Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Theresa May BLAH BLAH BLAH!!

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Two things.

One - you found the first course you could, and hardly the most inspiring one at that, and not the one my step-daughter did.
Two - In doing so, you've confirmed what I just said.

If you had attended anything put out by these graduates, you'd know this is way beyond what Technical Colleges could offer. But you haven't, so you don't.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
Two things.

One - you found the first course you could, and hardly the most inspiring one at that, and not the one my step-daughter did.
Two - In doing so, you've confirmed what I just said.

If you had attended anything put out by these graduates, you'd know this is way beyond what Technical Colleges could offer. But you haven't, so you don't.
One thing...........bollocks, i dont doubt that your daughter and her colleagues have talent, but this subject, isnt , and never will be a degree course.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
One thing...........bollocks, i dont doubt that your daughter and her colleagues have talent, but this subject, isnt , and never will be a degree course.

Has been since 1927.

When you know what you're on about, what the courses entail, and what they give the graduate, then your comment might have some merit. Right now, reading your posts, it's evident it doesn't.

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
Has been since 1927.

When you know what you're on about, what the courses entail, and what they give the graduate, then your comment might have some merit. Right now, reading your posts, it's evident it doesn't.
Right now reading your posts its obvious you're just trying to justify taxpayers wasting money on something your stepdaughter should have learnt at technical college and on the job, end of story.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Right now reading your posts its obvious you're just trying to justify taxpayers wasting money on something your stepdaughter should have learnt at technical college and on the job, end of story.

I'm not justifying it. I'm telling you that you don't know what you're talking about. I'm also telling you that this is way beyond Technical College level. Your reply was the ubiquitous and unimaginative 'bollocks', implying to me that you're not in a position to comment what goes on.

You THINK you know what's going on, and to you that's enough. It's you that can't explain what she did during her course.

End of story.

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
I'm not justifying it. I'm telling you that you don't know what you're talking about. I'm also telling you that this is way beyond Technical College level. Your reply was the ubiquitous and unimaginative 'bollocks'.

It's you that can't explain what she did during her course.

End of story.
No doubt she did pretty much the same as the course in my link, seeing as it's named exactly the same as the course you first mentioned.

West Hoathly Seagull

Honorary Ruffian
Aug 26, 2003
Sharpthorne/SW11
This. I've spoken to people with Media degrees and arts degrees and who are SO f***ing talented they can make a whole career out of something that is "useless", get a f*** load of cash and when it gets taxed they end up contributing more than if they DIDN'T go to Uni.

Its all very well and good looking at a degree title and thinking "useless" if you have no idea what it entails. There is more to life, and more to education than just law medicine or commerce.

Fine, then they can afford to pay the money back when they start earning it, can't they? I do think £9000 is rather excessive, but the idea of getting everything free has had its day. Health service, education up to school leaver age, services for disabled and those who can't work, yes, but the rest should be paid for by its users.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
What exactly is Business Information Studies ? Do you mean Business Analysis.

its a Computer Studies course with no programming and very little technical content and a bit of focus on finance and a bit more of the business analysis type stuff

Bollocks. f***ing bollocks.

My step-daughter has a degree in Technical & Stage Management, as has her partner, and both have managed to get fairly decent jobs in fairly short order the back of it in the world of the Arts. Who the f*** are you to undermine those degrees principally because they're not in commerce or law or medicine - or more pertinently undermine them because you don't know what those degrees entail?

read what i wrote. high tech companies have no use for such degrees, which Kneeon was saying is why we need 50% of the population as graduates. There is of course a place for Technical & Stage Management degrees, but probably not as many as there are, especially when considering how many non-specific graduates will fall into such roles too (history grads into theatres, chemisrty grads into IT so on). dont take it personally. the point is there are thousands of graduates being produced in soft subject or vocational areas where until 20 years ago you went to from school instead and learnt on the job, they didnt need degrees then and dont need them now. im just a graduate of an ex-ploy who got in on shit grades and saw people struggle to understand the material and many drop out, with most of those that made it to the end getting bottom of the pile shitty first line IT jobs. ie where they would have been 3 years beforem, except with grosslack of real world technical knowledge (so have to start learning again). i believe vocationally focused non-degree teritiary would benefit most student more than having subjects forced into the confines of a 3 year degree programme.

Its all very well and good looking at a degree title and thinking "useless" if you have no idea what it entails. There is more to life, and more to education than just law medicine or commerce.

agree, but then you are rather contradicting your earlier point about high tech industry requiring the graduates. some degrees are just there for acedemia and enriching our cultral aspects of society. and some are just a waste of time.

Last edited:

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
Fine, then they can afford to pay the money back when they start earning it, can't they? I do think £9000 is rather excessive, but the idea of getting everything free has had its day. Health service, education up to school leaver age, services for disabled and those who can't work, yes, but the rest should be paid for by its users.

No one is asking for it to be free. We're just asking that the cost does not increase three fold for what is very likely to end up as an equivilent of more realistically a significantly worse service.

""Analysis by the lobbying group representing new universities, Million +, suggests the reforms will limit social mobility and see almost two-thirds of graduates paying much more for a degree than they do now. The "triple whammy" of higher fees, real interest rates for loans and a longer debt write-off period is likely to represent a bad deal for taxpayers and will leave between 60% and 65% of graduates worse off, with middle-income earners hit hardest, according to the study.

