Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

These travel vouchers are a bit of a RIP OFF aren't they ?

tottenhamseagull

Jul 7, 2008
Is that a message about tomorrow's buses, for the SSC Final? Or a message about matchday travel generally?

I can understand your confusion, since it seems to be the case that Vouchers won't be in use tomorrow. But, if it's a statement about matchday travel generally, it's quite different from what both the Club and the Bus Company have previously been saying.

No, the question I asked was about bus travel in general to all home games. So I don't really know why I have paid £30 for a book of vouchers that I won't be able to use on the 5B to get me to the stadium... Totally Confused. I think the club need to clear up what the vouchers can be used on, what services and when?

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
To add further confusion the B&H Buses website mentioned a couple of months ago you just needed to show your match ticket to the driver , I dont know if that referred to travelling on the regular routes because they also detailed the additional services , routes P , R and S in the blurb.

tottenhamseagull

Jul 7, 2008
To add further confusion the B&H Buses website mentioned a couple of months ago you just needed to show your match ticket to the driver , I dont know if that referred to travelling on the regular routes because they also detailed the additional services , routes P , R and S in the blurb.

Christ... This is a joke. Basically all I want to know is if I don't make the S route at the Grenadier and a "normal" 5B turns up, can I get on this bus, show one of my purchased vouchers from the club, sit down on the bus and end up at the stadium? Then if I want to hang around at the stadium for a bit after the game and not get on the S route bus, jump on a 5B and show my return voucher to get home?

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Christ... This is a joke. Basically all I want to know is if I don't make the S route at the Grenadier and a "normal" 5B turns up, can I get on this bus, show one of my purchased vouchers from the club, sit down on the bus and end up at the stadium? Then if I want to hang around at the stadium for a bit after the game and not get on the S route bus, jump on a 5B and show my return voucher to get home?

Looking in the "Bus Times" , the 5B from the Grenadier to Falmer only runs 4 times in the morning and 5 times in the afternoon Monday to Fridays , on a Saturday or midweek evening game you will have to catch a 5 , 5A or 5B from the Grenadier and then change on to a 25 at Palmeira Square (starting point) , getting on at Churchill Square or Old Steine might mean standing up if its busy and do the reverse for the journey home.

tottenhamseagull

Jul 7, 2008
Looking in the "Bus Times" , the 5B from the Grenadier to Falmer only runs 4 times in the morning and 5 times in the afternoon Monday to Fridays , on a Saturday or midweek evening game you will have to catch a 5 , 5A or 5B from the Grenadier and then change on to a 25 at Palmeira Square (starting point) , getting on at Churchill Square or Old Steine might mean standing up if its busy and do the reverse for the journey home.

Oh right cool, thanks for your help SOG. So do i have to pay for the trip from Grenadier to Palmeria Sq? Then have the voucher for the journey to the Amex? Sorry about all the questions

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Oh right cool, thanks for your help SOG. So do i have to pay for the trip from Grenadier to Palmeria Sq? Then have the voucher for the journey to the Amex? Sorry about all the questions

According to Insider you hand the voucher to the driver on the last leg of the journey , presumably you show the voucher to the driver at the Grenadier (you dont have to pay). At this moment in time some questions are unanswered on ATC so we haven't got the overall picture regarding travelling by bus to The Amex. Conflicting information from B&H Buses doesn't help matters :lol:

Bear in mind that the price of a return bus fare from the Grenadier to Palmeira Square is the same as the price of travel all day long on any B&H bus in the City Saver area. If you have to pay for one bit of the journey, there is no point in paying extra for a Travel Voucher. If you are asked to pay, just ask for a City Saver ticket.

Tomorrow, though, we are told that a match ticket will be enough. Whether this will be accepted on any bus in the city (or just the buses that reach Falmer) is something that isn't at all clear. Worth a try, though. The driver on the first bus will no doubt tell you.

tottenhamseagull

Jul 7, 2008
According to Insider you hand the voucher to the driver on the last leg of the journey , presumably you show the voucher to the driver at the Grenadier (you dont have to pay). At this moment in time some questions are unanswered on ATC so we haven't got the overall picture regarding travelling by bus to The Amex. Conflicting information from B&H Buses doesn't help matters :lol:

Bear in mind that the price of a return bus fare from the Grenadier to Palmeira Square is the same as the price of travel all day long on any B&H bus in the City Saver area. If you have to pay for one bit of the journey, there is no point in paying extra for a Travel Voucher. If you are asked to pay, just ask for a City Saver ticket.

Tomorrow, though, we are told that a match ticket will be enough. Whether this will be accepted on any bus in the city (or just the buses that reach Falmer) is something that isn't at all clear. Worth a try, though. The driver on the first bus will no doubt tell you.

Thanks Chaps. You've given me more information than the brighton and hove buses and the albion put together. I really appreciate it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here