Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

"They are here to support our players"

The Merry Prankster

Pactum serva
Aug 19, 2006
Shoreham Beach
Oh, bore off.

This isn't about me. What's deflating the good atmosphere at the club is the manager doing things that upset the supporters - like diving into the middle of a racism scandal, threatening to walk out, making come and get me plea's to Premiership Clubs, storming off in the middle of a game and now telling the fans they're a disgrace for booing a team who had scored 0 and conceded 10 in 3 and a half matches.

Management isn't just about picking the right team (which Poyet has struggled with lately) and getting results. It's about handling the media and fan expectation.

He's quite clearly the best manager in my life time, but he needs to buck his ideas up if he's going to make it to the top.

A first. I agree with WW.

T soprano

Oct 27, 2011
Posh end of Shoreham
What's the difference between the manager slamming the door of a changing room at half time of an awful performance throwing cups of tea around swearing at the players calling them f***ing shite and not wearing the shirt with pride now get out there and show me what your made off ( not every managers style but it happens ) so if a fan boos at half time that's the only way they can vent their frustration and then get behind the team in the second half like at the Amex last night .by the way I never heard any booing from wsu and I also thought people were booing ref in other parts of ground

ropey9

Feb 25, 2009
I was a supporter at the Goldstone.
I was a supporter at the Pissfield.
I was a supporter at Withdean.
I'm a supporter at away Games.

I am a Customer at the Amex - which is down to the club.

Customers outnumber supporters 2-1 at the Amex, as a customer if the service is crap you are entitled to moan about it.

You don't often here booing at away games.

I love the Amex, I don't boo, I sometimes moan about professional players making fundamental errors - which was what the first half was about yesterday.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Vicente?
Greer?
Navarro?

Knackered
Injured
Injured

Having said that, if Gus can't cope with a few moans from our fans (and personally I thought that the booing was at the ref after he failed to be conned by Barnes' theatricals) then he will really struggle at a Premiership team, where budgets and therefore expectations are far higher.

rouseytastic

Sep 22, 2011
Haywards Heath

Customers outnumber supporters 2-1 at the Amex, as a customer if the service is crap you are entitled to moan about it.

I love the Amex, I don't boo, I sometimes moan about professional players making fundamental errors - which was what the first half was about yesterday.

:rave:

leigull

Sep 26, 2010
Fully support Gus and his comments. I'd be pissed off if the fans were mocking a goalkeeper I signed who was making his debut and then booing at half time despite us coming incredibly close to scoring a few times whilst not playing wonderfully well. The effort was there for all to see and booing was just moronic. I thought a some of it was aimed at the referee though?

It's funny people come on here whining when Gus has something negative to say about them, telling Gus he needs to get a thicker skin. Well perhaps some supports need to get a thicker skin too. We all know Gus is outspoken and I love that he is. He speaks from his heart and if it's been hurt by actions then I'm pleased he comes out and says it.

Seagull on the wing

Sep 22, 2010
Hailsham
The only reason Gus stormed off early the other day is because he was so very angry with the ref.

I have never forgotten what Gus said at the last fans forum, he asked us all to be supportive when things aren't going so well, not just in the good times - and he is absolutely right! Brighton marathon runners have said its the support of all the spectators that picks them up and gets them across the finish line. I don't care if I am shot down for this but I really do believe that fans should support the team and the manager in the good times and in the not so good times.

At last ...somes it up nicely. All those who are moaning about Gus and his tactics are very good at criticising...but as I said on another thread who would you want as a replacement?.....Do you know what...nobody came up with an answer. You were all cheering Gus last season and just because we have'nt gone up this season you are suddenly doubters, this is the trouble with modern days....everybody wants instant success:drink::drink::drink:

thealbionfan

Oct 6, 2003
"Normally they are unbelievable but that I'm not going to accept, I don't care who they are. They are here to support our players."

All very well Gus telling us how we're supposed to behave - perhaps someone should tell him not to storm out of 'must win' matches before the end. Or not to play a team full of short arses against the tallest team in the league away from home and get stuffed 6-0. Or to declare "3 wins needed from last 5" before throwing in the towel and dropping his best players with 3 games to go.

Finding it increasingly hard to like a CONTROL FREAK, even if we have had a fantastic season.

It's a game of opinions, people pay good money to watch and should be able to enjoy themselves how they choose. If people turn up paying £30 to watch 11 men treat a match like a pre-season friendly, then they have every right to boo or grumble.

Totally agree!

