Thigs in Brighton that are no longer there/changed names

The Oldman

I like the Hat
NSC Patron
Jul 12, 2003
In the shadow of Seaford Head
Yorkie said:
Cheeky beggar, you're two years older than me :p :lolol:

I preferred that bowling alley at Hove Station to the one at the King Alfred.
Our youth club did a 24 hour bowlathon for charity there. It was dead exciting for me at the time (I was 18) because it was the first time my Dad allowed me to stay out all night.

My oh my Yorkie.You and I seem to go to the same places. I went bowling there one saturday night with a young lady until 3am. Walked her home as one did and her father was waiting for me and ready to punch my lights out. I scarpered quick but in the end did the decent thing and married her. That was 40 years ago:eek:

tinx

Jul 6, 2003
Horsham Town
When I was at Uni we used to drink in the Steam inn loads, saw some cracking bands in there too. Girls Against Boys played there and it was one fo the best gigs I've eve rbeen to. Now its University offices. :nono:

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Gaffer said:
My oh my Yorkie.You and I seem to go to the same places. I went bowling there one saturday night with a young lady until 3am. Walked her home as one did and her father was waiting for me and ready to punch my lights out. I scarpered quick but in the end did the decent thing and married her. That was 40 years ago:eek:

:D
Congratulations.

My favourite place to go was in Shoreham though. It was called the Dolphin coffee bar near the British Legion just above the station. I think it is a chinese takeaway nowadays.

The Oldman

I like the Hat
NSC Patron
Jul 12, 2003
In the shadow of Seaford Head
Yorkie said:
:D
Congratulations.

My favourite place to go was in Shoreham though. It was called the Dolphin coffee bar near the British Legion just above the station. I think it is a chinese takeaway nowadays.

Remember the Dolphin well. Used to go there and then onto some wicked parties on the then new estate on Shoreham Beach.

:)

nomad_seagull

Jul 27, 2004
daveyboybhafc2 said:
Pirates deep was quality, spent many birthday parties there, Hungry Years, i remember the name but where was it, was it by the palace pier?

Hungry Years was when it opened called "The Hungry Years Gathering Place" and was opposite the aquarium.

Loved the pictures of the Southdown buses , the 12A was my main mode of transport from Peacehaven to Brighton, and many times I remember tearing down to Poole valley to get the last bus home.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
The volunteer pub

A TRIED and TESTED english pub, that's now some sort of namby pamby student bar :angry:

Hatterlovesbrighton

something clever
Jul 28, 2003
Not Luton! Thank God
The Clock Tower Cafe. Amazingly lovely breakfasts, top hand cut chips and the most miserable woman in the world. Top Quality.

By the way the most miserable man in the world works in the Plough in Seaford.

Parson Henry

Jan 6, 2004
Victor Bhanerjee's notebook
WATFORD zero said:
The volunteer pub

A TRIED and TESTED english pub, that's now some sort of namby pamby student bar :angry:

Used to be the place where me and me pals used to meet up for our crawl around town in the late 70s and early 80s.

Dave Goodchild was the landlord ( I Think)

Graham2

Oct 25, 2003
The Abinger pub - my hang out. It had waterfalls inside
Duke Street Delicatessen - home cooked roast turkey, cranberry and stuffing sandwiches all year round as well as turkey pasties - never been beaten!!

Screaming J

He'll put a spell on you
Jul 13, 2004
Exiled from the South Country
Lord Bracknell said:
Did your boyfriend know .... ?

:lolol:

I know, dear, it was absolutely SCREAMING; although we didn't realise that when we first went in there, owing to our youthful innocence. Only later, too, did the double meaning behind "the cottage" become clear to us.

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
Super Macs in West Street. Used to be my regular post clubbing stop for chips or a kebab. Bloke that ran it (raj I think) was a top quality fella too. Has now been knocked down to make way for the all the new stuff being built.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here