Allowing universities to charge £9,000 a year will result in many women spending most of their working lives in debt, while pupils from poor families and mature students will be put off applying, it said.

Million+, which represents 28 former polytechnics, said the findings discredited the coalition's insistence that the moves were progressive. It claims the changes will leave taxpayers worse off because the government will have to borrow more to fund higher loans and pick up a bigger bill for debts written off after 30 years. Write-off costs are likely to rise from 27.5p in the pound to at least 36p, it estimates.""
http://www.guardian.co.uk/politics/2010/nov/30/nick-clegg-tuition-fees-protests

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
You know it suprises me that so many football supporters that have endured very poor police crowd control over the years are so one dimensional in their belief it was all the Students fault. The Police have so much proven bad form at this type of thing I'm amazed at some of the comments. Although its the same old tory blinkered view that is going to carry on until cuts really starting to affect those individuals concerned.

The Spanish

Aug 12, 2008
P
You know it suprises me that so many football supporters that have endured very poor police crowd control over the years are so one dimensional in their belief it was all the Students fault. The Police have so much proven bad form at this type of thing I'm amazed at some of the comments. Although its the same old tory blinkered view that is going to carry on until cuts really starting to affect those individuals concerned.

you hear this a lot and its not quite the same. the OB are there (allegedly) two keep two sets of antagonistic fans apart. if people were coming out of portcullis house offering the protesters out and making wanker and come on then signs at them from behind police lines then it might be a fairer comparison. and far funnier.

we all know how coppers go on at football matches, it doesnt mean my enemy's enemy is my friend any way round.

narly101

Feb 16, 2009
London
And there was me thinking that it was a GLOBAL economic crisis and it was in fact the UK's Labour party that was leading europe out of the recession. :jester:

oh please piss off - you have no idea what you are talking about. The quoted statement above assures me that you have your head up your arse.

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
oh please piss off - you have no idea what you are talking about. The quoted statement above assures me that you have your head up your arse.

Nope. I won't and if you read my posts you'll see that I do know what I'm talking about. Is that the best argument you can come up with? Stop fishing and add something to the debate or do us all a favour and piss off.

The fact this country's up against it financially isn't Labours fault. In the same way it isn't Labours fault that Spain, Greece and half of Europe have been effected by the global economic crises.

Last edited:

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
pictures could have been for Paris or Seol or Tokyo or for that matter any city where the youth are being shit on from a great height and it always looks worse than it actually is.
the youth of Britain are entitled to there opinion and with a tory government there always going to be confrontation and confrontation brings violence and to be quite honest I would think there was something very wrong if the youth did not react I mean do we really want a country of YES men and women who go along with what ever the government whatever colour it is.
Only thing about the so called "riots" I would question is who in hell ordered the Horses in there ....a dickhead of the highest order,surely shields and batons was enough mind you was'nt enough for the poor sod in the wheelchair he/she had to be hauled out of the wheelchair and manhandled .............why?

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
you hear this a lot and its not quite the same. the OB are there (allegedly) two keep two sets of antagonistic fans apart. if people were coming out of portcullis house offering the protesters out and making wanker and come on then signs at them from behind police lines then it might be a fairer comparison. and far funnier.

we all know how coppers go on at football matches, it doesnt mean my enemy's enemy is my friend any way round.

I'm sure the lad that nearly died because he was truncheoned unprovoked doesn't see it that way. Or the innocent stall owner who died in the city protests just over a year ago after being knocked on his arse by a copper, again unprovoked.

smudge

Up the Albion!
Jul 8, 2003
On the ocean wave
Students, hangers on, rent a mob, school kids out for the crack, etc.

You've had your fun, you don't have the support of the majority of the population, especially after your actions, now go away. Getting boring now.

The Spanish

Aug 12, 2008
P
I'm sure the lad that nearly died because he was truncheoned unprovoked doesn't see it that way. Or the innocent stall owner who died in the city protests just over a year ago after being knocked on his arse by a copper, again unprovoked.

where do i say that coppers arent evil bastards sometimes in situations like this. i am not sure what sort of row you are trying to start.

but you should know anarchist rent a mob turned up at millwall trying to wind people up into attacking the OB after Ian Tomlinsons (thats his name he was not a 'stall holder') death and got laughed out of the place. and after Birmingham play off 2002 its not like there is any love lost anyway. People see through pricks, again my point my enemy's enemy is not always your friend. These same dickheads that are ruining these student protest were down there trying to latch on to the death of someone just so they could get the big boys to fight their pointless battles for them.

That doesnt mean Ian Tomlinson is forgotten believe me the OB get stick for that at Millwall all the time. They just dont need crusty spastics telling them how to do it, Millwall fans have rasied a lot of money for the Tomlinson family to fight for justice and have deliberately steered cleared of outside 'political' involvement although as you can imagine its been more than forthcoming. The 2002 biggest assault on the police in London since Brixton should tell you that. So pay the man the respect of calling him by his name and dont use him as a pawn in an internet debate when the point we all know is some coppers arent worth tuppence.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here