Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

This could kick off!!!

• Thread starter Deleted User X18H
  • Start date

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
Same sex partners have been proven to be superb parents to children awaiting adoption,cant see a problem,yes the child may get teased ect at school but in this day and age this sort of thing is more tolerated by society in general. If it gives a kid the chance of a better life then why not. Yet again religion rules the waves

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Such a great mother, she has room to f***ing talk.

Starry

Captain Of The Crew
Oct 10, 2004
i don't understand why that would kick off? a mother wants her child raised/placed in a home in accordance to their beliefs.

i sort of agree with what taybha says but we have been approved as foster parents and things from religion (we are active and practising in our faith) to vegetarianism to vaccinations came up and if my kids had to be placed away from their family home i would want them (so far as is possible) to be raised in line with their/our beliefs. of course, once our parental rights are terminated it is different.

i don't really see the issue.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
This is a tricky issue.

If, say, a child's parents died and the only living relative was a gay uncle in a civil partnership AND the child wanted to live with the uncle and his partner then I wouldn't have a problem with that. Family considerations should be considered first.

I guess it comes down to the availability of suitable heterosexual couples to foster.

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
I don't see a problem with that.

The goal of finding a child suitable foster parents should be to match them up as best possible in regards to their needs.

So in this case perhaps gay foster parents aren't as good a match.

For another child it might not be any problem at all.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Such a great mother, she has room to f***ing talk.

She had a nervous breakdown and became unable to care for the child. What's wrong with that? Pretty sad I'd say.

I'm with Starry - I don't see what the issue is as the mother simply wants her child to be brought up in an environment consistent with their faith.

Two years ago friends of ours, a gay male couple, adopted a 5 year old lad. He was diagnosed as severely autistic and had suffered 3 years of horrific abuse at the hands of his birth parents and the following 2 years at various foster carers who tried their best with a little boy with a ton of problems.
When he arrived with our friends he was virtualy unable to walk having been kept in a push chair by his various carers as a means of controlling his hyperactivity, he couldn't speak, would self harm, hardly eat, wouldn't make eye contact and avoided any physical contact and was obviously severely distressed.

In the past couple of weeks he has been attending the local primary school for one day a week and in September he starts full time. He now talks, walks, runs ,climbs, loves water fights, has my dog over for sleep overs, makes cakes and is a very affectionate cuddly little boy He has a long way to go before he catches up with other 7 year olds but the difference in him is just amazing.
He has now had the autistic diagnosis lifted and the majority of his problems have been put down to the trauma of his early life.
I have nothing but the utmost respect for our friends, for their patience, their sacrifice and for the amazing effect they have had on the life of a very unhappy little boy.

Anyone want to tell me this is wrong ?

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
I don't see a problem with that.

The goal of finding a child suitable foster parents should be to match them up as best possible in regards to their needs.

So in this case perhaps gay foster parents aren't as good a match.

For another child it might not be any problem at all.

But if that mother relinquished her rights to that child by putting him up for adoption ( a dreadfully sad state of affairs), why should the council be obliged to respect her wishes when they are blatently homophobic.

Woudl she object if both parents were Jewish,or muslim,or black,or chinese, or scottish,or northern,or from the wrong part of Brighton,or from the wrong side of a street in Brighton, or from next door?

Who is she to say that these two would not make fantastic parents?

It is her who gave up the right to bring up that child!

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I think that British society still has some growing-up to do re the gay issue. The whole split of the church re gay priests isn't helping matters, and politicians will do anything to avoid controversy, therefore a lack of serious debate.

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
Two years ago friends of ours, a gay male couple, adopted a 5 year old lad. He was diagnosed as severely autistic and had suffered 3 years of horrific abuse at the hands of his birth parents and the following 2 years at various foster carers who tried their best with a little boy with a ton of problems.
When he arrived with our friends he was virtualy unable to walk having been kept in a push chair by his various carers as a means of controlling his hyperactivity, he couldn't speak, would self harm, hardly eat, wouldn't make eye contact and avoided any physical contact and was obviously severely distressed.

In the past couple of weeks he has been attending the local primary school for one day a week and in September he starts full time. He now talks, walks, runs ,climbs, loves water fights, has my dog over for sleep overs, makes cakes and is a very affectionate cuddly little boy He has a long way to go before he catches up with other 7 year olds but the difference in him is just amazing.
He has now had the autistic diagnosis lifted and the majority of his problems have been put down to the trauma of his early life.
I have nothing but the utmost respect for our friends, for their patience, their sacrifice and for the amazing effect they have had on the life of a very unhappy little boy.

if there was a lack of decent heterosexual couples then , no , it wouldnt be ,however heterosexual couples are being turned down for the flimsiest transgressions against social workers PC agenda.before anyone asks , yes i do know two couples who have been turned down .

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton

Yes me,

How the f*** do you diagnose a child as autistic and then lift it!

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
She had a nervous breakdown and became unable to care for the child. What's wrong with that? Pretty sad I'd say.

I'm with Starry - I don't see what the issue is as the mother simply wants her child to be brought up in an environment consistent with their faith.

I refer to Granny W answer....

But I just cant get the expression "beggars can't be choosers" out of my head.

Jan 30, 2008
Same sex partners have been proven to be superb parents to children awaiting adoption,cant see a problem,yes the child may get teased ect at school but in this day and age this sort of thing is more tolerated by society in general. If it gives a kid the chance of a better life then why not. Yet again religion rules the waves
proven ? if the child is under 5 they wouldn't know any difference about who was caring for them after that its a complete no no , can't work out why gays want to have children in a non reproductive relationship :nono:

Juan Albion

Chicken Sniffer 3rd Class
Nothing wrong with this. There is nothing to say the child is being given up for adoption. The mother is obviously trying to maintain a continuing relationship with the child with, I assume, the intention of getting the child back as soon as she is well enough to care for him/her. It makes perfect sense that every effort should be made to ensure any temporary foster home makes the transition back as smooth as possible.

If the child were being put up for adoption it would be different.

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
Yes me,

How the f*** do you diagnose a child as autistic and then lift it!

My lad has yearly reviews to determine the progress or deterioration of his Autism,i would assume that the lad in question had the same sort of structure and after a while in the company of people who actually gave a shit about him and encouraged him in different areas the review board altered the statement.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here