Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

"They are here to support our players"

jasetheace

Apr 13, 2011
Essentially this is about a midfield that is not good enough and a manager who lost his way a little and then started contradicting contradictions (if that is possible?) in team selection. Gus, we are exasperated, not pissed off! You recruited some of the best wingers in the business. Play them and attack at all times. Then it is just a question of Navs, Dicker, Harley, Vincelot, gone, Robson, Trotter and maybe one other in. Cheers Mate will cheer the players off on Saturday, am grateful for an exciting season but you have lost the plot of late. Deal with it. Admit it. and move on.

father_and_son

Jan 23, 2012
Under the Police Box
I was taught that the primary job of a department manager is to be visible in the bad times (taking the flack) and invisible in the good (let your staff take the credit).

I don't feel football managers should be any different. Gus should be saying sorry for last night's first half performance, not berating the fans.

Don't kill the messenger just 'cos you don't like the message!

Trigger

Jul 4, 2003
Brighton
I find his hissy fits on a par with Ashley Barnes' tantrums, embarrassing... Perhaps that's why they get on so well.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
I find his hissy fits on a par with Ashley Barnes' tantrums, embarrassing... Perhaps that's why they get on so well.

I reckon Ashley must have some secret sex tapes of Poyet.

Marc1901

Peace out.
Apr 26, 2009
The Championship.
There were a few disgruntled fans last night but I don't honestly think you can blame them. Results have been poor recently and once again we just didn't show up in the first half and play football like we have been all season. The keeper looked nervous and Dunk and El-abd looked nervous even passing back to him. To be honest though, most of the booing was for the referee who had a shocker, just like most weeks for the Albion.

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
I heard a bit of booing at half time, and asked those responsible why they were doing it.

"It's aimed at the ref, not our players" was the reply.

Perhaps Gus has got the wrong end of the stick?

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
I heard a bit of booing at half time, and asked those responsible why they were doing it.

"It's aimed at the ref, not our players" was the reply.

Perhaps Gus has got the wrong end of the stick?

Of course he has. I am sure the booing was aimed at the ref, but don't expect Gus to admit he was wrong......

I think he is a great manager, but as much as I respect his footballing philosophy, football is about the fans, they pay their money they are entitled to their opinion.

The Oldman

I like the Hat
NSC Patron
Jul 12, 2003
In the shadow of Seaford Head
Methinks Gus was very clever with his press conference. His outburst against the fans sidetracked any questions about how poorly the team played in the first half or about his future plans both for the Albion and personally.

Tuggerz123

Apr 13, 2012
As the team becomes more successful, more and more morons will jump on the band wagon. They turn up and expect the team to win every game. In reality we're not one the best teams in the league and we've done very well this season. The booing and swearing I heard against Watford was disgraceful and I hope they never turn up again.

when the best manager we have ever had leaves because he's pissed off with all the know-it-all fans like you I hope all these threads gets bumped.
He hasn't achieved what Alan Mullery did yet, but is on course to do so. He'd have to takes us up next year, then keep us there for a second season just to be on a par with Mullers.

Last edited:

keeper01

sharon
Sep 18, 2011
southwick
I have never posted before but a frequent reader i am a season ticket holder and didn't boo but who's to say that didn't motivate the players to step up in the second half, as for Gus loved him as a player always thought he was an alright bloke but lately his arrogance and disregard for the fans who will be here a long time after he has gone as he continually makes it clear we are just asteping stone, he should take a leaf out of Brendan Rogers book, the Swansea manager who after geniune approaches by credible teams showed great respect to Swansea and their fans.
I think his arrogance is taking him over as Steve Coppell said the manager in charge when moving to the Amex would be a luckly one so remember that Gus !!
The fans booing are just moaning something he does alot, as for great players it was only 24 hours ago he was mentioning a cull of players himself
I think we have done really well this seasonbut could have done better, i dont boo i would just leave early my choice not everyones !!!!

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
He hasn't achieved what Alan Mullery did yet, but is on course to do so. He'd have to takes us up next year, then keep us there for a second season just to be on a par with Mullers.

Good point. Gus is good but Gus not great........yet. Also i think the boos were aimed at the ref. Was Gus thinking they were for the team? Why?

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
The boos after Watford scored a soft first goal was because fans realised the 3rd choice goalie is a 3rd choice goalie. The boos at half time as the players left the pitch were directed at the ref. Gus put 2 and 2 together and got the wrong answer.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here