Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

This ref is an absolute ****

narly101

Feb 16, 2009
London
I was there last night - Block L. Not only was the ref one of the worst cnuts I have ever seen, the north stand lino was an utter tard as well.

They didn't cost us the game tho - tactics let us down - where the f*** was our right mid for most of the game??!?!? and so did dire defending and poor goalkeeping, oh and our attack was pretty shambolic as well. The only shining lights again were Bennett and Dicker. Forster unfortunately is beginning to show his age.

If we continue to play like that for the season then we will be playing League 2 next year.

I'll still support them, but it makes it bloody painful.

Fourteenth Eye

Face for Radio
Jul 9, 2004
Brighton
The ref was a complete & utter buffoon. The goal we had disallowed was for a foul on the keeper BY A CHARLTON PLAYER !!!

The game is supposed to be 90 minutes long. There is no way that 90 mins was played last night with all his faffing around.

We were not there to watch the f***ing ref !!

i wish that one day the match sponsors in a game like last nights would give the man of the match award to the ref !! :rant:

tricky

Jul 7, 2003
Reigate
totally agree that the ref was a 'mare. Has anyone else mentioned the bizarre freekick he gave to the albion when one of our midfielders hacked into a charlton player.
I was in c block and the handball looked a sure penalty from that angle.
Think the team played pretty well to be honest and we could've won that game on a different day.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
The thing that really pissed me off was the amount of time he wasted every time he gave a foul explaining the decision to the players. Just get the f*** on with it were not there to watch the fecking REF :angry::angry::angry::angry:

This.

He took at least a full minute over every booking, and some other tellings off, then only added 4 minutes at the end. Poor.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
The Elphick booking was bizarre.

Lino initially flagged for a foul (wrongly IMO) by Bennett. Ref gave a free-kick, then Elphick came in and clattered the Charlton player. It was a silly follow-up from Elphick, but it was the amount of time the ref took PLUS the consultation with the lino before finally booking him.

Drama queen.

FamilyGuy

Jul 8, 2003
Crawley

The BBC were less-than-complementary about him after the match too!
They accused him of being indecisive and refering almost every decision to his linesmen. :annoyed:

Curious Orange

Punxsatawney Phil
Jul 5, 2003
On NSC for over two decades...
The Elphick booking was bizarre.

Lino initially flagged for a foul (wrongly IMO) by Bennett. Ref gave a free-kick, then Elphick came in and clattered the Charlton player. It was a silly follow-up from Elphick, but it was the amount of time the ref took PLUS the consultation with the lino before finally booking him.

Drama queen.

You seem to be suffering from the same myopia as the ref, it was Alan Navarro who clattered the Charlton player after the free kick was given.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Fair enough on the booking, but it was still a very dubious, soft free kick to have given in the first place

From where I was sat the defender clearly prevented the cross by use of his hands. That is handball and if in the area, a penalty. If a penalty had been given against us for the same thing, I would not have complained.

Maybe, maybe not, but just because any other ref does the same still doesn't make it right does it. The 'keeper was not fouled so he shouldn't have blown his whistle, ergo the goal should have stood.

Gavin Ward was an incompetent fuckwit tonight. End of story.

From what I saw, it looked the Brighton player jumped but wasn't even looking at the ball and the whistle clearly went before the ball went in the net. 99 times out of a 100 they are giving as free kicks. It's like Elphick when he goes up for corners etc. he can't help himself from pushing the defenders blatantly and any chance we have of scoring goes when the ref gives a foul.

You seem to be suffering from the same myopia as the ref, it was Alan Navarro who clattered the Charlton player after the free kick was given.

You need to go to specsavers. Navaro didn't clatter the player, he was holding his shirt trying to keep up. Elphick came across and took the player out. It could have been a foul given against either Navaro or Elphick and either decision would have been right.

Nobody seems to have mentioned the head butt in the first couple of minutes aimed at El Abd. I am assuming there was no contact but it was definitely a sending off offence. That would have made it 11 v 10 for about 87 minutes. We might have had a chance then!!!

Curious Orange

Punxsatawney Phil
Jul 5, 2003
On NSC for over two decades...
You need to go to specsavers. Navaro didn't clatter the player, he was holding his shirt trying to keep up. Elphick came across and took the player out. It could have been a foul given against either Navaro or Elphick and either decision would have been right.

Actually, you are right it was Navarro that gave away the free kick.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Shocking display from the ref took ages to make the simplest decision missed alot of handballs, just generally seemed to have no idea what he was doing. All started in the first minute, still have no idea what El-Abd and the Charlton bloke were booked for

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England

Navarro was the player involved in the actual awarded foul(shirt pull), but a second after the ref blew the whistle elphick came in and knocked the fouled player over.

Elphick was then booked despite him nto commuting the foul which had stopped play.

So elphick was involved but should not have been booked for the foul which was by navarro.

Spiros

Jul 9, 2003
Too far from the sun
In which case I am suffering from the same myopia. Navarro was running back with their player and pulling him bac k - IMO the ref (tho he was hopeless) was actually right to give the free kick. Just after the whistle went Elphick came in with a bit of a tackle and seems as though he was booked for that?

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
In which case I am suffering from the same myopia. Navarro was running back with their player and pulling him bac k - IMO the ref (tho he was hopeless) was actually right to give the free kick. Just after the whistle went Elphick came in with a bit of a tackle and seems as though he was booked for that?

That's how I saw it, and it was a bit of a reckless lunge from Elphick.

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
Well I make it 2-0 to Albion if the ref had been even half way competent tonight.

Wrong decision 1: Awarding the very dubious free kick that led to Charltons first goal - compounded by booking the wrong Albion player (I am led to believe)

Wrong decision 2: Missed the blatant handball by a charlton player in the build up to their second

Wrong decision 3: Denying Albion an obvious penalty 2 minutes into the second half

Wrong decision 4: Disallowing Albions goal for a push on their 'keeper.

f***ing ludicrous. The FA want fans and players to respect referees? Well all the time they employ wankers like Ward they can go f*** themselves.

I was going to write up something similar. I agree 100%

The fact that he continually lectured players also wound me up!

The Oldman

I like the Hat
NSC Patron
Jul 12, 2003
In the shadow of Seaford Head
Shocking display from the ref took ages to make the simplest decision missed alot of handballs, just generally seemed to have no idea what he was doing. All started in the first minute, still have no idea what El-Abd and the Charlton bloke were booked for

Chap in front of me said their no 11 threw a punch at El Abd because El Abd had headbutted him....allegedly

Personally did not see incident just the mess afterwards with the southstand lino mincing his way across the pitch to talk to the boy wonder ref..

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
Navarro was the player involved in the actual awarded foul(shirt pull), but a second after the ref blew the whistle elphick came in and knocked the fouled player over.

Elphick was then booked despite him nto commuting the foul which had stopped play.

So elphick was involved but should not have been booked for the foul which was by navarro.

What was clear from that incident was that neither the ref nor the linesman where sure who had done what.

I saw Navarro pull the guy back, but didn;t notice Elphick do anything wrong. The ref hesitated, then referred to the lino, who was no help at all, then the ref seemed to think, "oh well, if I'll book Elphick anyway"

PS. My apologies to anyone in the vicinity of D block, S91 who was offended tonight by my rather loud and "colourful" language towards the ref. I kinda lost it.

No worries. I didn't hear a word of it in row L, possibly because I was doing the same or similar myself!

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
No worries. I didn't hear a word of it in row L, possibly because I was doing the same or similar myself!

I actually almost lost my voice doing the same.

To the bloke behind me in F block who continually bashes the 4th Official, WHY ? It's not like he can do anything!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here