Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

This club is a JOKE

Barnet Seagull said:
I hadn't realised Richie's source was the Argus. If you believe what you read, fair enough.

Maybe I wasn't clear. I do not belive everything in the Argus. I have more faith in your source to be honest.

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Deportivo Seagull said:
Trouble is that Richie tends to talk bollocks (as has been pointed out on a number of occasions), so when he does say something sensible people ignore it because he starts the debate witha a statement that the 'clubs a joke'. Not the brightest thing for a journo is it?
Precisely.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
The club had to make decisions on who to offer new contracts to and they are always going to be in a catch 22 situation. Overall they have made the right moves. I wonder if Nicolas had already told MM and DK that he wanted out of the club which would explain why he wasn't offered a deal. He probably thinks he can get something better from a Championship or European club. Trolley might well be a good target man in League 1 but the falling out with MM meant he had to go. Doddsy and McPhee must have known long ago they wouldn't be offered anything. Paying off the Argies contract is a wise move as he can now play footy in Italy (Serie D). I also think it wont be too long before FDM is on his way as that will clear out the top wage earners. The retained players deserve an extra year when you consider the team will need a blend of youth and experience. You need a veteran in the back four to take command , a couple of utility players and a couple of mature midfielders one of whom is a hard man (in the style of Nobby Horton.) To put the icing on the cake it would be nice to sign GNW but if not 2 or 3 players to take us back up as champions of League 1.

DJ Leon

Aug 30, 2003
Hassocks
Richie Morris said:
And not a very funny one at that.

We leave the Championship without so much as a whimper and our quick fix to get back up is to offer deals to some players who were directly at fault for that.

The team lacked leadership on the pitch after Oatway left and numerous members of the team were anonymous in important games.

Butters and Carpenter spring to mind...

Result? Give them new deals to 'help the youngsters on'

Mayo hardly features, has had 10 good years out of the Albion and never commands a starting place. Lets chuck another year at home shall we?

Nicolas...talented, good YOUNG prospect. No lets not even BOTHER offering him a deal.

Going to be shame when our good young players get approached by other clubs and understandably leave for better things and we are stuck with an AWFUL team.

I blame McGhee AND Knight...

Now personally, I know nothing about the recent contract negotiations (other than their conclusions), very little about the dressing room or the experience, expertise and influence of the players involved. I also know nothing about the transfer strategy - financial and tactical - for the new season and the seasons after that. All in all, I know as much as you do Richie. So why have you come up with such a boneheaded post, based on...absolutely nothing?

I sometimes wonder if some of the people posting here actually support this club. Criticism is one thing - for example, I too think we should held on to Nicolas and undoubtedly the Turienzo stuff covered no-one in glory and has cost us dearly - but is the club a 'JOKE'? No, it's not. If you think it is, then why not just f*** off and support someone else? Or in the case of the Spurs contingent, why not just f*** off?

Dandyman

In London village.
Re: Re: This club is a JOKE

DJ Leon said:
Or in the case of the Spurs contingent, why not just f*** off?

Because some of us were supporting the Albion when you were in your nappies?

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Race said:
If YOU say so. Hey I'll tell you what, when you see him at The Who concert next month introduce yourself and TELL him where hes going wrong and how do his job properly :thumbsup:

Race - you don't have to defend Guy... he had another excellent season, and I think most fans recognise this... I for one am delighted he has another year... the younger player's need his experience and I am sure he will make a great personal contribution to the 1st team once again...

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Dandyman said:
Tend to agree with most of that. My understanding is that Turienzo was touted to the club by Liam Brady and that everybody at the club (not just Magoo) took his judgement at face value.

And that makes it all OK then?...

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Re: Re: This club is a JOKE

DJ Leon said:
Now personally, I know nothing about the recent contract negotiations (other than their conclusions), very little about the dressing room or the experience, expertise and influence of the players involved. I also know nothing about the transfer strategy - financial and tactical - for the new season and the seasons after that. All in all, I know as much as you do Richie. So why have you come up with such a boneheaded post, based on...absolutely nothing?

I sometimes wonder if some of the people posting here actually support this club. Criticism is one thing - for example, I too think we should held on to Nicolas and undoubtedly the Turienzo stuff covered no-one in glory and has cost us dearly - but is the club a 'JOKE'? No, it's not. If you think it is, then why not just f*** off and support someone else? Or in the case of the Spurs contingent, why not just f*** off?

Meow, our money not good enough for the albion now?

Dandyman

In London village.
B.W. said:
And that makes it all OK then?...

No, but it means it was probably not just down to Magoo.

Basil Fawlty

Don't Mention The War
Getting rid of Nicholas is a joke, Nicholas was really never given a chance by Magoo but only in the last two games off the season he was, didn't magoo realise that are midfield was terrible. and he never got round to changing it.

Keeping Chippy is f***ing ridicicolous, he is too slow, can't pass, gives away procession to easily.

If we don't see new players coming in the next two months, then I'm going to fear the worst and say we might get relegated.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
The Large One said:
Yeah, but we've already got fickle fans. We could do without the Kings of Fickledom coming in REALLY getting like... fickle.

A Brighton fan calling a Spurs fan fickle, tell me out of the two who sells out most games even when crap?

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Dandyman said:
No, but it means it was probably not just down to Magoo.

Of course... not all down to MM... DK and the board will sanction all transfers... but he is the manager, so has to take responsibility, IMHO...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here