Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Things Can Only Get Better.........

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
I am fully entitled to say what I did and do not take back a word of it.

Colossal Squid

Returning video tapes
Feb 11, 2010
Under the sea
Where the f*** have I celebrated the end of someone's job you idiot ? Can you point out to me where I have done so on this thread ?. The fact is my industry and my profession is all but over so you can raise your glass to that and be pleased society has been rid of another sponger in a suit.

Oh goody.

Any idea when we'll be rid of Estate Agents too?

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
No day soon CS. Any suggestions as to my new career ?.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Can we get back to celebrating this historic day please - Uncle Buck you bad boy

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing

Dandyman

In London village.
The 2 parties are going to implode in a special way.

Lloyd-George did not quite finish the Liberals off, I fear Clegg's deal with the lunatics might just do that.

Going to be interesting to see how Simon Hughes, Norman Baker, Menzies Campbell and other liberal LibDems react and equally how the Europhobes in the Tory ranks react to probably the most pro-EU of the main parties.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
I was thinking Solar panels myself.

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
Where the f*** have I celebrated the end of someone's job you idiot ? Can you point out to me where I have done so on this thread ?. The fact is my industry and my profession is all but over so you can raise your glass to that and be pleased society has been rid of another sponger in a suit.

You've villified Labour and celebrated Cameron's victory on here no end, and yet when people voice their opinions and concerns you refer to them as "bad losers". Well some of us will be bad losers, of our jobs. I find that particularly hypocritical from someone who has made so public their own problems regarding employment and income.

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
Going to be interesting to see how Simon Hughes, Norman Baker, Menzies Campbell and other liberal LibDems react and equally how the Europhobes in the Tory ranks react to probably the most pro-EU of the main parties.

I do like the idea of Norman Baker having to work with Iain Duncan-Smith, the blind and mad leading each other.

Have I Got News For You is going to be good for the next 12 months.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
You've villified Labour and celebrated Cameron's victory on here no end, and yet when people voice their opinions and concerns you refer to them as "bad losers". Well some of us will be bad losers, of our jobs. I find that particularly hypocritical from someone who has made so public their own problems regarding employment and income.

Have you lost your job now ?. I also did not make the remark about bad losers someone else did. The fact is jobs will be lost if the Tories or Labour had won. You took an opportunity not to just point out my job predicament but basically say what I did was worthless and I contribued nothing to anyone. A job I have dedicated 20 years of my life to be the best I could for my clients and now it is in ruins. A very low shot and now you are back tracking. Your original post is there to see exactly what you said so I am sorry for standing up to this but anyway its a mute point now as my career is finished.

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
Have you lost your job now ?. I also did not make the remark about bad losers someone else did. The fact is jobs will be lost if the Tories or Labour had won. You took an opportunity not to just point out my job predicament but basically say what I did was worthless and I contribued nothing to anyone. A job I have dedicated 20 years of my life to be the best I could for my clients and now it is in ruins. A very low shot and now you are back tracking. Your original post is there to see exactly what you said so I am sorry for standing up to this but anyway its a mute point now as my career is finished.

As a matter of fact I was specifically told that I most likely will lose my job if the Conservatives get their chance to cut spending. As I mentioned, I actually feel incredibly sorry and sympathetic for anyone (including yourself) that have been through such problems in the last year or so, but people who are now concerned that they will face the same and are voicing their objections are being criticised by you - hypocritical. No back-tracking.

And do I believe that doctors, nurses, teachers, police officers, social workers etc are more important than financial middle-men? In a lot of ways, yes.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
And do I believe that doctors, nurses, teachers, police officers, social workers etc are more important than financial middle-men? In a lot of ways, yes.

Every worker should be important provided they are legally employed as they pay taxes and work for companies that pay taxes.

Last edited:

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
As a matter of fact I was specifically told that I most likely will lose my job if the Conservatives get their chance to cut spending. As I mentioned, I actually feel incredibly sorry and sympathetic for anyone (including yourself) that have been through such problems in the last year or so, but people who are now concerned that they will face the same and are voicing their objections are being criticised by you - hypocritical. No back-tracking.

"I think its sad that someone like you who basically makes money by needlessly taking a cut from people transferring money between each other "

And for your information the loss of a job and income can and does devastate lives regardless of the " worthiness " of their profession. The impact on their lives and the lives of their familes is exactly the same.

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
"I think its sad that someone like you who basically makes money by needlessly taking a cut from people transferring money between each other "

And for your information the loss of a job and income can and does devastate lives regardless of the " worthiness " of their profession. The impact on their lives and the lives of their familes is exactly the same.

Yeah that bit was a little harsh. I wasn't suggesting you don't work hard for a living. The point I was trying to make is not that some people are worth more than others, but in terms of government spending, the Labour government have established a network of people serving the community which are gonna disappear. Its just kinda the opposite to the business/financial sector that have been hit in the last year or so, and I was pointing out the hipocrisy in celebrating that change.

Anyway its late and I am not explaining myself well. I suggest a truce and I will PM you if I become more articulate.

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
Every worker should be important provided they are legally employed as they pay taxes and work for companies that pay taxes.

100% agreed. I meant as a spending priority for the government.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Yeah that bit was a little harsh. I wasn't suggesting you don't work hard for a living. The point I was trying to make is not that some people are worth more than others, but in terms of government spending, the Labour government have established a network of people serving the community which are gonna disappear. Its just kinda the opposite to the business/financial sector that have been hit in the last year or so, and I was pointing out the hipocrisy in celebrating that change.

Anyway its late and I am not explaining myself well. I suggest a truce and I will PM you if I become more articulate.

Sorry for my comments. No hard feelings.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here