Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Things that annoy you that really shouldn't

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
Supermarket plastic bags. Not for an environmental reason but because i can never open them.

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah... a feloow sufferer... coem to Turkey,, the placcy bags here make the english ones look small fry... absolutely nothing works!

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
If she qualifies for the badge she should get it and use it, there is no argument there, the only gripe is the normal people who can't be bothered to walk a bit. It is a clamping offense here, should be everywhere.

I have MS too and would apply for one if I was back in the UK..... and there is every possibility that I would be stopped and cursed at because you wouldn't notice there's anythign wrong with me (these days, thank god) but if I have the sign displayed on my car I would HOPE that would stop people making the wrong assumptions.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
There's a woman I work with who, when being spoken to, INSISTS on nodding and trying to say the last word or couple of words of the persons sentence at the same time they are saying it. I don't know if this is some way she has to try to convey her complete understanding or agreement to what it is the other person is saying, but its intensely irritating.

"I'll have a look at that for you once I'm done with this report"
....................................................................................."report"

"Some idiot downstairs has sent this up without signature, I'll pop down there in a minute"
..........................................................................................................................."in a minute"

"If you don't stop mimicking the last words in my sentences, I'm going to twat you in the gob"
.................................................................................................................................."in the gob"

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
There's a woman I work with who, when being spoken to, INSISTS on trying to say the last word or couple of words of the persons sentence at the same time they are saying it. I don't know if this is some way she has to try to convey her complete understanding or agreement to what it is the other person is saying, but its intensely irritating.

"I'll have a look at that for you once I'm done with this report"
....................................................................................."report"

"Some idiot downstairs has sent this up without signature, I'll pop down there in a minute"
..........................................................................................................................."in a minute"

"If you don't stop mimicking the last words in my sentences, I'm going to twat you in the gob"
.................................................................................................................................."in the gob"

My daughter does that.... but she's three.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
If she qualifies for the badge she should get it and use it, there is no argument there, the only gripe is the normal people who can't be bothered to walk a bit. It is a clamping offense here, should be everywhere.

Oh, I agree, absolutely. But I also see her point. A pretty young mum, with a broad South London accent, who for the vast majority of the time looks 100% fit and healthy. See her pull up in a disabled spot, and you'd simply never believe she's genuine.

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
I have MS too and would apply for one if I was back in the UK..... and there is every possibility that I would be stopped and cursed at because you wouldn't notice there's anythign wrong with me (these days, thank god) but if I have the sign displayed on my car I would HOPE that would stop people making the wrong assumptions.

Er..Is'nt MS characterised by attacks and remission? why would you need to use the Disabled badge if you were not having an attack?

Don't mean to sound trite, it's a genuine question.

Dr Q

Jul 29, 2004
Cobbydale
the use by the media of "Gate" at the end of any scandel. arrghhh

Whitterz

Mmmmm? Marvellous
Aug 9, 2008
Eastbourne
American Accent

God it f***ing annoys the hell out of me.:rant:

Garage_Doors

Originally the Swankers
Jun 28, 2008
Brighton
People who do double-posts, and don't bother editing the 2nd one to acknowledge their errant post and eradicate it's duplicity.

Bugger did not know i had, i consider myself spanked and will do it now.:blush:

Aparently its gone passed 60 mins so i can't do it.:down:

The administrator has specified that you can only edit messages for 60 minutes after you have posted. This limit has expired, so you must contact the administrator to make alterations on your message.

Last edited:

Whitterz

Mmmmm? Marvellous
Aug 9, 2008
Eastbourne
Old people that CANT drive.

Drive 30mph or slower in a 40mph zone
Use thier breaks every two seconds, even if it means a car is about to pass them.
And not looking in thier f***ing mirrrors.
Stopping immediately after exiting a roundabout to allow the fellow cenile old cretting to cross the road whilst waiting in the middle of an island. Thus nearly causing a hold up or crash.

Get the bastards off the road.:rant:

The Oldman

I like the Hat
NSC Patron
Jul 12, 2003
In the shadow of Seaford Head
Passengers on the 12X Limited Stop service Brighton to Eastbourne who demand to get of at one of the unscheduled stops and then hurl abuse at the bus driver when he explains it's a limited stop service as it says on the front of the bus..

Mowgli

Sep 18, 2008
Brighton
People who walk around places like Asda or Tesco's doing their weekly shop at 1mph and are completely oblivious to everything and everyone around them and then randomly stop in the middle of the aisles and walk off leaving their trolley stupidly positioned so you cannot get past without ramming it out of the way. :rant:

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Passengers on the 12X Limited Stop service Brighton to Eastbourne who demand to get of at one of the unscheduled stops and then hurl abuse at the bus driver when he explains it's a limited stop service as it says on the front of the bus..

Had an incredibly rude Scottish gent on the 700 bus the other day who had a go at the driver due to the fact the bus was only going to Worthing, not Brighton.

The bus would've had WORTHING written across the front in big letters so how this was the drivers' fault, I don't know.

I made a big show of being very grateful to the driver when I got off, to show my appreciation of a service done well and because I felt sorry for him for the rubbish he had to put up with from the other twerp.

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
People who walk around places like Asda or Tesco's doing their weekly shop at 1mph and are completely oblivious to everything and everyone around them and then randomly stop in the middle of the aisles and walk off leaving their trolley stupidly positioned so you cannot get past without ramming it out of the way. :rant:

Another odd phenomena is (and I urge you to try this) if you have a full trolley and remember that there is something you've forgotten and don't fancy negotiating you way back through the crowds with your cart..you wil, inevitably, decide to leave it next to the least attractive items in the store like the bit in sainsurys where they have pickled baby octopii in jars or zulu toenail sauce or whatever..It'll be fine and out of the way there you think...wrong! the minute your trolley is parked there it becomes the most popular bit in the store with people clamouring to get to the mysterious ethnic products therein... Same if you leave it by the tins of sprouts, all of a sudden every bugger wants them too!

A similar phenomena can be observed when driving in remote areas where after not seeing another vehicle for hours you arrive at a T junction where suddenly there is a convoy of cars crossing your path..when you finally do get on your way, once again no cars for miles and miles...did this recently in the Highlands...who are these people who travel around in procession??

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
Er..Is'nt MS characterised by attacks and remission? why would you need to use the Disabled badge if you were not having an attack?

Don't mean to sound trite, it's a genuine question.

I actually don't know the rules for getting a disabled badge so can't answer and it depends whether you are in remission or not and which level of MS you have. If you've got relapsing/remitting (Stage 2) then you may be in relapse anything from 2% of the time to 70% of the time so there is no hard/fast rule. Stage 3 and Stage 4 means that you progressively get worse so I think no doubt these people need a disabled badge.

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia

As I walk past the car I always check to see if a badge is on display, if it is I say nowt.

Jul 5, 2003
Chertsey

Don't get me started about supermarkets!! I actually move people's trolleys when they park them stupidly in the middle of the aisle.

- Kids in supermarkets (just leave them at HOME, or if you're a single mum, with relatives)
- Parents who let their kids put their bogey-infested hands on food and then put stuff back - I once saw a kid put a pepper in their mouth, the mum then took said pepper out, and put it back on the shelf!!
- Those annoying call outs - "If you go to aisle three, you'll see that pampers are half price" I DON'T CARE
- Cashiers who huff at you when you can't pack stuff at 100mph
- Couples who KISS in supermarkets (sometimes couples holding hands fill me with the same rage)
- Cashiers talking to friends / colleagues about their love life / what they're doing tonight, I wouldn't do it at work, neither should they

:rant:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here