Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

This club is a JOKE

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Marshy said:
i wouldnt mind betting our wage budget is still on one of the smallest in Div 1.

I'll take that bet...

We've got some great youngsters coming through so why are we STILL clinging onto the Micky Adams team? It's time for fresh blood. I want McGhee to prove us wrong and bring in some great new players, money or not Adams showed us it can be done :nono:

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Yeah, but Adams didn't bring in just kids. He brought in seasoned professionals (Chippy, Oatway, Jones, Watson, Cullip etc) AND kids (Zamora, Brooker).

Unless I am wrong, (and I can't think of anyone off-hand), releasing the five 'seniors' would have meant the oldest squad player would have been 23.

DJ Leon

Aug 30, 2003
Hassocks
Kinky Gerbils said:
A Brighton fan calling a Spurs fan fickle, tell me out of the two who sells out most games even when crap?

Tell me - which one plays in the top flight, has a large playing budget, international players, a great stadium etc?

Purleeeaaase. As if there's any comparison whatsoever. But if you want to continue making the comparison, please do. It breeds a satisfying contempt for Premiership fans amongst us lower league minions. :)

Dandyman

In London village.
Re: Re: Re: Re: This club is a JOKE

DJ Leon said:
Any chance you could go back to supporting them?

I already do, home and away all season without the need to promote myself as an Uberfan or call other supporters disloyal for having different opinions to myself.

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
NSC Patron
Jan 7, 2006
The Large One said:
Unless I am wrong, (and I can't think of anyone off-hand), releasing the five 'seniors' would have meant the oldest squad player would have been 23.

Paul Reid is 27 I think so he would of been the oldest.

DJ Leon

Aug 30, 2003
Hassocks
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: This club is a JOKE

Dandyman said:
I already do, home and away all season without the need to promote myself as an Uberfan or call other supporters disloyal for having different opinions to myself.

Read my original post, there is a difference between valid criticism and stupid sniping. Is the club a joke? Or have they just made some contract decisions that you disagree with? I just want some perspective, we are meant to be 'supporters'.

I love the 'no need to promote myself as an uberfan' argument though, beloved as it is of the Spurs contingent. Ironic that you should follow it up with a statement designed to prove yourself as an uberfan. Go figure.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: This club is a JOKE

DJ Leon said:
Read my original post, there is a difference between valid criticism and stupid sniping. Is the club a joke? Or have they just made some contract decisions that you disagree with? I just want some perspective, we are meant to be 'supporters'.

I love the 'no need to promote myself as an uberfan' argument though, beloved as it is of the Spurs contingent. Ironic that you should follow it up with a statement designed to prove yourself as an uberfan. Go figure.

Dear god you do bite at anything.....

DJ Leon

Aug 30, 2003
Hassocks
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: This club is a JOKE

Kinky Gerbils said:
Dear god you do bite at anything.....

Wrong. My ire is mainly directed towards Spurs fans spouting ridiculous opinions on the Albion. It's a niche market.

Otherwise, I'm cool like the Fonz. :smokin:

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: This club is a JOKE

DJ Leon said:
Wrong. My ire is mainly directed towards Spurs fans spouting ridiculous opinions on the Albion. It's a niche market.

And where on this thread did I say "The club has become a joke"

Dandyman

In London village.
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: This club is a JOKE

DJ Leon said:

Not aware that Richie was a Spurs fan, if that is who you are referring to.

Kinky has never called the Albion a joke as far as I am aware.

Any gripes that I have, which are rarely expressed here, are more about the issues of club/fan communication and the tendency at times to expect us to nod our heads approvingly and not ask any difficult questions. I think most Albions supporters, particularly those that remember the Archole era, would have a similar perspective.

Richard Whiteley

Sep 24, 2003
Richie Morris said:
And not a very funny one at that.

We leave the Championship without so much as a whimper and our quick fix to get back up is to offer deals to some players who were directly at fault for that.

The team lacked leadership on the pitch after Oatway left and numerous members of the team were anonymous in important games.

Butters and Carpenter spring to mind...

Result? Give them new deals to 'help the youngsters on'

Mayo hardly features, has had 10 good years out of the Albion and never commands a starting place. Lets chuck another year at home shall we?

Nicolas...talented, good YOUNG prospect. No lets not even BOTHER offering him a deal.

Going to be shame when our good young players get approached by other clubs and understandably leave for better things and we are stuck with an AWFUL team.

I blame McGhee AND Knight...

you are such an attention seeking sycophantic prick.

still, you'll make a good 'journalist'

Last edited:

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Re: Re: This club is a JOKE

Richard Whiteley said:
you are such an attention seeking sycophantic prick.

still, you'll make a good 'journalist'

You have to admire his talent for making two times two equal ten, okay you don't but The Sun would.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
I have just had this horrendous premonition where Kev the ape grows up to be Richie and 1066 grows up to be Kinky :eek:

obviously, when i say grows up ..............................

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here