Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Things Can Only Get Better.........

Barnham Seagull

Yapton Actually
Dec 28, 2005
Yapton
The left are allways bad losers, the idiots waiting outside Downing Street & the negotiating shouting Tory scum are just pathetic.

The Industry I work in is on it's arse, companies going bust huge job cuts etc

Thanks Labour you had your time for a while it looked good and then we sore the reality - an empty bank balance and lack of support to British manufacturers.

Last edited:

simonsimon

Dec 31, 2004
"The fact is my industry and my profession is all but over so you can raise your glass to that and be pleased society has been rid of another sponger in a suit. " quoted by Uncle WhineBERK

You said it.

:laugh::laugh::laugh:

Last edited:

simonsimon

Dec 31, 2004
The backlash against the Bullingdon Spivs will be sooner than you think.

Liberal Democrats are finished.

CheeseRolls

NSC Patron
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach
There really was nothing to take exception with in Cameroon's entry speech - there you go.

I genuinely believed we would see a lib/lab pact emerge and the fact it hasn't suggests to me the labour leadership has imploded, if this is the case it should become clearer over the next few weeks. This implies that the Con/Dem pact is the best for the country, as it has become the only game in town.

withdeanwombat

Feb 17, 2005
Somersetshire
Congratulations to the Tory party.I remember how good it felt when you were ousted the last time,and I anticipate much joy when you are ousted again.

However,I anticipate as much joy when the chance arises to reward the LibDems for this piece of nonsense next time.Grief in Scotland (remember Scotland,David? You have an M,P there) ,grief in the west Country awaits.

We are a democracy,which means the other lot wins from time to time.At least this time the true colours of the Liberals have been revealed. If the Tories reward them with a similar situation next time,then Cameron is a bigger fool than many suspect.

But good luck with it. Good luck with the harlots,too.

O Lads

Dec 16, 2004
It makes me laugh just how big a failure Cameron was, yet he is still PM.

I think I could have racked up a majority when ALL mitigating circumstances were in my favour. A government that took us to war, just coming out of a recession, thousands unemployed, big deficit and every corner of the media on your side yet you still can't get a majority. Mainly because some of the public have memories long enough to remember the last Tory governments.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006

I think I could have racked up a majority when ALL mitigating circumstances were in my favour. A government that took us to war, just coming out of a recession, thousands unemployed, big deficit and every corner of the media on your side yet you still can't get a majority. Mainly because some of the public have memories long enough to remember the last Tory governments.

Oh well. Never mind.

Barnham Seagull

Yapton Actually
Dec 28, 2005
Yapton

As been mentioned many times Torries polled higher than labour did in 2005 and labour polled worse than the Torries in 2005.

Chicken Runner61

We stand where we want!
May 20, 2007
I think there is some strategy from both sides being played.

I think from the position the tories are in having the libs with them to share/take some of the blame if/when things go horribly wrong is clever.

and..

I think Labour were fairly happy to sit government out for a few months hoping the coalition stuffs up while they elect a new Leader move to the left and clean up in an election in 6-9 months time leaving the libs and tories in total disarray.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail

The last Tory government set the country on the road to recovery after we creaked our way to financial oblivion. Labour inherited an extremely healthy looking country. Political seeds are sown long before the results become clear.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
sounds like you fell for Labours rhetoric hook line and sinker. Yes the City let us down, but it was the failure to regulate them properly that allowed things to get out of hand. Brown couldn't do that because he feared a fall in the massive tax take he earned from the City thathe needed to fuel his ridiculous spending plans.
and here I thought Gordon Brown was "The Great Regulator". Confusing.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
"The fact is my industry and my profession is all but over so you can raise your glass to that and be pleased society has been rid of another sponger in a suit. " quoted by Uncle WhineBERK

You said it.

:laugh::laugh::laugh:

Enjoy it. I hope it brightens up your sad life :thumbsup:

The Antikythera Mechanism

The oldest known computer
NSC Patron
Aug 7, 2003
So overspending by the Labour government had nothing to do with our fiscal position then I take it.

Nor the PFI spendin whcih isn't on the balance sheet.
Nor the liabilities of the Public sector pensions.

No, just the bankers :shrug:

Exactly - Years of huge public spending funded by borrowed money had to come to an end!

Public sector workers, welcome to the real world of waking up and wondering how long you will have a job for. Unfortunately it's been a constant painful fact of life for the rest of us whenever times are hard.

Stoo82

GEEZUS!
Jul 8, 2008
Hove

You do know it was the largest loss for Labour and the largest gain for the torries ever don't you? (Apart from 1931)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here