Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Thoughts from last night, team for Peterborough

El Turi

Injured
Aug 13, 2005
Argentina
Dobbie did well in his 10 minutes on the pitch yesterday. He charged down a clearance before playing a great cross to CMS and almost scored a 30 yarder with his wrong foot. It's just a shame that the most of NSC have already written him off based on limited game time played in a position he's not comfortable in.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Dobbie didn't look too fat and lethargic last night , maybe a move in the right direction.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
I was pretty much agreeing with the OP until I got to the team which didn't include Buckley and then read that Buckley is interchangable, then I fell off my chair. Buckley is essential.

I would think Hammond will drop back into the Bridcutt role on Tuesday, most likely Crofts will come into midfield. Not too much to say about that, Hammond was better last night but he is still slow and ponderous on the ball.

Orlandi was very good, Barnes was a bit of a non entity and Dobbie for the first time looked like a professional footballer when he came on so maybe he'll get a start. LuaLua not being on the bench is a joke and hopefuly he will back involved on Tuesday.

Kuszczak
Bruno Greer El-Abd Bridge
Hammond
Crofts Orlandi
Buckley---------------Barnes/Dobbie
Mackail-Smith​

Ankergren, Calderon, Dunk, Dicker, Lopes, LuaLua, Dobbie/Barnes

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Dobbie did well in his 10 minutes on the pitch yesterday. He charged down a clearance before playing a great cross to CMS and almost scored a 30 yarder with his wrong foot. It's just a shame that the most of NSC have already written him off based on limited game time played in a position he's not comfortable in.
That was probably his best shot for us, but it was never going on and his playground shoot on site maybe wasn't what was needed with only a few minutes to go. He had other options there.

Dec 29, 2011
Kuszczak
Bruno ~ Greer ~ El-Abd ~ Bridge
Bridcutt ~ Crofts
Dobbie ~ Orlandi
Buckley ~ CMS
(With Dobbie/Buckley and Orlandi being interchangeable)

I was pretty much agreeing with the OP until I got to the team which didn't include Buckley and then read that Buckley is interchangable, then I fell off my chair. Buckley is essential.

Maybe re-read the OP, no-one in their right mind is going to leave out Buckley after his performance last night.

Also I didn't know Bridcutt was injured, that will be a blow but at least it's against a lesser side like P'borough.

So we play 10 players?

Nine if Barnes starts.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
My main concern is that Gus will revert to type. We know he hates conceding and I have this horrible feeling he will put Dicker, Crofts and Hammond in the middle :(

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
I thought we worked exceptionally hard against Leeds and that our training programme must have been designed for attack so this meant that Barnes was nearer to Dobbie in skill and with his greater energy Barnes is preferred. A fully fit Will Buckley played superbly and is a very good player.

We could not keep up the pace for the whole match (the boot is usually on the other foot) so Leeds came back into the game during the middle of the match. The subs came on ten minutes too late to make a telling impact.

We also closed down in groups very well. This did give the impression that our players were get in each others way at times.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I think the only change will be somebody in for b the suspended Bridcutt I am not sure whether Gus will play Hammond in the Bridcut role and then bring in Crofts as the advanced midfielder or bring in Dicker for Bridcutt and leave Hammond as the advanced midfielder. Something tells me it will be Crofts brought in. I also think that Dobbie showed he is getting up to steam with his match fitness.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
Dobbie simply has to start in place of Barnes.

Crofts in for Bridcutt

Dunk in for El-Abd if he is not fit.

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
Dobbie simply has to start in place of Barnes.

Yes, but half the muppets on here think the reverse,... it simply makes me wonder what fookin games they watch, not the games I am seeing that is for bleedin sure.

Trigger

Jul 4, 2003
Brighton
Kuszczak

Bruno Greer Dunk Bridge

Buckley Crofts Hammond LuaLua

Orlandi

Mackail-Smith

Subs:
Ankergren
Calderon
Akubuine
Lopez
Dicker
Agdestien
Dobbie

If El-Abd is fit then obviously he starts and Dunk drops to the bench in place of Akubuine!

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Tk
Bs
gg
aea
wb
Buckers
hsmmond
crofts
irlandi
dobbie
cms

bennibenj

Mar 6, 2011
Sompting
I would go for it tomorrow, get some confidence up in the dressing room and try and hit Peterboro for 5 or 6, would pick:

-----------------Kuszczak

Bruno------Greer---------El Abd---------Bridge

-------------Crofts-------Hammond-----------

Buckley--------------------------------LuaLua
-------------------Orlandi--------------------

----------------Mackail-Smith----------------

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here