Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

This Holroyd chap....

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Maybe he just don't want to come here...
He might want to wait till the end of the season and then see where his future lies, rather than jumping at the first team who offer him a deal and who are far from secure about which division they will be in next season

pork pie

Dec 27, 2008
Pork pie land.
Whatever is going on, it must be sorted out immediately. Because this is becoming a farce, give him two more days to make his mind up and if he doesn't want to come here. Then look other transfer targets, because this is a farce.

If he is given two more days, we will only have Monday to rush through a transfer. That would worry me!

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Classic BensGrandad. It's got it all, from z-list ex Albion name dropping to the story so clearly full of bullshit. You seriously want us to believe Walker was earning more with non league Woking than he did at Premiership chasing Albion?

Stick to telling us stories of how you told Pat Saward to sign Roy Keane/Dean Saunders/f***ing PELE and how he ignored you.

:lolol:

If you are going to attempt to take the piss at least try to get your facts right.

I have had no dealings with Pat Saward whatsoever, my dealings were firstly with Alan Mullery and Ken Craggs then others followed. What I have said about Clive Walker is 100% true as told to me by him so I must believe him. Obviously he earnt more before he joined us when he was with Chelsea etc.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
I know someone who works at the Club Offices in North Road, he does alot of filing and whatnot for them and is bascially there for copying and tea making duties! Well, occaisonally, he gives some good information about what is going on. He told me about Johnny Dixon being released last season, for example. And he told me earlier on that he'd overheard mr Perry saying that the stumbling block was a "get out clause" that Holroyd wants... apparently he wants a specific transfer fee written into his contract so that if that figure is offered for him, we can't stop him leaving. Allegedly, we've offered him a higher figure than he/his advisors want. It could be a load of codswallop, but that's what it is apparently.

He (my source!) went on to say that we had similar difficulties with Elliott Bennett in the summer, and that's why the deal was done after the start of the season.

If it's true that he's risking his chance of league football for a minimum fee release clause, then that's just stupid. ??? There must be more to it, you wouldn't jeopardise this opportunity for something so irrelevant, surely?

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
edited in case NE decides to protect his source like a sensible person would.

Last edited:

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
I'm sure the club office has a lot of people filing, copying and making cups of tea. There's no way people will work out he's spreading inside information and cause him trouble...

???
Ok. Just sharing what I've been told, I think it's a bit of an interesting development. If true, I'm amazed anyone would risk a move for the sake of a release fee.

ewe2

Mar 14, 2008
Hailsham area
My advice to Holroyd and his agent,is that if he does sign ,that he explains away why the delay.......it helps being a fans favorite than a figure of hate.Perceived greed is not a good start.

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
shoudnt be to harsh on the lad,if he thinks he is worth more than what we as a club are offering him personaly thats up to him to decide,if no other club comes in for him he may regret his choice but thats his choice to make.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here