Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Things that have "No Place in Football"

SittingbourneSeagull

Dec 27, 2007
Sittingbourne
Music being played when the home team scores eg: Reading and Gillingham.
Also at Reading a recorded drum being played to drown out the away supporters.

The Spanish

Aug 12, 2008
P
The very first thing mentioned in this thread.

It's reminded me of another one though - stadiums in the arse-end of nowhere with poor public transport links.

hahahahaha I hear the cracking of thin ice on a certain village pond.

D

Deleted User X18H

This is a lovely discussion I'm having with Mellotron.

Skip over it if it's doing your head in.

You! Having an argument with someone in your robust, obstinate and usually ill judged way? Never! No wonder your Albion Bore thread has minimal views:nono:

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Music being played when the home team scores eg: Reading and Gillingham.
Also at Reading a recorded drum being played to drown out the away supporters.

having been to the Maj quite a few times with London Irish, the drummers are actually on a platform opposite side to the the players entrances. They do not as far as I cvan recall have a tape running.

Actually I dont mind music being played when a team scores...watching Burnley on saturday, it has the whole of the ground jumping around together.

personally anything that tries to create some sort of atmosphere( without children shouting obscenities and using the F and C word constantly as an example of "getting behind the team" ) is ok in my book

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
hahahahaha I hear the cracking of thin ice on a certain village pond.

Scarcely poor public transport links though - next to station and served by six buses an hour.

Compare that to Reading, Rushden or Northampton to name just three.

The Spanish

Aug 12, 2008
P
Scarcely poor public transport links though - next to station and served by six buses an hour.

Compare that to Reading, Rushden or Northampton to name just three.

I am only mucking about.

Colchester is the worst now.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
"if it's not a penalty, he should be booked for diving"

Especially when coming from the lips of someone who previously said a ref has to be 100% sure for penalties. So, if you're 99% sure it's a penalty you can't give it, but should book the player who you're only 1% sure dived?

Domsdad

brother of Patch
Sep 24, 2003
Its grim up north
Drums, trumpets, bands etc.
If you want to make a noise at the match (and there's something wrong if you don't) then open your mouth and shout or sing and clap your hands or stamp your feet.

burrish-gull

Mar 24, 2009
See what you've done there. Well done.

"Back when football was good" got the biggest laugh for me. Who are you trying to kid?

I think you're missing the point, yes it was'nt great at times and the conditions at foootball were poor but it had SOUL. I'm nearly fourty now and apart from my love of the Albion I've practically given up on football, I cancelled my Sky Sports subscription last week and feel liberated.

I'm sick and tired of the current crop of selfish, egotistical me,me me characters that infect the game I used to love, and that includes alot of the 'johnny come lately' supporter brigade that we'll have to endure when Falmer gets finished.

The memories of the Goldstone days are something that only those of us of a certain age can remember and treasure. Its pointless trying to explain it to sub 25 year olds who have been spoon fed a controlled and souless form of football since the premier league started. Its a real f***ing shame....

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Atilla's choice of music

:)
I'd rather have that than the shit you hear at every other ground.
In fact I'm not sure what the point of pre-match music is or why clubs think they have to play it so loud your teeth shatter. Keeps the atmosphere to a minimum I suppose. :glare:

Slough Seagull

Bye Bye Slough
Nov 23, 2006
I think you're missing the point, yes it was'nt great at times and the conditions at foootball were poor but it had SOUL. I'm nearly fourty now and apart from my love of the Albion I've practically given up on football, I cancelled my Sky Sports subscription last week and feel liberated.

I'm sick and tired of the current crop of selfish, egotistical me,me me characters that infect the game I used to love, and that includes alot of the 'johnny come lately' supporter brigade that we'll have to endure when Falmer gets finished.

The memories of the Goldstone days are something that only those of us of a certain age can remember and treasure. Its pointless trying to explain it to sub 25 year olds who have been spoon fed a controlled and souless form of football since the premier league started. Its a real f***ing shame....

:bowdown:

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern

Top post

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here