Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

this is what naylor has just said about nsc

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
in this case Mr Naylor is spot on , saying that, why has the argus not yet reported our imminent capture of Brooklyn Beckam

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
The thing is though - he's right. The amount of shit rumours this site produces would swamp a sewage farm and people bite at almost anything thus encouraging the wind-up merchants to keep posting more and more of it. We've been liked with dozens of forwards from Michael Owen downwards, and Gus is linked with every managerial vacancy.

The Argus may indeed get the odd story from here, but I know if I read it in the Argus there's a good chance of it being true. If I see something on here I know that, the odd lucky guess notwithstanding, 99.999% of the time it will be complete bollocks.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
You could quite easily switch NSC for Argus in that setence.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
And don't forget an argus reporter contacted me about running a story on my dad's treatment at Worthing Hospital after reading it on......... NSC!!

Needless to say I told him where he could stick it!

Obviously NSC has a lot of shit on it, but so does the argus. How many times did they print that the stadium was opening in 2010!!

Most signings are announced on here long before they're on the argus website. In fact pretty much 95% of Albion related news is posted on here before it's on the Argus website.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
You do wonder sometimes what planet people are on when you see some of the names mentioned and people claiming to be 'in the know'.

Entirely correct.

if you want authentic info, I think The Argus is your best bet. :lolol::lolol:

Utter bollocks.

Typical Naylor really, a liberal mix of truth and shit.

seagull_special

Jun 9, 2008
Abu Dhabi
when was the last time The Argus broke a story/ signing - I think that Naylor is like a mongrel begging at the table hoping for a titbit from the club/official website or maybe NSC!!!! although as mentioned almost all rumours on nsc are pure bul****

HP Seagull

Danny Cullip: Hero
Sep 26, 2008
Naylor is spot on.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
We've been rumbled. Time to close the whole shooting match down and reconvene on the Argus site.

Cheers chaps and chapesses - it's been a blast.

Fef

Rock God.
Feb 21, 2009
I must admit that I come here to be entertained and to the Argus to be informed.

Jimbo.GRFC

Banned
Apr 2, 2010
and here was his reply..........."Not slagging it off beach hut if you read what I wrote. Just putting things into context. Are you really that naive to think we get our info from it? Do you not think we have our own sources? And that occasionally the two will collide?" Tuesday January 11, 2011 1:57

So you get paid for uncovering breaking news about The Albion that we already know, whereas we get paid nothing. Its nothing personal but you are by admission a Stoke fan. What we want is the modern day equivalent of John Vinnicombe, a man who wore his heart on his sleeve when it came to anything Albion. Its not personal by any means but I never sense any passion about our club in your reports.

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
I must admit that I come here to be entertained and to the Argus to be informed.
Exactly. This site's great so long as you ignore the football threads!

Jimbo.GRFC

Banned
Apr 2, 2010
And don't forget an argus reporter contacted me about running a story on my dad's treatment at Worthing Hospital after reading it on......... NSC!!

Obviously NSC has a lot of shit on it, but so does the argus. How many times did they print that the stadium was opening in 2010!!

Most signings are announced on here long before they're on the argus website. In fact pretty much 95% of Albion related news is posted on here before it's on the Argus website.

Giraffe, you have highlighted the laziness of the journalism at The Argus at the moment. A friend had recently had a tragic accident, reported in the paper. If you look at these stories, they always end with leave your tributes etc, if you leave a number or email address the so called reporters then contact you for a story. Put your coat and hat on, find and investigate your stories..Its your job !!

portlock seagull

Jul 28, 2003
Why so many people hate our local paper because it features BHA daily is beyond me. If you don't want to hear anything about the Albion then buy a national! Naylors a quAlity journo and people should have more respect for his excellent coverage along with Brian Owen

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Giraffe, you have highlighted the laziness of the journalism at The Argus at the moment. A friend had recently had a tragic accident, reported in the paper. If you look at these stories, they always end with leave your tributes etc, if you leave a number or email address the so called reporters then contact you for a story. Put your coat and hat on, find and investigate your stories..Its your job !!

Kind of understand where you are coming from but the world really has moved on since we were young :)

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Why so many people hate our local paper because it features BHA daily is beyond me. If you don't want to hear anything about the Albion then buy a national! Naylors a quAlity journo and people should have more respect for his excellent coverage along with Brian Owen

Don't know about the quality but certainly in the "not too bad" category and we are indeed fortunate with the amount of coverage available.
On-line it is often disappointingly similar (as in word-for-word) to the albion's official site but on the rare occassions I get to see hard copy I must say there is more content and it is better balanced and more informative than it was in JV's day (not that I was a fan of his tbh)

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

regarding your post about your father's treatment I was reading a piece last week about the disconnect between NHS budgets and local care...and how big cuts to elderly care centres have allegedly caused a rapid increase in hospital bed-blocking over the past year.....which inturn impacts on other areas within the hospital. The information comes from a recent survey of hospital doctors so it's not the most scientifically rigourous....more anecdotal evidence.

I wish your father well.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here