Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

This club is a JOKE

Hiney

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Penrose, Cornwall
Herne Hill Seagull said:
As this thread so ably demonstrates, the merits of individual players and their deserving of a contract or not, is entirely down to opinion. Personally I do think Nicolas would have been worth a year to show what he could do, and possibly Carpenter's tank has run dry. Butters however, I can't see what he's done so badly to attract Richie's ire. I thought, again, he was one of the better performers in a woeful season. Get rid of him and we do have a pretty young set of centre halves - who is to say how much influence Butts has on them away from the 90mins a week we see?

I may not agree with all the decisions (the whole Turienzo thing has turned into a bit of an embarrassment) but it seems to me that some people are using this as an opportunity for yet another bit of management/board bashing, a sport they clearly enjoy. You said Richie, that the club is a joke. Well the club doesn't just comprise Knight and McGhee; what of Wilkins, the players you do like, the other backroom staff, the administrative staff, etc etc. Are they all a 'joke' too, simply because you don't like the list of retained players?

FFS keep a sense of perspective. Let's at least wait and see who they bring in, before we start the slagging off for season '06/'07 shall we? Or can some people just not wait that long for another outpouring of bile?

Well said that man.

:bowdown: :bowdown:

Stinky Kat

Tripping
Oct 27, 2004
Catsfield
Its a sad fact of life for supporters of Brighton and Hove Albion that the Falmer thing is going to dictate the playing budget until we finally move in.

Rightly or wrongly I think McGhee and Knight have taken on players who accept their wage structure and perhaps wage cuts.

I would have like Nicholas to stay instead of chippy but I bet Chippy is cheaper.

Tank is there to teach Hinch, Lynch etc

Harty is a utility player

Dodd was Kitson in disguise without the goals (all 3 of them was it)

McPhee - god loves a tryer

Trolley - never looked comfotable on a football pitch to me, more of a bouncer

Mayo - utility again

Turienzo - that was a farce and any more of those Mcghee and you should walk

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Richie Morris said:
Butters is too slow, does not even win his headers anymore and was covered for most of the season by McShane.

Our defence were under an extraordinary amount of pressure, due to a weakened midfield, and lack of targetman.

I would happily wager that Butters won over 80% of his headers. You are beginning to make things up Richie. I guess journalism is the right path to take.

Dandyman

In London village.
Stinky Kat said:
Its a sad fact of life for supporters of Brighton and Hove Albion that the Falmer thing is going to dictate the playing budget until we finally move in.

Rightly or wrongly I think McGhee and Knight have taken on players who accept their wage structure and perhaps wage cuts.

I would have like Nicholas to stay instead of chippy but I bet Chippy is cheaper.

Tank is there to teach Hinch, Lynch etc

Harty is a utility player

Dodd was Kitson in disguise without the goals (all 3 of them was it)

McPhee - god loves a tryer

Trolley - never looked comfotable on a football pitch to me, more of a bouncer

Mayo - utility again

Turienzo - that was a farce and any more of those Mcghee and you should walk

Tend to agree with most of that. My understanding is that Turienzo was touted to the club by Liam Brady and that everybody at the club (not just Magoo) took his judgement at face value.

Stumpy Tim

This thread highlights what is wrong with NSC this season. Richie states his opinion, which he's entitled to whether you agree or not. And all he gets is a stream of abuse - including from a player's wife, which is out of line. Like it or not Race, some people don't believe Butters should get a contract. Football is a game of opinions & they should be allowed to post them on a Fans Forum like NSC. The idea is that people put their opinion back in a sensible manner. But no, we get a load of Anti-Richie bollocks.

Personally I think the club got most of this right. People talk of Adam's having a clear-out, but seem to forget that we were SHIT back then. Adams brought in a load of players who had got promoted before - Oatway, Chippy, Brooker, Cullip etc. So why would we now get rid of players who have been promoted out of League 1 before (some of them have done it twice!). Doesn't make sense to me

ditchy

a man with a sound track record as a source of qua
Jul 8, 2003
brighton
I think its more to do with the way he goes about his opinion .. as you quite rightly say everybody is entitled to their opinion

Race

The Tank Rules!
Aug 28, 2004
Hampshire
Stumpy Tim said:
And all he gets is a stream of abuse - including from a player's wife, which is out of line. Like it or not Race, some people don't believe Butters should get a contract.

Abuse from me? Are you having a laugh? It's a bit of tongue in cheek banter, oh whatever :rolleyes:

Herne Hill Seagull

Jul 10, 2003
Galicia
It was the way Richie expressed his opinion which bothered me Stumpy, not the fact that he has one. Even the slightest self-moderation would have lent his argument more weight, but instead he calls the whole club a joke.

Anti-McGhee/anti-Knight bollocks is OK, but anti-Richie bollocks isn't then? Where exactly do you draw the line?

Race

The Tank Rules!
Aug 28, 2004
Hampshire
Stumpy Tim said:
Having a players wife suggest Tank would beat him up if Richie introduced himself is not on. Sorry, that's my opinion.

WHAT? WHERE HAVE I POSTED THAT?

ditchy

a man with a sound track record as a source of qua
Jul 8, 2003
brighton
think that is tongue in cheek ! as alot of nsc posters would know

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Stumpy Tim said:
Having a players wife suggest Tank would beat him up if Richie introduced himself is not on. Sorry, that's my opinion.

Blimey Timothy, calm down, it was clearly tongue in cheek !

Race

The Tank Rules!
Aug 28, 2004
Hampshire
BarrelofFun said:
At the Who concert. You obviously said that Guy is gunning for him. :jester:

Please re-read what I posted!

Stumpy Tim

bhaexpress said:
Blimey Timothy, calm down, it was clearly tongue in cheek !

I'm not sitting behind my keyboard going red & angry! I'm just saying that I think Race has a responsibility not to get involved in discussions about her husband.... I personally think it harms debate on NSC

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here