Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Things which have been lost from football.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Anyone remember when they introduced the keeper backpass rule, and Gary LINE-acre [(c) Mick Channon] moaned on and on about what a stupid rule it was.

Well no Gary, it wasn't. It was an excellent rule and now that keepers have adjusted to it, there isn't a sane person on Earth who would go back to things as they were, when keepers and centra halves could just pass the ball back and forth to each other - a tactic that saw Scotland eliminated at Uruguay's expense in the World Cup, 1982.

And what exactly was there not to like about that?

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Sportsnight with Coleman, he had the ability to give away the result just in his mannerisms!

Players such as Leon Knight would have got a kicking from the clubs own captain!

Checking the programme constantly to see what teams were at the score checker i.e. A, B, C, D etc going along the side of the pitch ... technology!!

Cheeseburgers that seemed as big as your head!

Tim

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Back to the original question:

My Dad.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Does anyone remember the number tabs on your socks, wasn't it Leeds that started this?

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Sir Bobby Robson ... RIP

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
Sorry, which bit is bollocks?

The fact you got 7,300 for Southampton in the Premiership in 1991, the fact that you didn't get 8,000 for a single game until Christmas in your last promotion season, or the fact that every one of your fans talks like he's a true blue from the year dot?
yes that bit is bollocks, our average gate in 1991 was 21,002, you are printing bollocks because you're a twot who realises he's backed a wrong'un in picking brighton to be the "footie" club hes decided to tell everyone hes supported all his life , you hate chelsea because its the "done thing" that provides good cover in your guise as "real footie fan" , you havennt got a football bone in your body, the fact you use the term " real fans like me " only serves to confirm that , as for the bangladeshi nappy story , it happened , probably still does , its what you get when you import illiterate people from third world countries and attempt to shoehorn them into a western lifestyle they have no understanding of , you'd know that if you'd ever experienced it , but you havent , you wont, its why you live in reigate not tower hamlets.

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
I think I've already seen coloured bleedin' boots mentioned (sake!), but whatever became of the classic Adidas & Puma stripes? The former sportswear behemoth seem obsessed with sticking the three stripes on the boot anywhere except in the correct place/way; & the latter decided to junk an entire stripe for some unfathomable reason. What the feck's that all about??

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
yes that bit is bollocks, our average gate in 1991 was 21,002
I got the year wrong. Now go back and check 1993, Southampton at home. I'm telling you it was 7,300 that season. And I'll tell you what, there is no f***ing WAY you average 21,000 in 1993. It was just over 12,000.

you are printing bollocks because you're a twot who realises he's backed a wrong'un in picking brighton to be the "footie" club hes decided to tell everyone hes supported all his life
Tell me where I ever called it "footie", FFS.

you hate chelsea because its the "done thing" that provides good cover in your guise as "real footie fan" , you havennt got a football bone in your body
Why, because you say so? I'm far more a football man than you'll ever be, Mr South London Chelsea fan. I mean, how f***ing Proper PLASTIC can you get? I've probably been to Stamford Bridge more times than you, let alone the Goldstone. And I'd completely OWN you on most football facts.

as for the bangladeshi nappy story , it happened , probably still does , its what you get when you import illiterate people from third world countries and attempt to shoehorn them into a western lifestyle they have no understanding of , you'd know that if you'd ever experienced it , but you havent , you wont, its why you live in reigate not tower hamlets.
Course it does. All the time. The white man's warrior speaks (fresh from Haywards Heath or some middle class South London suburb) :thumbsup:

come on simster , thought a "proper" fan like you would have known that ?
Erm yes, but how was it relevant to ANYTHING I said?

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
you are doing incredibly well on this thread, that is true.
I appear to have got the year wrong on one of my figures. :rolleyes:

Anyway I'm bored now, you team up with your master. Perhaps go to Chelski with him, one day in their shiny new stadium, yeah?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here