Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Things Can Only Get Better.........

Market Porter

Or The Globe
Feb 14, 2008
South Walk
I'm not happy, I'm really not very happy at all....but never mind, the opportunity to air this classic summary of the British class struggle has now arisen.

[yt]nxA0a5G6ccg[/yt]

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
Its sad the Labour supporters on here are so bitter and cannot acknolwedge a very good speech by Cameron the way the Tory supporters gave Brown full credit for his resignation speech but that sums up the debate on NSC I am afraid.

I think its sad that someone like you who basically makes money by needlessly taking a cut from people transferring money between each other can be on here crying when your industry shoots itself in the foot, and then are quite happy to support someone who is prepared to take the livelihoods from those of us who work hard in public services to provide vital services to everyone in this country, and call us bad losers.

lighthouse

Feb 27, 2008
north hampshire
Labour didn't have very much at all to do with the rest of the world's economy collapsing. Most countries never even heard of 'PFI spending'. Not that it matters. Banking snouts in the trough brought us to this point, pure and simple. The true Enemy Within, and the big bonus boys should be strung up by the balls on the street corners of every major city in the world. IMHO, like.

sounds like you fell for Labours rhetoric hook line and sinker. Yes the City let us down, but it was the failure to regulate them properly that allowed things to get out of hand. Brown couldn't do that because he feared a fall in the massive tax take he earned from the City thathe needed to fuel his ridiculous spending plans.

Last edited:

Colossal Squid

Returning video tapes
Feb 11, 2010
Under the sea
Its sad the Labour supporters on here are so bitter and cannot acknolwedge a very good speech by Cameron the way the Tory supporters gave Brown full credit for his resignation speech but that sums up the debate on NSC I am afraid.

I don't think it's as easy as classing people as Labour fans vs Tory fans. The fact is that NOBODY has won and we're all having to make do. The fact that Cameron is now the figurehead of our shaky government means he is the easy target but it's not just him that people are concerned about. Not by a long shot

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003

Sorry, switched it off after the Browns went into the Palace. No offence.

Good luck to the Cameron boy. Sincerely hope he can sort out the havoc caused by his mates in the City. They've posed a far greater threat to our Western way of life than Al-Queda could ever dream of. The true Enemy Within. They'll be quaking in their boots when George Osborne gets in amongst them for sure :lol:

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle

It is a shame that you are also point scoring at the same time as telling people to put their differences aside. That is hypocritical. What sums up the debate on here is that whilst we need the parties to put aside their differences we ourselves seem incapable of doing so.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
I think its sad that someone like you who basically makes money by needlessly taking a cut from people transferring money between each other can be on here crying when your industry shoots itself in the foot, and then are quite happy to support someone who is prepared to take the livelihoods from those of us who work hard in public services to provide vital services to everyone in this country, and call us bad losers.

You know nothing about what I do, how I earn my money and the great service I give my clients nothing at all. Who the f*** are you to tell me I contribute nothing. How f***ing dare you.

Everlast

Sep 3, 2009
the toffee nosed smarmbandit and young smeggy will fall out within six months,
which will probably mean another election within twelve months.

Things will get better if you stand to inherit a million quid

Yep.

It's all going to end in tears. Within 12 months we'll all be voting again.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing

and listen up you idiot any party that had won would have a budget deficit to take care of.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
sounds like you fell for Labours rhetoric hook line and sinker. Yes the City let us down, but it was the failure to regulate them properly that allowed things to get out of hand. Brown couldn't do that because he feared a fall in the massive tax take he earned from the City thathe needed to fuel his ridiculous spending plans.

So, about the rest of the world then? Any thoughts? :shrug:

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
and listen up you idiot any party that had won would have a budget deficit to take care of.

But there are lots of ways to tackle a budget defecit. Certainly cutting inheritance tax for super-millionaires isn't one of them. And you could hit other industries (or invest through it) rather than cut spending on key services.

Point is, you wanted everyone to feel sorry for you when things went tits up (which I did, very much so btw), but are now so happy to celebrate the end for another sector in society.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
There was no need to basically say I am a leech and contribute f*** all. I have worked very hard for 2 decades to give my clients a superb service and do the very best I can for them. The fact most of them always come back to me suggests they think so as well.

larus

Labour didn't have very much at all to do with the rest of the world's economy collapsing. Most countries never even heard of 'PFI spending'. Not that it matters. Banking snouts in the trough brought us to this point, pure and simple. The true Enemy Within, and the big bonus boys should be strung up by the balls on the street corners of every major city in the world. IMHO, like.

OK, so if the city hadn't made such huge profits, it wouldn't have paid so much into the governments coffers, I believe abou 25% of the governments revenue was linked to financial services.

Without this revenue, how would Labour have funded the extra spending on public services. You can't have it both ways. Even with all of this extra revenue, he still borrowed more; what has this to do with other countries.

We have a structural deficit. This is not down to the bankers or the recession. FACT. This has been caused by Labours spending commitments.

It's about time you accepted the reality of the situation (but I know you won't as you're too blinkered)....

windowlicker

Aug 22, 2009
I think its all a load of bollocks. Have you got a roof over your head? Are you starving to death. I suppose tory boy dave will save the world aswell

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
But there are lots of ways to tackle a budget defecit. Certainly cutting inheritance tax for super-millionaires isn't one of them. And you could hit other industries (or invest through it) rather than cut spending on key services.

Point is, you wanted everyone to feel sorry for you when things went tits up (which I did, very much so btw), but are now so happy to celebrate the end for another sector in society.

Where the f*** have I celebrated the end of someone's job you idiot ? Can you point out to me where I have done so on this thread ?. The fact is my industry and my profession is all but over so you can raise your glass to that and be pleased society has been rid of another sponger in a suit.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here