Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Things in films that don't make any sense..

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
I'll start:

Why doesn't the bad guy just shoot Bond when he has the chance instead of explaining his entire dastardly plan..

If moonlight is just reflected sunlight, why are vampires cool with it?

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
Tom Cruise as Reacher. The film is not even released yet and it cannot make any sense at all. :mad:

Elvis

Mar 22, 2010
Viva Las Hove
In Shawshank, when Andy Dufrene finally escapes through the hole in the wall he conceals his escape with the poster of Rita Hayworth. Later the Warden finds out about the hole when he throws a stone at the poster, the stone goes through the poster with the four corners of the poster remaining tightly stuck to the wall. This is the bit that doesn't make sense. Andy escapes through the hole but how does he ensure that the four corners are stuck with gum to the wall. He could of obvisoly ensured that the top two were attached but once the other side of the wall how did he attach the bottum two. He would of needed to physically press them down, but being the other side of the poster ......How the Hell did he do it?

WSU

Jan 17, 2012
He could have stuck three corners down with his hand still through the hole. If the warden threw the stone at the side with the top and bottom stuck then it would rip through?

WSU

Jan 17, 2012
Second thoughts it's the best fictional film ever made so I'm refusing to look at possible errors! :)

Elvis

Mar 22, 2010
Viva Las Hove
I agree Shawshank is one of the best films ever!! its just because i've watched it so many times that I always wonder how the hell he did it?

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
In The Rock, during the scene where they have to break into Alcatraz he has to navigate his way through a huge fan so Connery can unlock a door to the side of the fan and let the others in. He says he memorized the fan blades revolutions and still remembers them. He gets through the fan and unlocks the door next to it from behind to let the others in. When he was first escsaping years ago, he would not have had to memorise the blades revolutions as the door was next to the fan. All he would have had to have done was unlock the door on his way out and walk through without ever having to go through the fan.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
When a scabby old police car can keep up with/catch a baddie in a supercar.

When an apparently well trianed security team (police/FBI/army/Smersh) can't shoot anyone, yet the untrained criminal/maverick solo cop can pick them off like the Jackal.

Last edited:

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Why doesn't the bad guy just shoot Bond when he has the chance instead of explaining his entire dastardly plan..

I'm suprised nobody has mentioned that before.

Something that annoys me in films is the coincidances. Sometimes you don't mind, but all too often a long forgotten skill will come out of nowhere to be absolutely critical. Suspend your disbelief and all that but seriously, sometimes it's just daft.

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
Absolutely! as Reacher is about 6ft 5" and Cruise is about 4ft 2" .

Don't forget the 250 lbs. Cruise has to wear extra heavy shoes, in case he floats away.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Some films obviously ask you to suspend disbelief and for the most part that can be fun but when there are just glaring holes or ridiculous twists etc it just ruins the film.

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
The Boss of the bad gang, even if he is fat and 50 is always the equal at fighting or shooting as the hero.

Only in America during car chases, their big old bouncy monster limos are able to keep or catch up with a Porsche or Ferrari.

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
The answer is Raquel Welch , the poster stuck itself to the wall , just like mine did after 7 years hanging up in my bedroom .

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here