Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

This Is Englang '86 - C4 22:00 hrs

Oct 25, 2003
'Combo' played by Stephen Graham kicked 7 bales out of 'Milky' in the film. This is a different guy.

yeah but the mohawk bloke was his partner in crime, pretty sure the guy that had the heart attack was in combo's group aswell

maybe it'll be explained how milky and them became reaquainted

medicine man

Jan 22, 2004
by the sea
ah, ok, it's been a while since I saw the film. I guess Combo was memorable as he was just so nasty- shits me up just watching!

Oct 25, 2003
i read an interview with some of the cast t'other day and it said that LOL's character had just finished a GRUELING scene, so i'd put money on something a bit RAPEY with her and either combo or that shifty looking bloke with the beard (actually is that her dad?)

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
All a bit Coronation Street really wasn't it? Camp comedy and the lead character (name escapes me) with the dodgy wig is just too drippy to take seriously, in the same way I felt his character just wasn't credible as the 'leader' of a group of skins in the original film.

The storyline about Turgoose being driven to that girl's house by the Yamaha 50s was a bit of a filler, although it served the purpose of getting him to the hospital where the others were I guess.

magoo

Jul 8, 2003
United Kingdom
I must be missing something because i didn't think it was all that.

Yes it was slightly nostalgic but the story was nothing original or that interesting.

I do find that balloon faced girl with the mouth so small she can't talk properly quite alluring for some reason.

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
As a nostalgiafest it was ok - but we've seen all that before.

As a bit of social commentary it made Crossroads look rapier sharp.

As a diverting hours TV - just about.

Disappointed.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
I didn't give it long enough, got bored after half an hour. May give it another chance later.

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
I enjoyed it. The first part I felt was setting the scene, reintroducing the characters and remember that some people may not have seen the film too. I have heard it all kicks off by the end of part two and especially in the last two episodes.

les dynam

Oct 10, 2008
Hove
enjoyed it. anything involving shane meadows is a cut above. nicely shot and paced.

D

Deleted User X18H

It was a bit disappointing there are another three hours to go though. I am sure the actor who plays Combo lives around Preston Village way.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I enjoyed it. Just needed a bit of Bananarama to set the scene a little.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
They had a non Housemartin version of 'Happy Hour' for some reason.

It was certainly Happy Hour during that wheelchair race Tim, the missus and I could hardly contain ourselves wondering who was going to win. My money was on Gadget until his bad start put him out of contention.

Tubby Mondays

Dec 8, 2005
A Crack House
They said no adds at the start of the program

They meant there were no ad breaks between the end of the previous programme and the begining of this one. Those of us who were watching properly rather than giving a half baked review and commentary over the internet were able to grasp this, and the rest of the storyline.

Basil Fawlty

Don't Mention The War
I enjoyed it, but I think it will get better Combo arrives on the scene. I honestly think something serious will happen to Lol, maybe raped or even murdered?! The wheelchair race was funny, and I can see a massive fight between the bikers and the skins in part four.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here