Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

This Holroyd chap....

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
shoudnt be to harsh on the lad,if he thinks he is worth more than what we as a club are offering him personaly thats up to him to decide,if no other club comes in for him he may regret his choice but thats his choice to make.

If Ninja's source is right, it's not that he doesn't value himself as much as we do, it's that he wants to know there's an easy out if he proves successful and can move up "on the cheap"

Uncle C

Jul 6, 2004
Bishops Stortford
I wonder if this is a normal clause to be put in a contract nowadays.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
quite common, especially for young players with potential to move up - driven by the agent not the player more often than not. Big fees to be had on each transfer. Much better than players staying in one place and only generating a nominal income for the agent

Uncle C

Jul 6, 2004
Bishops Stortford
quite common, especially for young players with potential to move up - driven by the agent not the player more often than not. Big fees to be had on each transfer. Much better than players staying in one place and only generating a nominal income for the agent

Agents, dont you just love em.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
I think the point is that he wants a figure which means it wouldn't take too much for a club to sign him off us... I think the point is that we want to atleast make decent money should we decide to sell the chap for the agreed fee. Same with Bennett, I haven't a clue how much his is set for and it doesn't really matter anyway, but you would hope it is north of £500,000. Atleast, I would hope so.

As for editing my post... why would I? My friend also posts on here, and was going to post it tonight anyway, but I did instead. It's all hearsay though, it might be a duff tip (Ole Gunnar Solskjaer :lolol: ), but it might not and I thought it worthy of being mentioned.

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
I think the point is that he wants a figure which means it wouldn't take too much for a club to sign him off us... I think the point is that we want to atleast make decent money should we decide to sell the chap for the agreed fee. Same with Bennett, I haven't a clue how much his is set for and it doesn't really matter anyway, but you would hope it is north of £500,000. Atleast, I would hope so.

As for editing my post... why would I? My friend also posts on here, and was going to post it tonight anyway, but I did instead. It's all hearsay though, it might be a duff tip (Ole Gunnar Solskjaer :lolol: ), but it might not and I thought it worthy of being mentioned.
I'm not convinced by your mates rumour it.It's more likely he wants a relegation clause where he can leave on a free or for a small sum? That seems more feesible then what you are suggesting as it's not really a gamble.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
the concern is that you told Insider (and anyone else from the club who might come on here) that a reasonably easily identifiable member of the club staff is divulging club (and employee) personal details - not necessarily a good idea if he ever wants to do more than make tea! Too late now though :shrug:

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
I'm not convinced by your mates rumour it.It's more likely he wants a relegation clause where he can leave on a free or for a small sum? That seems more feesible then what you are suggesting as it's not really a gamble.

That's a possibility, it's a fair point to request one but there wouldn't be too much arguing about that would it? Considering we're NOT going down. :thumbsup:

the concern is that you told Insider (and anyone else from the club who might come on here) that a reasonably easily identifiable member of the club staff is divulging club (and employee) personal details - not necessarily a good idea if he ever wants to do more than make tea! Too late now though :shrug:

Just so that I'm clear, and you are too, the person concerned doesn't care that it's on here, but you do? With respect, it has nothing to do with you in the slightest. I take your point, but it's really unimportant because I've not posted anything without his expressed permission.

I know someone who works at the Club Offices in North Road, he does alot of filing and whatnot for them and is bascially there for copying and tea making duties! Well, occaisonally, he gives some good information about what is going on. He told me about Johnny Dixon being released last season, for example. And he told me earlier on that he'd overheard mr Perry saying that the stumbling block was a "get out clause" that Holroyd wants... apparently he wants a specific transfer fee written into his contract so that if that figure is offered for him, we can't stop him leaving. Allegedly, we've offered him a higher figure than he/his advisors want. It could be a load of codswallop, but that's what it is apparently.

He (my source!) went on to say that we had similar difficulties with Elliott Bennett in the summer, and that's why the deal was done after the start of the season.

If it's true that he's risking his chance of league football for a minimum fee release clause, then that's just stupid. ??? There must be more to it, you wouldn't jeopardise this opportunity for something so irrelevant, surely?

Why would Martin Perry be involved with this, isn't he up to his eyeballs with Falmer?

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
Long enough - sign up or shut up and get back to Cambridge - one or the other.

Pigeon

Jan 24, 2010
I think the most probably reason is that Cambridge have been paid too much for the transfer and Brighton have no money left to pay an adequate wage! And remember he went to Cambridge on a free so he could play regular football, so Cambridge got him cheap!

I also heard that there were at least 5 other clubs interested in deals at the end of season.

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
Albion's bid to sign Cambridge United striker Chris Holroyd is in storage.

There has been no contact between the Seagulls and the player since the weekend.

A fee has been agreed between the two clubs but Holroyd has not agreed personal terms.

The offer from Albion remains on the table but they are pursuing other targets

According to The Argus

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....

There has been no contact between the Seagulls and the player since the weekend.

A fee has been agreed between the two clubs but Holroyd has not agreed personal terms.

According to The Argus

Its obvious to anyone he does not want to come here, so lets move on......

If he was that good we would have paid the wages required so i dont belive wages are a stumbling block on our part unless we dont feel he is worth what he wants, therefore he aint worth the gamble. Fair play to whoever is doing the deal.............

Heres what we think your worth......

take it or leave it......

Lets not pay over the odds for another Dixon :shrug:

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009

According to The Argus

What bull shit, how can we not have had contact since the weekend? joke.

acrossthepond

Jan 30, 2006
Ruritania
So, if we don't sign him, this will go one of two ways:

1. He will vanish into obscurity and no-one will ever rememeber him or this thread.
2. He will be signed by a different league club and go on to be the next Jermaine Beckford, at which point NSC will go into outraged meltdown at BHA's muppetude.

I can't wait :)

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Its obvious to anyone he does not want to come here, so lets move on......

If he was that good we would have paid the wages required so i dont belive wages are a stumbling block on our part unless we dont feel he is worth what he wants, therefore he aint worth the gamble. Fair play to whoever is doing the deal.............

Heres what we think your worth......

take it or leave it......

Lets not pay over the odds for another Dixon :shrug:
Quite.

Or to put it another way given the facts available about his ability and how negotiations have transpired:

giveafuckometer.gif

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
So, if we don't sign him, this will go one of two ways:

1. He will vanish into obscurity and no-one will ever rememeber him or this thread.
2. He will be signed by a different league club and go on to be the next Jermaine Beckford, at which point NSC will go into outraged meltdown at BHA's muppetude.

I can't wait :)

I vote that it will be 2

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here