Painter
Hammond
LuaLua
Lopez
Agdestein

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Hammond was shocking yesterday, Crofts needs to play instead of him.

Are you sure that you are talking about Dean Hammond who played for us last night not Wally Hammond the old cricketer. When Dean went off we didn't win any balls at all in or around the centre circle as opposed to the time that he was on the pitch when he won virtually every loose ball in that area. He had a very good game and gave a performance that the rest of the team would appreciate.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
That was probably his best shot for us, but it was never going on and his playground shoot on site maybe wasn't what was needed with only a few minutes to go. He had other options there.

Pretty harsh. It was about six inches from being a contender for our goal of the season. When he's playing in his proper position i.e. not with his back to goal, he's already shown in glimpses that he's got quick feet and can deliver a great pass. That cross to CMS was an absolute peach. People are VERY wrong to write him off..... just needs a run of games and the first goal to get him going..

Dec 29, 2011
Pretty harsh. It was about six inches from being a contender for our goal of the season. When he's playing in his proper position i.e. not with his back to goal, he's already shown in glimpses that he's got quick feet and can deliver a great pass. That cross to CMS was an absolute peach. People are VERY wrong to write him off..... just needs a run of games and the first goal to get him going..

Urgh THAT cross. Jesus. It was sublime and wouldn't have looked out of place in the Premier League.

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
Yes, but half the muppets on here think the reverse,... it simply makes me wonder what fookin games they watch, not the games I am seeing that is for bleedin sure.
I don't think its half on here. Its a small few, that simply will not have a word said against anything Albion. They are probably the same people who wouldn't have a word said against Mickey Adams Mark II, even though that was a disaster. I'd go as far to say if NSC was here when Twat and Twater tried to destroy the club, they would not have had a bad word said against them either. Ignore them.

Dobbie looks class, and the sooner he starts for Barnes the better. Barnes strikes me as the kid at school, who was always picked last. Tries and tries, but nowhere the same class of the other children.

Buckley's Mad Eye

Oct 27, 2012
I don't think its half on here. Its a small few, that simply will not have a word said against anything Albion. They are probably the same people who wouldn't have a word said against Mickey Adams Mark II, even though that was a disaster. I'd go as far to say if NSC was here when Twat and Twater tried to destroy the club, they would not have had a bad word said against them either. Ignore them.

Dobbie looks class, and the sooner he starts for Barnes the better. Barnes strikes me as the kid at school, who was always picked last. Tries and tries, but nowhere the same class of the other children.
And there speaks the voice of experience.

;)

albionalex

Feb 26, 2009
Toronto
Are you sure that you are talking about Dean Hammond who played for us last night not Wally Hammond the old cricketer. When Dean went off we didn't win any balls at all in or around the centre circle as opposed to the time that he was on the pitch when he won virtually every loose ball in that area. He had a very good game and gave a performance that the rest of the team would appreciate.

I'm talking about the Dean Hammond who at every opportunity to pass the ball forwards, either was too slow or turned back and passed backwards.

blue2

Apr 21, 2010
Has everybody gone mad Hammond must start after having had his best game for us since he came back. Did nobody notice that after he went off we didn't n win 1 ball in or around the centre circle Leeds won everything. Still people are not happy , it really beats me what people watch at The Amex because it certainly isn't the football that we play..

This was also my take I am not a big Hammond fan but he did play well Friday

Ward1971

Oct 24, 2012
i don't think its half on here. Its a small few, that simply will not have a word said against anything albion. They are probably the same people who wouldn't have a word said against mickey adams mark ii, even though that was a disaster. I'd go as far to say if nsc was here when twat and twater tried to destroy the club, they would not have had a bad word said against them either. Ignore them.

Dobbie looks class, and the sooner he starts for barnes the better. Barnes strikes me as the kid at school, who was always picked last. Tries and tries, but nowhere the same class of the other children.

this 100%

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I'm talking about the Dean Hammond who at every opportunity to pass the ball forwards, either was too slow or turned back and passed backwards.

That's his role in the side to win the loose balls in an advanced position and then lay them off in simple short passes so that we try to keep possession.

Our problem as I see it, is that we haven't got a 10 goal a season midfielder despite all the signings. Hammond for Southampton and Croft for Norwich both scored a number of goals but haven't looked like they will get far enough forward to do the same for us.

Last edited:

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
Dobbie looks terrible to me. Has shown quick feet once per game but also makes bad decisions and looks un interested. I think he will come good though as is clearly capable from his history. Just taking longer than we all would like

There's one or two saying this so I assume an element of copy catting.

What does "un interested" mean ... like how does he look uninterested? Firstly when he comes out at half time he is clearly working hard, and has anyone else noticed he's looking for someone in the SW corner and when he spots there's a wave a big grin. Then in the few minute he gets he's works bloody hard. Too hard probably, trying to make some wonder impression in the little time he gets.

I'm bloody certain he's absolutely what we need, give him a full 90 minutes just behind CMS with the team pressing like they did against Leeds and he'll show his stuff

Last edited:

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
kushack
bruno greer dunk(only to give adam a rest if needed.) wayno

dobbie hammond crofts orlandi
lopez
cms

rather experimental ant unlikely to happen...!! but i reckon it would do alright.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
There's one or two saying this so I assume an element of copy catting.

What does "un interested" mean ... like how does he look uninterested? Firstly when he comes out at half time he is clearly working hard, and has anyone else noticed he's looking for someone in the SW corner and when he spots there's a wave a big grin. Then in the few minute he gets he's works bloody hard. Too hard probably, trying to make some wonder impression in the little time he gets.

I'm bloody certain he's absolutely what we need, give him a full 90 minutes just behind CMS with the team pressing like they did against Leeds and he'll show his stuff

To answer your question for me it is not chasing causes that are most likely lost and not going in for 50 50 balls. Also head down with a negative body shape almost in a sulking way. Of course it may just be an interpretation and just the way he plays. As I said previously his record at this level is very good and there are glimpses of what he can do so I do think he will turn out to be a good player . He will probably shin a goal in and then be up and running.
Just my take on it

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
To answer your question for me it is not chasing causes that are most likely lost and not going in for 50 50 balls. Also head down with a negative body shape almost in a sulking way. Of course it may just be an interpretation and just the way he plays. As I said previously his record at this level is very good and there are glimpses of what he can do so I do think he will turn out to be a good player . He will probably shin a goal in and then be up and running.
Just my take on it

Fair enough. I see it quite different although I wouldn't disagree that it might be understandable he's got his head down, having signed for us and not being given much of an opportunity. I really do think he's got the potential to light our team up, but he's going to need an extended run, or as you say, any lucky break to get him going

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here