Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Thoughts from last night, team for Peterborough

Dec 29, 2011
I just re-watched the match on Sky, here's a few thoughts:
1. Crofts should be starting over Hammond. Hammond's decision making is very poor, he never knows where to pass the ball and because of this usually ends up going sideways or backwards. I think Crofts is of a higher calibre.

2. Last nights line-up was the best we can hope for. We should stick with this for the next few weeks after a few minor tweaks.

3. Sub needs to be better. On the bench we had one slow winger (Lopez) and a CAM (Dobbie) as our only 'attacking' options. We need someone explosive to run the tired opposition ragged and create space (Agdestein, KLL).

4. Orlandi has looked good from the game time I've seen of him, he needs to play a more influential role, maybe stick him in CAM.

5. Greer needs to stop trying to play defensive splitting passes, he's a CB, play it simple and let the players with ability play them balls (I counted 3 or 4 times he lost it with ambitious, needless long balls/passes).

That being said, here's my prefered line-up for Tuesday:

Kuszczak
Bruno ~ Greer ~ El-Abd ~ Bridge
Bridcutt ~ Crofts
Dobbie ~ Orlandi
Buckley ~ CMS
(With Dobbie/Buckley and Orlandi being interchangeable)

Buckley's Mad Eye

Oct 27, 2012
We'll be without Bridcutt and possibly El-Abd. I'd go:

Kuczszak, Bruno, Dunk, Greer, Bridge, Buckley, Crofts, Hammond, Orlandi, Barnes, CMS

4-4-2 two wingers.

brightonrock

Dodgy Hamstrings
Jan 1, 2008
Kuszczak
Bruno ~ Greer ~ El-Abd ~ Bridge
Bridcutt ~ Crofts
Dobbie ~ Orlandi
Buckley ~ CMS
(With Dobbie/Buckley and Orlandi being interchangeable)

Kuszczak
Bruno ~ Greer ~ Dunk (Or El-Abd if fit)~ Bridge
Bridcutt
Orlandi Crofts
Buckley Barnes
CMS

Bridcutt is suspended since he got booked against Leeds. For me:

Kuszczak
Bruno Greer El-Abd/Dunk Bridge
Crofts Dicker
Buckley Orlandi Barnes
Mackail-Smith

Subs: Ankergren, Calderon, Dunk/Painter, Hammond, Lopez, LuaLua, Dobbie​

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
But he will still pick Barnes over Dobbie....so the performance will be the f***ing same.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Has everybody gone mad Hammond must start after having had his best game for us since he came back. Did nobody notice that after he went off we didn't n win 1 ball in or around the centre circle Leeds won everything. Still people are not happy , it really beats me what people watch at The Amex because it certainly isn't the football that we play..

El Turi

Injured
Aug 13, 2005
Argentina
I'd go:

Kuszcazk

Bruno
Dunk
Greer
Bridge

Hammond
Crofts

Buckley
Orlandi
Dobbie

CMS

Subs:

Angerkren
Calderon
Lopez
Lua Lua
Barnes
Adjestein
Dicker

Buckley's Mad Eye

Oct 27, 2012
It'll be interesting to see how we do without Bridcutt, he's been a virtual ever-present since he came here. I don't think we should play CMS as a lone striker at home, we need at least two strikers on the pitch.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I wonder what the chances of Calde sneaking into the middle ahead of Dunk.

Who will P/boro be attacking us with?

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
We'll be without Bridcutt and possibly El-Abd. I'd go:

Kuczszak, Bruno, Dunk, Greer, Bridge, Buckley, Crofts, Hammond, Orlandi, Barnes, CMS

4-4-2 two wingers.

He won't play 442

That is obvious

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Kuszczak
Bruno
Greer
ElAbd
Bridge
Hammond
Crofts
Buckley
Orlandi
Barnes
CMS

Ward1971

Oct 24, 2012
Why do the majority on here slate Dobbie ? Every time he gets his pathetic amount of time on the field he is full of confidence takes players on he has great quick feet ! GP has to drop his Love Child and give Dobbie a decent run with CMS upfront starting Tuesday . If he doesn't its mid table for us

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Why do the majority on here slate Dobbie ? Every time he gets his pathetic amount of time on the field he is full of confidence takes players on he has great quick feet ! GP has to drop his Love Child and give Dobbie a decent run with CMS upfront starting Tuesday . If he doesn't its mid table for us

Dobbie looks terrible to me. Has shown quick feet once per game but also makes bad decisions and looks un interested. I think he will come good though as is clearly capable from his history. Just taking longer than we all would like

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
But he will still pick Barnes over Dobbie....so the performance will be the f***ing same.

You're talking as if yesterday's performance wasn't good. If you genuinely think that, I suggest you return to planet earth.

Ward1971

Oct 24, 2012
Dobbie looks terrible to me. Has shown quick feet once per game but also makes bad decisions and looks un interested. I think he will come good though as is clearly capable from his history. Just taking longer than we all would like

Is it no wonder its taking time !! 10 minutes a week ..........

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here