Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

this is what naylor has just said about nsc

hitony

Administrator
Jul 13, 2005
South Wales (im not welsh !!)
Yep...he lives just of St James Street in Brighton...........(is that what you wanted me to say? I got the £50 via paypal...cheers)

...you told me that you would and could last longer than a minute, I trusted you...i need a refund of at least 49 pounds please...

The main reason I have not replied to this until now, is......i have been out spending a £50 windfall i had :lolol:

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
The Argus is such a bad newspaper. It's full of spelling mistakes and grammatical errors! It reminds me of a newspaper you'd put together in a group at secondary school in a year 8 English lesson.

Well, that's because they got rid of all the subs in Brighton and run a slimmed-down operation in Southampton, with subs who think the town is spelled Brighten and North Street runs north to south.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Naylor is alright, I guess. I do feel he has a job that any number of people could do. His musings and writings are not groundbreaking. There isn't much investigative journalism to be had for a provincial team with a stable future. To claim he gets all his info from NSC is spurious. It wasn't that long ago that he was ridiculed, on here, for suggesting we were interested in Arismendi. He just seems a bit beige. Not really groundbreaking journalism, is it?

You'd think there might be enough interest/funds to produce a Brighton & Hove newspaper. Maybe one needs to be started. I'd happily ignore the Argus. They have gone downhill and I am disgusted with their moderation on their online stories, particularly sensitive subjects.

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
A lot of what you read on NSC is tosh. You do wonder sometimes what planet people are on when you see some of the names mentioned and people claiming to be 'in the know'. NSC has its place as good knockabout fun for fans but, if you want authentic info, I think The Argus is your best bet.
:lolol::lolol:

The Argus just prints story's from the seagulls website but about 3 hours later.

Naylor's questions are shocking, he doesn't answer any of the questions but suggests he isn't allowed to reveal that!

So.CalGull

Sep 28, 2010
Orange County. California.
The main reason I have not replied to this until now, is......i have been out spending a £50 windfall i had :lolol:

I thought that was you skipping past my house off St James St. holding a note aloft, on your way down to the prom, then turning left to, well I do not have any idea where you might be going in that direction....it did look like you were limping on your way back up though....

:bigwave: :lolol: :thumbsup:

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
back in the day The Argus used to be famous for its typos and general poor grammar

nowadays of course all newspapers are like that

I blame journalism degrees awarded from universities that didn't exist until sometime after my grandchildren were born

fill yer boots jimbo!

night all :)

Phoenix Arrow

Mitoma Enthusiast
Aug 18, 2009
Sverige
Basically every other football club has a board just like this which spouts rumours left and right which is used as a source for every local newspaper. I mean, it's pretty easy to see which rumours have something behind them and which are utter bullshit. I'm sure Argus do their own digging first though rather than just paste it on the back pages. But then again, I don't really read it so it's possible they don't.

Deanbha

Mar 27, 2008
Living in the real world.
Again, the spotting the bleeding obvious is not your strong point.

I live over 5,000 miles away on the west coast of California (mods can verify my ip), I am not a journo, never have been, just worked at Southern Publishing since the 80's and have a lot more of an idea about how the media system works than you do.

There is a ton of jobs and industries that I know nothing about, therefore I do not comment on them.

You came on here spouting about things that were going to happen with signings etc. They did not happen and you were proved to be full of it.

If you know nothing about something, do not comment on it. If you do not like reading the paper, do not read it. It is quite simple really.

Spot on!

Jim Van Winkle

Jul 14, 2010
Hawaii
I did not know this Gwylan. Still being journalists you'd think some researching skills and basic English would be paramount for them to work for a newspaper.
Also if you're going to outsource a local newspaper you could at least do it properly and print it from India, that way these mistakes would be excusable.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here