Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

This will get you talking

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Well I'm 50 and for me the Palace rivalry is relatively 'new'. Before 1975 we used to see Bournemouth as our 'local' rivals - and perhaps to a lesser extent Fulham. Palace didn't register.

Indeed I can remember being at at midweek Palace v Brighton game in about 1974/75 (can't remember the year) when Brighton won 1-0. When we scored you could have heard a pin drop.

SJ's Love Monkey

Ambrose-ia
Feb 8, 2005
Just chuckling at Charlton
Well I'm 50 and for me the Palace rivalry is relatively 'new'. Before 1975 we used to see Bournemouth as our 'local' rivals - and perhaps to a lesser extent Fulham. Palace didn't register.

Indeed I can remember being at at midweek Palace v Brighton game in about 1974/75 (can't remember the year) when Brighton won 1-0. When we scored you could have heard a pin drop.

Some things never change eh? :lolol:

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Some things never change eh? :lolol:
Oh at least at Withdean you get a smattering of applause similar to scoring a four at cricket; that night it was silent. Looking back I realise it was my first ever 'away' game, but as I'd been to Selhurst Park before and I'd gone with my Palace-supporting Dad I'd never really counted it before.

My own take on the Brighton/Palace rivalry is we're now back to where we were before the Mullery/Venables era. Historically Palace have always been a bigger team than us: usually in a higher divison with a bigger ground and better support. There was that one era where we were pretty equal, but sadly the natural order is now restored.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home

I think that was the one where Barry Butlin, on loan to us from Forest scored after about 2 minutes, I went with my dad and brother and we missed the goal as we couldn't find parking that night.

supaseagull

Feb 19, 2004
The United Kingdom of Mile Oak
I'm just shocked that you lot have got your own message board, but that you still keep posting on here...Do you have a secret envy of us and ACTUALLY wish you were a Seagulls fan

Croydonbloke

Palace in Sussex
Sep 1, 2004
West Sussex
I'm just shocked that you lot have got your own message board, but that you still keep posting on here...Do you have a secret envy of us and ACTUALLY wish you were a Seagulls fan
It is good to go from one board to another give it a try and stop being boring and hiding in the safety of your on site. As this thread is about our rivalry it makes sense for us to be here.

My first away match was at the scum, we were behind one of the goals. It erupted when we scored, but of course the filth were sitting on their hands. They should lear to applaud when they get taught a proper lesson - and ESPECIALLY when they were in the presence of Mr Ward

Croydonbloke

Palace in Sussex
Sep 1, 2004
West Sussex
its your BIG game of the season or did you get a letter from the old bill??
Its a bigger game for Charlton playing the mighty Palace of course. Yeah I got warned to stay away. It will sound good on 94.9fm do you get that up in Shirley?

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Its a bigger game for Charlton playing the mighty Palace of course. Yeah I got warned to stay away. It will sound good on 94.9fm do you get that up in Shirley?

Can I offer a tip ?
If you're going to use the word "GENIOUS" (sic) in your signature, then I suggest you at least learn how to spell it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here