Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

"They are here to support our players"

bravohotelalpha

Jan 23, 2011
Good Old Sussex By The Sea
Correct he shouldn't be storming off if he wants us behind the team 100% of the time but he's absolutely spot on about the booing, it was f***ing idiotic and a lot of people should be ashamed tonight. Unfortunately they won't have the intelligence to feel shame, but hey ho.

The only reason Gus stormed off early the other day is because he was so very angry with the ref.

I have never forgotten what Gus said at the last fans forum, he asked us all to be supportive when things aren't going so well, not just in the good times - and he is absolutely right! Brighton marathon runners have said its the support of all the spectators that picks them up and gets them across the finish line. I don't care if I am shot down for this but I really do believe that fans should support the team and the manager in the good times and in the not so good times.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
The only reason Gus stormed off early the other day is because he was so very angry with the ref.

I have never forgotten what Gus said at the last fans forum, he asked us all to be supportive when things aren't going so well, not just in the good times - and he is absolutely right! Brighton marathon runners have said its the support of all the spectators that picks them up and gets them across the finish line. I don't care if I am shot down for this but I really do believe that fans should support the team and the manager in the good times and in the not so good times.

i think u will find there a few who have nothing else to liven up there lives but to have a good old moan and shit stir

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
If he can't handle a few idiotic fans booing (perhaps not even at the team, but the ref), how is he going to cope with the expectations in a big club? How will he react when he is Chelsea manager and the whole ground is booing at half-time when they're drawing 0-0 with Wigan at half-time?

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton

This (with a cheer and a chant!)

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Booing is not good but it happens, Gus getting angry is not gonna stop it either.

Surely he got booed whilst he was at Chelsea or Spurs? It's just a part of the game and it happens at every club.

Wearing his heart on his sleeve is just the way Gus is I guess.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
"Normally they are unbelievable but that I'm not going to accept, I don't care who they are. They are here to support our players."

All very well Gus telling us how we're supposed to behave - perhaps someone should tell him not to storm out of 'must win' matches before the end. Or not to play a team full of short arses against the tallest team in the league away from home and get stuffed 6-0. Or to declare "3 wins needed from last 5" before throwing in the towel and dropping his best players with 3 games to go.

Finding it increasingly hard to like a CONTROL FREAK, even if we have had a fantastic season.

It's a game of opinions, people pay good money to watch and should be able to enjoy themselves how they choose. If people turn up paying £30 to watch 11 men treat a match like a pre-season friendly, then they have every right to boo or grumble.

Not sure I would be as blunt but I have to say I agree with the sentiment of this. Hope that doesn't make me a "bad" supporter

Livid he was livid. I was too scared to ask a question.

Who ever you were cut it out.

It's not ALWAYS going to be lovely love, or sycophantic praise from every quarter.
There will be people who are vocal - who cheer his name on high when they perceive his team are brilliant, and boo when they play like crap.
We've had 2 sent off in a 0-1 loss at home and the crowd have raised the roof! Rough with smooth Gus, or you don't know management.

Livid he was livid. I was too scared to ask a question.

Who ever you were cut it out.

Anyway, what kind of journo only asks questions of smiley calm managers? Call him a clown and a wheeler dealer, tell him he's got to do something about his team selection and ask him what makes him think Spurs or Chelsea would be interested in him if they saw our games? ....and when is he going to accept that a poor performance was all his fault?
Get to the nitty gritty.

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009
Bit rich seeing as we've lost direction & won just won 2 in 11 since he waited silently for 4 days for Wolves to offer him a job, then only when it became clear it wasn't coming did he then said he was staying

As per 'Meet the Fockers' it is HE that has 'broken the circle of trust'

From the back of WSL centre the North Stand were the loudest they have ever been early doors second half, superb stuff

T soprano

Oct 27, 2011
Posh end of Shoreham
Lol...as if he's bothered what u think...hav u tried auditioning for MOTD they need more drivel on tht program

Take your gus tinted goggles off , instead of coming out with positives after the game about how the crowd lifted the team with a brilliant atmosphere getting right behind the players after 3 and half woeful performances and no goals he chose to slag the fans off for a few booing at half time , bad PR management again from gus

Perhaps Gus could do with a slice of Mr Adkins positivity when results are not going so well.

Ps - don't boo the team.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
I like Gus. He has been a tremendous asset to the club and done well but the jury is beginning to raise their eyebrows and itch their chins. Yesterday in the first half we were woeful. More misplaced passes than a pub team. Watford fans were taking the piss about how inept we were. So if a few people who have coughed up £ 25 odd quid and treked to the stadium on a cold night and after 3 defeats in a row and throwing in the towel for a play off wants to boo a little, let them.

