Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

this is what naylor has just said about nsc

So.CalGull

Sep 28, 2010
Orange County. California.
So you get paid for uncovering breaking news about The Albion that we already know, whereas we get paid nothing. Its nothing personal but you are by admission a Stoke fan. What we want is the modern day equivalent of John Vinnicombe, a man who wore his heart on his sleeve when it came to anything Albion. Its not personal by any means but I never sense any passion about our club in your reports.

Please remove your head from up your arse.

Stop and look at the times we live in. You can get sued for the smallest misrepresentation in any modern business. The big difference between a poster on here letting slip some inside information, and a person whose job it is, could not be more different, how many times has a poster been contacted by the "person in the rumour" to cease and desist with their claims.

All media businesses have to tred a very fine line about what they can and can not say. I can guarantee you that all media know a lot more about what is going on, than what they can print, speak or post.

It is called "on the record" or "off the record" FFS what is so hard to understand. Naylor can not by law, reveal everything he knows without putting himself in legal danger, where as anyone with a hint of inside information on here can let it all out without any consequences.

Take a step back, look at some major news items that have occurred in the last 20 years, think about what we know and what we do not know, how quickly things get dropped out of the news spotlight, as a media outlet you have to build relationships with each and every business to be able to get the news you need, if Naylor revealed anything that would but the papers relationship in trouble with the club. No relationship = no news.

f***, being a reporter is like having to deal with a touchy girlfriend for 24 hours a day, knowing that what ever you say could land you in trouble.

Internet forums V profesional media outlets = Not comparable.
Chalk and Cheese.

Whitterz

Mmmmm? Marvellous
Aug 9, 2008
Eastbourne
It would be a fair point, if only he didnt work for a paper that contains mostly drivel.

Jimbo.GRFC

Banned
Apr 2, 2010
Please remove your head from up your arse.

Stop and look at the times we live in. You can get sued for the smallest misrepresentation in any modern business. The big difference between a poster on here letting slip some inside information, and a person whose job it is, could not be more different, how many times has a poster been contacted by the "person in the rumour" to cease and desist with their claims.

All media businesses have to tred a very fine line about what they can and can not say. I can guarantee you that all media know a lot more about what is going on, than what they can print, speak or post.

It is called "on the record" or "off the record" FFS what is so hard to understand. Naylor can not by law, reveal everything he knows without putting himself in legal danger, where as anyone with a hint of inside information on here can let it all out without any consequences.

Take a step back, look at some major news items that have occurred in the last 20 years, think about what we know and what we do not know, how quickly things get dropped out of the news spotlight, as a media outlet you have to build relationships with each and every business to be able to get the news you need, if Naylor revealed anything that would but the papers relationship in trouble with the club. No relationship = no news.

f***, being a reporter is like having to deal with a touchy girlfriend for 24 hours a day, knowing that what ever you say could land you in trouble.

Internet forums V profesional media outlets = Not comparable.
Chalk and Cheese.

Are you for real mate !! Guessing you are a local paper journo. Evening Andy

Last edited:

Sep 1, 2010
I have to agree with So.CalGull on this occasion. Like i said on page 2, one is a newspaper and the other is an internet forum, two completely different animals

So.CalGull

Sep 28, 2010
Orange County. California.
Again, the spotting the bleeding obvious is not your strong point.

I live over 5,000 miles away on the west coast of California (mods can verify my ip), I am not a journo, never have been, just worked at Southern Publishing since the 80's and have a lot more of an idea about how the media system works than you do.

There is a ton of jobs and industries that I know nothing about, therefore I do not comment on them.

You came on here spouting about things that were going to happen with signings etc. They did not happen and you were proved to be full of it.

If you know nothing about something, do not comment on it. If you do not like reading the paper, do not read it. It is quite simple really.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Put your coat and hat on, find and investigate your stories..Its your job !!

Very difficult when as they rapidly relocate to Southampton but if you mention anything about it on the Argus web site they sulk, close down the comments function and delete all the comments. Nothing like free speech is there Andy ??? And there is the difference between the Argus and here. Here has a load of shite posted sometimes but at least, within legal reason, there is free speech. The Argus love to criticise other organisations when they make people redundant etc but are complete control freaks when it comes to people ( potentially their customers ) having a go at them - one of the reasons I NEVER buy it !!!!!

hitony

Administrator
Jul 13, 2005
South Wales (im not welsh !!)
Again, the spotting the bleeding obvious is not your strong point.

I live over 5,000 miles away on the west coast of California (mods can verify my ip), I am not a journo, never have been, just worked at Southern Publishing since the 80's and have a lot more of an idea about how the media system works than you do.

There is a ton of jobs and industries that I know nothing about, therefore I do not comment on them.

You came on here spouting about things that were going to happen with signings etc. They did not happen and you were proved to be full of it.

If you know nothing about something, do not comment on it. If you do not like reading the paper, do not read it. It is quite simple really.

Yep...he lives just of St James Street in Brighton...........(is that what you wanted me to say? I got the £50 via paypal...cheers)

I WAS JOKING!!!!!!!!!! before El Pres does what he wants to do to me!!! :lolol:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Exactly. This site's great so long as you ignore the football threads!
I loved yesterday, today also.
In with all of the usual bollox is :- Elephants - how old?

Quality NSC, NEVER split the board.

Lord Bamber

Legendary Chairman
Feb 23, 2009
Heaven
I have to agree with So.CalGull on this occasion. Like i said on page 2, one is a newspaper and the other is an internet forum, two completely different animals

One a honey badger and one an orca maybe?

Jim Van Winkle

Jul 14, 2010
Hawaii
The Argus is such a bad newspaper. It's full of spelling mistakes and grammatical errors! It reminds me of a newspaper you'd put together in a group at secondary school in a year 8 English lesson.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here