Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Third Investec Ashes Test, England v Australia, Old Trafford 1-5 Aug 2013

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Hotspot is sh*t basically.

It needs scraping as it's only working in certain situations.

Snicko suggesting he did hit it as does the audio. Given out on field though and technology suggests that wasn't incorrect. So the decision stands, but DRS is just bollocks.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
Erm no. He does have no control. It's just that he got away with a few and then settled in to make a big score. Hope he can emulate that today.
If I was so wrong 'again', how is it that you got banned (again) and I didn't?

Oh look, driving with no control.

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
From dominating the last test to praying for rain!
When will we have a solid opening pair?

Bold Seagull

Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Actually I think I might be overreacting to the wicket.

Basically, it would appear DRS has correctly assisted the on field umpire decision.

Still, it felt like a rant was warranted!!!

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Everyone expected England to wobble today. It's understandable - the Aussies are coming at us hard, and the Ashes are there to be retained. People should stop bleating and relish the contest - this is what REAL Ashes cricket is all about.

We just need a partnership to see off the new ball and stick around for 25 overs or so.

Bold Seagull

Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Why not delay lunch!?!?

Cricket is so bloody stupid.

We started 30mins late, it's clear and sunny, why not delay lunch by 30mins!?

They're going to end up having lunch in the sun, then they'll get rain shortly after. Senseless.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
Lunch on day 5.

England 35-3 (20 overs)

Root 13*(57 balls) Bell 2*(11 balls)

All four results are still possible.

Australia need 7 wickets, England need 297 runs, with a minimum of 78 overs remaining.

Bold Seagull

Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Everyone expected England to wobble today. It's understandable - the Aussies are coming at us hard, and the Ashes are there to be retained. People should stop bleating and relish the contest - this is what REAL Ashes cricket is all about.

We just need a partnership to see off the new ball and stick around for 25 overs or so.

How can anyone with any passion for their side in the biggest series of all watch 3 wickets go down and not be throwing things about the room!?

I don't watch cricket to sit around with my flask and cake watching my team start to collapse and not feel emotional about it.

That said your point about relishing the contest is very true. I am loving and hating it in equal measure!!

Bold Seagull

Mar 18, 2010
Hove
I think Shane Warne is right in what he says about England going out there with a negative mindset, focused entirely on the draw. It's allowed Australia to effectively control every aspect of the match and do exactly what they want. We're giving them nothing to think about. I think we're now praying for rain, as it's going to take a huge effort by someone to bat through two sessions.

Well, KP came out positive to be fair, but I think England had already allowed Australia to get into a grove by then.

I've been hard on Cook in this match, but again this is highlighting his conservative nature and I don't like it in a captain. It's a brilliant attitude for an opening batsman, his record is brilliant, his batting generally exceptional, but as a captain the team needs to be more positive, more proactive and creative in the field, and in situations like this, from the first over you have to show the bowler that he could be going for runs today.

Instead, they are so on top now I can only see rain coming to our rescue today, and we shouldn't be losing test matches at home to this mob.

Colossal Squid

Returning video tapes
Feb 11, 2010
Under the sea
are we ever going to get a captains innings from cook?!

Given his exploits during the last series I think he still has plenty of credit in the bank. What's more I think he is a very good captain. Tends to make the right decisions, level headed, leads by example. Although his decision to review his dismissal this morning was an odd one by the sounds of things.

What's his average so far this series? Can't be above 20

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
Why not delay lunch!?!?

Cricket is so bloody stupid.

We started 30mins late, it's clear and sunny, why not delay lunch by 30mins!?

They're going to end up having lunch in the sun, then they'll get rain shortly after. Senseless.

Because test cricket relies on the sponsors and corporate guests

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here