Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

These travel vouchers are a bit of a RIP OFF aren't they ?

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
If you know you'll nearly always be using the trains and/or P&R then yes, they are good value.

But how could the travel vouchers be abused by making them non-match specific ? Maybe I'm missing something, but I don't see what difference it would make just selling a book of 30 vouchers for £30, and using them for whatever match you need them for.

I'm 100% with you on this. I have two lads, and we will only need to use public transport for about 10 games. Looks like we will have to shell out £90 for three books of 30, although we only need 30 in total. Annoying.

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
I'm 100% with you on this. I have two lads, and we will only need to use public transport for about 10 games. Looks like we will have to shell out £90 for three books of 30, although we only need 30 in total. Annoying.

Then surely it's better not to buy the vouchers? You can get a saver for yourself (£3.70) and the kids can get returns on the bus for 40p each (I think!): Sum total for 10 games = £45.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Then surely it's better not to buy the vouchers? You can get a saver for yourself (£3.70) and the kids can get returns on the bus for 40p each (I think!): Sum total for 10 games = £45.

WOuld such a thing be valid on the P&R?

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Is everyone ignoring Lord B's quote from Insider saying "Match-to-match vouchers will be available in due course"??

I know "In due course" is the clubs favourite phrase at the moment, and is all very well, but you've got people who will have to commit to a £30 book of vouchers by THIS SATURDAY if they intend using the P&R for the Eastbourne game.

mcshane in the 79th

Nov 4, 2005
I know "In due course" is the clubs favourite phrase, and is all well, but you've got people who will have to commit to a £30 book of vouchers by THIS SATURDAY if they intend using the P&R for the Eastbourne game.

The club have left this to the last minute I'll agree. But can't separate arrangements be made for this Saturday so you don't commit to a book of 30? Then it's another 2 weeks until Spurs by which time the club would (hopefully) have sorted it all out

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
I know "In due course" is the clubs favourite phrase at the moment, and is all very well, but you've got people who will have to commit to a £30 book of vouchers by THIS SATURDAY if they intend using the P&R for the Eastbourne game.

I was told the SSCF wasn't covered by the vouchers so I needn't worry about buying them beforehand.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Is there a good reason why the bus/train companies cannot sell these tickets themselves? I cannot help thinking the whole system/process would be easier if we could simply jump on the bus/train, show your match ticket and say 'Albion Saver please' and hand over a pound coin.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
Does the book of 30 travel vouchers cover the SSCF? The book of 30 car parking vouchers doesn't. I had to pay an extra £5 for the SSCF.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut

You're always welcome on my TANDEM Easy x

tinx

Jul 6, 2003
Horsham Town
Are they definitely match specific? My mate phoned up today and booked a book of travel vouchers for him and his lad and was told he could use them until they run out and then call back later in the season and buy a new book of tickets, this answer suggests that they are not match specific.

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
Cripes, some people are never happy are they!

Would you expect a refund to be able to carry it over to next season if you couldn't make a game you'd already paid for in your season ticket? I'm assuming no?! I don't see how this is any different.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Cripes, some people are never happy are they!

Would you expect a refund to be able to carry it over to next season if you couldn't make a game you'd already paid for in your season ticket? I'm assuming no?! I don't see how this is any different.

Er, its different, because if I knew I was only going to attend 10 games, I wouldn't buy three season tickets.

Not a dissimilar situation to those thinking about using Seagull/Stagedoor Travel where my desposit would have had to be paid by last Friday. However, I believe that a comprehensive response to all the travel queries that Bozza and LB put together is in preparation at the moment so hopefully you should be ok for the weekend.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Is it write anywhere that the Albion have to sub. travel?

No.
But they are insistant on us using sustainable modes of transport (which is fair enough). As it currently stands, the only way I can set foot on one of their P&R buses is if I've spent £30 (£60 with my lad) to cover 23 league plus cup games, even though most of the time I won't be using P&R.

Not very fair, when they could just simply make the vouchers non match-specific, therefore meaning the unused ones I've purchased do not become worthless at the end of the season.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here