Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Things that you just can't get your head around

yep, nothing special about living with natural light from fire.......much better to use those chemical cocktail energy save bulbs.

sigh.

Yes but in my defence my PC is powered entirely by pedal power so I keep fit as I type, does yours?

...BTW this may not be entirely true.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
I must have been transported back into the 1970's - that is one hell of a post :facepalm:

Perhaps it was my wording. I find large groups of homesexual men to be quite annoying. I don't like the squeelers.

Dr NBC

Former Insider
Apr 29, 2013
Mid Sussex
CT's are basically people who cannot figure out how the world works and as it is a human need to find order in things (hence religion) they incorporate these bizarre theories to shield themselves from the fact that the world is out of their control and random events occur. It's a sign of physcological immaturity, luckily for them this means they usually grow out of it given time.

Well said.

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
The celebrity media's fixation with Kerry Catona. What is the point?

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
The celebrity media's fixation with Kerry Catona. What is the point?

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
The Kerry Catona thing is weird. They did the same with Jordan and that racist dullard from Big Brother whose name genuinely escapes me presently. They just hammer the press full of their bad luck stories and somehow, inexplicably, a percentage of the population gradually have sympathy and they become untouchable. Maybe they have extremely unscrupulous publicists with no regard tor theirs or their clients dignity?

Mutts Nuts

Oct 30, 2011
Correct - I'm ruddy TERRIFIED. :thumbsup:

Not half as terrified as the Catholic women in Ireland who would rather have 10 kids than suffer the wrath of the priests, and then burning in hell fire for all eternity for using contraception you`re not

Oct 25, 2003
Not half as terrified as the Catholic women in Ireland who would rather have 10 kids than suffer the wrath of the priests, and then burning in hell fire for all eternity for using contraception you`re not

priests.....not God. Contraception is one of many areas in which I absolutely despise the Catholic Church. It's made quite clear in the bible that sex is for more than simply producing babies and you certainly wouldn't go to hell for using contraception. I personally think that the Catholic Church is very confused when it comes to sin....often goes against the bible

seaford

Feb 8, 2007
People who read The Daily Mail - and believe their bile.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
The Catholic church must be one of the most evil organisations in the history of mankind, so many atrocities crried out in their Gods name

Reagulls

Jul 22, 2013
People who park their car in the end space, but 6ft from the end....or just pull into 2 spaces and leave the car in the middle:shrug:

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Conspiracy theorists

I understand conspiracy theories, what I struggle is why people who are into them seem to believe all of them.

Also why do they seem so smug about what they 'know'? If I 'knew that the world was ruled by alien puppeteers manipulating us all for their own gain I think I would do more than sit behind my computer perfecting the art of conveying smug condescension through the written word.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
I don't get why children get louder and more energetic the more tired they get.

This for me is the most compelling argument against intelligent design. if we were designed by a higher being then by god they were not that intelligent.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
I don't get why children get louder and more energetic the more tired they get.

This for me is the most compelling argument against intelligent design. if we were designed by a higher being then by god they were not that intelligent.

:lolol:

It's a mystery isn't it? My daughter will regularly dissolve into floods of tears while jumping and whirling like a Dervish and shouting "I AM NOT TIRED!". 30 seconds later she'll be out cold.

Talking of which no higher being would also have made it so hard for certain people to procreate versus others ostensibly more suitable. Who is it that made sex so attractive to 16 year old ginger tubbies in track suits who's entire sex education has been 5 minutes of Debbie Does Dallas and yet makes certain other British types cringe with embarrassment if they exchange eye contact?

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
Perhaps it was my wording. I find large groups of homesexual men to be quite annoying. I don't like the squeelers.

That's why you should always pop a ball-gag & a roll of gaffa tape in your handbag, Nibs. You KNOW it makes sense. :wink:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here