If might be a wake up call to the players. I never go along with this " never boo your own side " cobblers, sometimes it is fully justified, maybe not last night but it was very much a minority.

Now if Gus is going to throw his toys out of the pram again after several times this season touting his premiership ambitions to other clubs and that we are a stepping stone club for him, standing up for Racist Suarez, saying " if you don't like it I will go home ", several times after a bad run and then this on top of spending £ 7 000 000 in the last year on players, most of whom don't seem to play anymore, for me he has had an OK season, no more, and I am not convinced other managers out there could not have done equally as well this season.

So for me " he's good but he's not that good ". If he leaves life will go on. I want him to stay but not at all costs.

Last edited:

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
If he can't handle a few idiotic fans booing (perhaps not even at the team, but the ref), how is he going to cope with the expectations in a big club? How will he react when he is Chelsea manager and the whole ground is booing at half-time when they're drawing 0-0 with Wigan at half-time?

Just because Chelsea fans do it, doesn't make it right. In fact, that more than anything proves that we shouldn't do it. Certainly don't want to aspire to be like their bizarre crowd mixture of thick meatheads, Asian tourists, and nouveau riche wide boys who go the game so they can tell everyone they've been to the game, rather than because they have the slightest clue what's going on.

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
I like Gus. He has been a tremendous asset to the club and done well but the jury is beginning to raise their eyebrows and itch their chins. Yesterday in the first half we were woeful. More misplaced passes than a pub team. Watford fans were taking the piss about how inept we were. So if a few people who have coughed up £ 25 odd quid and treked to the stadium on a cold night and after 3 defeats in a row and throwing in the towel for a play off wants to boo a little, let them.

If might be a wake up call to the players. I never go along with this " never boo your own side " cobblers, sometimes it is fully justified, maybe not last night but it was very much a minority.

Now if Gus is going to throw his toys out of the pram again after several times this season touting his premiership ambitions to other clubs and that we are a stepping stone club for him, standing up for Racist Suarez, saying " if you don't like it I will go home ", several times after a bad run and then this on top of spending £ 7 000 000 in the last year on players, most of whom don't seem to play anymore, for me he has had an OK season, no more, and I am not convinced other managers out there could not have done equally as well this season.

So for me " he's good but he's not that good ". If he leaves life will go on. I want him to stay but not at all costs.

Absolutely agree. Also think it was the ref that was being booed to be honest.

Mr Blobby

Jul 14, 2003
In a cave
I hardly heard a boo from the WSU, but when they played it back on the radio this morning it was loud.

I laugh at fools like WW who know so much more about management and football than Poyet - pathetic you are sir in your moaning.

We are towards the top of the Championship, have had a full house nearly every game in a fantastic stadium, have seen some brilliant games this season, yet people are still not happy.

f*** me, how would some of you survived when we really were a shit team?

T soprano

Oct 27, 2011
Posh end of Shoreham
Just because Chelsea fans do it, doesn't make it right. In fact, that more than anything proves that we shouldn't do it. Certainly don't want to aspire to be like their bizarre crowd mixture of thick meatheads, Asian tourists, and nouveau riche wide boys who go the game so they can tell everyone they've been to the game, rather than because they have the slightest clue what's going on.
The guy wasn't saying it's right to boo the team just hinting that if gus was at a big club like Chelsea the fans would boo after 3 and a half games without a goal or a win and playing poorly , it's all part of the game always has been Booing a bad performance is nothing new

Davey Boy Smith

Jul 5, 2003
Take your gus tinted goggles off , instead of coming out with positives after the game about how the crowd lifted the team with a brilliant atmosphere getting right behind the players after 3 and half woeful performances and no goals he chose to slag the fans off for a few booing at half time , bad PR management again from gus

Fair point. Would have been good to highlight how the better support in th second half encouraged the team...

ROKERITE

Dec 30, 2007
Bit rich seeing as we've lost direction & won just won 2 in 11 since he waited silently for 4 days for Wolves to offer him a job, then only when it became clear it wasn't coming did he then said he was staying

As per 'Meet the Fockers' it is HE that has 'broken the circle of trust'

From the back of WSL centre the North Stand were the loudest they have ever been early doors second half, superb stuff

If Poyet was willing to take the Wolves job and Morgan & Moxey didn't come in for him, they're even dafter and more incompetent than I thought.
I understood that Poyet had made it clear from the start he wasn't interested in the Molineux post. Why would he be? I've never been to Brighton and I've never been to Wolverhampton, but I know which seems the more appealing area to live; it's also obvious which is a grand old club declining and which a club with its greatest days to come.
Having said all of which; if Gus became fed up in a few weeks time and the Wolves powers-that-be came to their senses and offered Poyet an irresistable deal, I'd fancy Wolves to bounce straight back while B&HA's progress would be, albeit temporarily, derailed.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here