Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

This club is a JOKE

TonyW

Feb 11, 2004
Richie Morris said:
And not a very funny one at that.

We leave the Championship without so much as a whimper and our quick fix to get back up is to offer deals to some players who were directly at fault for that.

The team lacked leadership on the pitch after Oatway left and numerous members of the team were anonymous in important games.

Butters and Carpenter spring to mind...

Result? Give them new deals to 'help the youngsters on'

Mayo hardly features, has had 10 good years out of the Albion and never commands a starting place. Lets chuck another year at home shall we?

Nicolas...talented, good YOUNG prospect. No lets not even BOTHER offering him a deal.

Going to be shame when our good young players get approached by other clubs and understandably leave for better things and we are stuck with an AWFUL team.

I blame McGhee AND Knight...
I agree with every word.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
trueblue said:
Stumpy Tim said:
And all he gets is a stream of abuse - including from a player's wife, which is out of line.

FFS... this place cracks me up. How self-important are some fans that they think an experienced pro like Butters would really want to beat them up just because they've criticised him? Whyw oudl he give a toss?

I don't know Guy, but he's hardly got anything to prove any more. Not to anyone in the game, at least, judging by his record... and I reckon he'd give their opinions a bit more weight than NSC.

Wise words. :clap: :clap: :clap:

Barnet Seagull

Luxury Player
Jul 14, 2003
Falmer, soon...
Stumpy Tim said:
Jeez - my initial point was that Richie's points were valid, and that no one had come back with anything back except abuse. I shouldn't have picked out one person, and I apologise for that. But I haven't insulted anyone. Of course people disagree with me so I get abuse. Pretty much the norm for NSC

But they weren't valid.

Nicolas was offered a deal. He chose not to take it.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
the first page of this thread was quite good, but once Timmy got his handbag out from the boot of his girlie BMW it all went a bit pearshaped :rolleyes:

Oh, I think the club is a bit of a joke at the moment, but I'm sure theres a reason, and I have a gut feeling its not a very nice one either :nono:

TonyW

Feb 11, 2004
Richie Morris said:
I don't care about my credibility with anyone on here which is probably just as well...

This club does not market itself properly, it won't fill the new seats next season just like it did not this season.

On the pitch it is a joke and is letting talented players slip away because of a stubborn manager who does not have a clue and would rather operate a 'jobs for the boys' system...all the players we have given new deals to have been here for FIVE years at least...trading on past glories.

All that's true too.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

I believe in Joe Hendry
Oct 4, 2003
Stumpy Tim said:
Jeez - my initial point was that Richie's points were valid, and that no one had come back with anything back except abuse. I shouldn't have picked out one person, and I apologise for that. But I haven't insulted anyone. Of course people disagree with me so I get abuse. Pretty much the norm for NSC

If NSC and the level of abuse you get bothers you so much i recommend you click here

ditchy

a man with a sound track record as a source of qua
Jul 8, 2003
brighton
Stumpy Tim said:

i dont think anyone is abusing you Tim just putting their point of view across as are you

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
bhaexpress said:
Richie, try valium. Your habit of starting threads that are clearly inflammatory doesn't do your credibility any good.
He never had any in the first place.

I notice he still hasn't taken up my suggestion about a writing carefully-crafted point of reason saying why (in this instance) Nicolas should stay, at least not until he was prompted to.

Disagreeing with Nicolas' imminent departure (which, as it happens, is something I do) and call the club 'a f***ing joke' are two separate things, and to do so represents the mind of someone who has not particularly matured in the ways of reasoned debate. Therefore, I will once again ignore him.

TonyW

Feb 11, 2004
Re: Re: This club is a JOKE

3gulls said:
That about sums-up my feelings as well. My only hope is that we can bring in some real talent for next year. But, i wont be holding my breath! :nono:
If MM were to bring in any talent he would almost certainly play them out of position, blame them for not trying hard enough and disrupting team spirit, then drop them for a few months, before giving them away to a close rival on a free. The guy's a moron!!

Barnet Seagull

Luxury Player
Jul 14, 2003
Falmer, soon...
Stumpy Tim said:
According to the Argus he wasn't offered a deal. That's all we have to go on... And Richie made a lot of points, not just about Nocholas, Guy, or any one player

According to his Dad, he was - one of them isn't telling the truth.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
The Large One said:
He never had any in the first place.

I notice he still hasn't taken up my suggestion about a writing carefully-crafted point of reason saying why (in this instance) Nicolas should stay, at least not until he was prompted to.

Disagreeing with Nicolas' imminent departure (which, as it happens, is something I do) and call the club 'a f***ing joke' are two separate things, and to do so represents the mind of someone who has not particularly matured in the ways of reasoned debate. Therefore, I will once again ignore him.

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

ditchy

Jul 8, 2003
brighton
Barnet Seagull said:
But they weren't valid.

Nicolas was offered a deal. He chose not to take it.

Is that the case Barnet .. i wasnt sure but thought that might be the case .. but reading Ritchies journo i got it wrong !

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
ditchy said:
Is that the case Barnet .. i wasnt sure but thought that might be the case .. but reading Ritchies journo i got it wrong !

I suspect the truth will emerge in a fanzine.

Deportivo Seagull

I should coco
Jul 22, 2003
Mid Sussex
Stumpy Tim said:

Trouble is that Richie tends to talk bollocks (as has been pointed out on a number of occasions), so when he does say something sensible people ignore it because he starts the debate witha a statement that the 'clubs a joke'. Not the brightest thing for a journo is it?

ditchy

Jul 8, 2003
brighton
I would love to see the club offer him an improved deal then .. hope its just a case of money !

Barnet Seagull

Luxury Player
Jul 14, 2003
Falmer, soon...
Lokki 7 said:
:lolol:

The smart money is with Richie "scoop" Morris on this one.

I hadn't realised Richie's source was the Argus. If you believe what you read, fair enough.

I wouldn't be surprised if Alex either wanted some guarantee of first team football OR he thought he'd take his chances elsewhere. As no agreement was reached, he was released.

Not quite as cut and dry as it might have seemed, I'd have thought.

But to say that no attempt was made to retain him isn't how I'd interpret things.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here