somersetshire
Hollins

Spearritt - Stevens

Horton - Jennings - Lawrenson

Gould - Ward - Napier K - Dawson - Jones.

This is the team I'd prefer.

No subs - it's a man's game.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Crofts hasn't looked the same player because he has been shoehorned into a midfield alongside Hammond. It should be one or the other with Crofts the preference.

As I have said hen he was on the pith Hammond won virtually every 50/50 or loose ball that was in or around the centre circle when he went off we didn't win one and Croft produced nothing. I have been disappointed with Crofts and think he is a pale imitation of the man who scored goals for us and Norwich. The sooner he gets back to his goal scoring best the better it will be for us and this cannot be down to Gus and the way we play as he did it for Gus in the past prior to Norwich.

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
So Hammond is making Crofts look bad?

No. Hammond and Crofts trying to share a similar position doesn't work. Think about Gerrard and Lampard for England. Hammond has been rubbish since Sheffield Weds. Crofts and the team as a whole were much better before Hammond was in the side. Undeniable fact.

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
Dobbie looks terrible to me. Has shown quick feet once per game but also makes bad decisions and looks un interested. I think he will come good though as is clearly capable from his history. Just taking longer than we all would like

He will come good but not playing 15 -20 minute cameos - he needs to start

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Pretty harsh. It was about six inches from being a contender for our goal of the season. When he's playing in his proper position i.e. not with his back to goal, he's already shown in glimpses that he's got quick feet and can deliver a great pass. That cross to CMS was an absolute peach. People are VERY wrong to write him off..... just needs a run of games and the first goal to get him going..
I agree people would be wrong to have written him off after a handful of games (though not to say how shockingly bad he's been in them), that cross was a beauty and he put in a good cross from that freekick he took too. Hopefully he will show more of that quality from now on and maybe some better decision making.

albionalex

Feb 26, 2009
Toronto
That's his role in the side to win the loose balls in an advanced position and then lay them off in simple short passes so that we try to keep possession.

Our problem as I see it, is that we haven't got a 10 goal a season midfielder despite all the signings. Hammond for Southampton and Croft for Norwich both scored a number of goals but haven't looked like they will get far enough forward to do the same for us.

That is his role, yes. However, when in the attacking 3rd he shouldn't be dithering and turning back on himself. Crofts is much better than him.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here