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
In that first half, even though we actually created chances, we the worst at the back and in midfield I have seen for a very long time. I don't see booing for a minute as they walk off is a problem, as long as after the break fans get right behind the team again (as they did).

If Poyet thinks that kind of display is going to be acknowledged with rapturous applause, he is a deluded lunatic. Maybe he was spoilt on Saturday, because the team should have got a lot more stick than they did, I think most fans were in shock at Upton Park.

At least we know have the capability of scoring a couple a couple of goals and saving most games with the crowd in full voice.

We have taken 2 pts out of 18 at the business end of the season. That is, in anyone's language, very disappointing, and has just slighty soured what has been such a memorable season off and on the pitch.

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
In that first half, even though we actually created chances, we the worst at the back and in midfield I have seen for a very long time. I don't see booing for a minute as they walk off is a problem, as long as after the break fans get right behind the team again (as they did).

If Poyet thinks that kind of display is going to be acknowledged with rapturous applause, he is a deluded lunatic. Maybe he was spoilt on Saturday, because the team should have got a lot more stick than they did, I think most fans were in shock at Upton Park.

At least we know have the capability of scoring a couple a couple of goals and saving most games with the crowd in full voice.

We have taken 2 pts out of 18 at the business end of the season. That is, in anyone's language, very disappointing, and has just slighty soured what has been such a memorable season off and on the pitch.

When we are tonked by Birmingham on Saturday, as I suspect we will be, Gus is going to feel even more uncomfortable especially if his team selection again leaves something to be desired. He needs to grow a thicker skin and very quickly, if he is to flourish and develop as a manager.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
if Gus can't cope with a few moans from our fans (and personally I thought that the booing was at the ref after he failed to be conned by Barnes' theatricals) then he will really struggle at a Premiership team, where budgets and therefore expectations are far higher.

....and the media scrutiny a lot more intense.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Very much this.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
When we are tonked by Birmingham on Saturday, as I suspect we will be, Gus is going to feel even more uncomfortable especially if his team selection again leaves something to be desired. He needs to grow a thicker skin and very quickly, if he is to flourish and develop as a manager.

I have a feeling the bingo machine will select the right team for Saturday. We are due some good numbers*.

(I know this statement flies in the face of sampling theory but I'm being upbeat)

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
The guy wasn't saying it's right to boo the team just hinting that if gus was at a big club like Chelsea the fans would boo after 3 and a half games without a goal or a win and playing poorly , it's all part of the game always has been Booing a bad performance is nothing new

Hopefully, that's why he'll see sense and want to stay at a club where most people appreciate what he's done and is trying to do :thumbsup:

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
"Normally they are unbelievable but that I'm not going to accept, I don't care who they are. They are here to support our players."

All very well Gus telling us how we're supposed to behave - perhaps someone should tell him not to storm out of 'must win' matches before the end. Or not to play a team full of short arses against the tallest team in the league away from home and get stuffed 6-0. Or to declare "3 wins needed from last 5" before throwing in the towel and dropping his best players with 3 games to go.

Finding it increasingly hard to like a CONTROL FREAK, even if we have had a fantastic season.

It's a game of opinions, people pay good money to watch and should be able to enjoy themselves how they choose. If people turn up paying £30 to watch 11 men treat a match like a pre-season friendly, then they have every right to boo or grumble.

In the grand scheme of things, when all is said and done, at the end of the day, f*** off you prick.

patchamalbion

Feb 26, 2009
brighton
I think everyone(gus and the fans) need to calm down-it's has been a disappointing end to a very solid first season back in the champs! Think we need to give the team the support and appreciation they deserve sat and kick on next season..

el_ciddy

Aug 26, 2011
I hardly heard a boo from the WSU, but when they played it back on the radio this morning it was loud.

I laugh at fools like WW who know so much more about management and football than Poyet - pathetic you are sir in your moaning.

We are towards the top of the Championship, have had a full house nearly every game in a fantastic stadium, have seen some brilliant games this season, yet people are still not happy.

f*** me, how would some of you survived when we really were a shit team?

People were reacting to the first 45 minutes of football not the entire season.

pork pie

Dec 27, 2008
Pork pie land.

You cannot say things like that! How dare you suggest that Gus and his football are anything less than a sign that the second coming has already happened?

I agree with you. I have decided that the guy is too far up his own arse, and just cannot stand him. He is like the worst prima donna footballers from the Premiership - no wonder he is so keen to spunk Tony Bloom's money on buying some as the "only" way to progress.

I just cannot help feeling that the squad he has been fielding in recent games is to prove a point about needing more money to TB.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home

I am not sure I understand what you are getting at.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here