Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Things which have been lost from football.

warsaw

She's lost control
Jan 28, 2008
Leather footballs:eek:! They fuckin' hurt and worse when wet when it was like kickin a medicine ball.

The Spanish

Aug 12, 2008
P
applies in all walks of life now, take work for example, things that used to get you a good old fashioned bollocking now get you the sack. sad times we live in

true but the law and order assault on football fans in the last 20 years is almost unique in the level of successive governments and police forces vindictive assault on a culture/attempt to stamp out antisocial behaviour, delete as appropriate.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Back on topic, I'll nominate: the collective memories of Chelsea "fans".

Nearly every single one of them you ever have the misfortune to meet will prattle on about how they've always supported them, how they hate the prawn sandwich munchers etc - despite the fact they were getting 7,000 on a regular basis throughout the 80s and early 90s.

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
Back on topic, I'll nominate: the collective memories of Chelsea "fans".

Nearly every single one of them you ever have the misfortune to meet will prattle on about how they've always supported them, how they hate the prawn sandwich munchers etc - despite the fact they were getting 7,000 on a regular basis throughout the 80s and early 90s.
total and UTTER bollocks , regular basis my arse,you wouldnt know a real football fan if he came up and stole your flask and bobble hat , you xxxxl replica shirt wearing tosser.

Safe.

Jun 8, 2008
Leather footballs:eek:! They fuckin' hurt and worse when wet when it was like kickin a medicine ball.

I've always wanted to welly one of them, to see if the rumours are true.

Last edited:

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
total and UTTER bollocks , regular basis my arse,you wouldnt know a real football fan if he came up and stole your flask and bobble hat , you xxxxl replica shirt wearing tosser.
Sorry, which bit is bollocks?

The fact you got 7,300 for Southampton in the Premiership in 1991, the fact that you didn't get 8,000 for a single game until Christmas in your last promotion season, or the fact that every one of your fans talks like he's a true blue from the year dot?

So it's alright for you to whitter on about middle class people from Reigate not being welcome at football these days (despite the fact they MIGHT have been STHs for 7 or 8 of their Albion supporting years) but I can't tell you a few HOME TRUTHS about your shit club, and views which are shared by quite a lot of PROPER football fans like me. If you don't like it, why not f*** off back to your Chelsea headhunters board where you can talk about how wonderful Chelsea have always been and throw in your silly stories about Bangladeshis throwing nappies? :thumbsup:

withdeanwombat

Feb 17, 2005
Somersetshire
The European cup being a straight knockout.

The ref having a little book and a pencil,without those ever proliferating red and yellow cards despite the demise of hard players (see above).

NO substitutes and the Wembley curse.

No more "keep it on the island" shouts.

Linesmen.

Second division Chelsea.

Home players only.

Peter Ward.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
the bit about when apparently the premier league started is the bollocks bit.
Well indeed - but then I don't recall saying the Premiership was a good thing.

So by inference that you've picked up on only that, I'm glad you agree with the rest of my post about Chelsea. Shitty little club, that. Well done fella, we agree on something. :clap:

Edit: I said 1991, I meant 1993.

Jamon Jamon

Mar 25, 2008
thinking how weird it looked if a player had number 20 on their back (i.e during the 1982 World cup or the Home Internationals in the early 80's)

The Spanish

Aug 12, 2008
P
Well indeed - but then I don't recall saying the Premiership was a good thing.

So by inference that you've picked up on only that, I'm glad you agree with the rest of my post about Chelsea. Shitty little club, that. Well done fella, we agree on something. :clap:

Edit: I said 1991, I meant 1993.

there was no need to question or debate the rest of the post when you had already fallen at the first fence.

The Spanish

Aug 12, 2008
P
thinking how weird it looked if a player had number 20 on their back (i.e during the 1982 World cup or the Home Internationals in the early 80's)

that was mental and SO cool back then. Remember Ozzie Ardiles playing for Agrgentina at no. 1?

Now its just f***ing annoying. Before we get onto 'retiring the short' or anything equally cringy.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Anyone remember when they introduced the keeper backpass rule, and Gary LINE-acre [(c) Mick Channon] moaned on and on about what a stupid rule it was.

Well no Gary, it wasn't. It was an excellent rule and now that keepers have adjusted to it, there isn't a sane person on Earth who would go back to things as they were, when keepers and centra halves could just pass the ball back and forth to each other - a tactic that saw Scotland eliminated at Uruguay's expense in the World Cup, 1982.

The Spanish

Aug 12, 2008
P
Anyone remember when they introduced the keeper backpass rule, and Gary LINE-acre [(c) Mick Channon] moaned on and on about what a stupid rule it was.

Well no Gary, it wasn't. It was an excellent rule and now that keepers have adjusted to it, there isn't a sane person on Earth who would go back to things as they were, when keepers and centra halves could just pass the ball back and forth to each other - a tactic that saw Scotland eliminated at Uruguay's expense in the World Cup, 1982.

are you sure it wasnt the 1981 world cup?

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
there was no need to question or debate the rest of the post when you had already fallen at the first fence.
You really don't need to be SCARED about disagreeing with bushy by being seen to agree with me that Chelsea are a shit club. Now don't be such a FANNY.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here