Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Theresa May BLAH BLAH BLAH!!

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Nice to see Theresa May has police tactics so close to her heart.

The principle tactic of the police at these demonstrations is 'kettling' - keeping groups together and letting there be a supervised release of people.
Water cannons are there to disperse crowds - not control them and keep them in one place.

DerbyGull

Mar 5, 2008
Notts
Thats the whole point they are not JUST standing up for what they believe in, they are ignoring police instructions and attacking them and their horses and causing criminal damage,its pleasing that the government are taking steps to arrest those responsible,it will make them think twice in future demonstrations as a prison sentence will not improve their chances of employment.
Theresa May has gone up in my estimations as she is considering water cannons she might take up the suggestion of a caller on radio this morning of using Farmyard slurry rather than clean water.
Tasers are being used regularly now on drunks so they must also be available for voilent behaviour on demonstrations,it would help the students if they tightened up their control on who takes part, this could be achieved by them using official name tags
to keep out the rabble, and deter the wilder elements of their membership.

That's it! lets all behave and be BRITISH, stiff upper lip and all that.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
All these words used to describe students are hilarious, 'Thugs, ferals, yobs, monsters, etc'. So they decide to have a day off from all that boring study and go a bit mental, so what they're just kids having fun and a bit pissed off about having to spend they're whole working life to pay off this debt.

Now they're talking about using water canons on them. Worlds gone mad.

Putting aside the rights and wrongs of the policy and any party politics - I'd like to see keyboard warriors like you stand there with just padding and a riot shield and take the battering those front line police officers took without flinching. I'm not the greatest supporter of the police, especially the Met, but the violence that was targeted against them was disgusting. I doubt any of the protesters ( I'll concede they may not all have been students ) would have stayed standing while have metal fencing barriers rammed into them.

fruitnveg

Jul 22, 2010
Waitrose. Veg aisles
I'm curious. What in the opinions of the student sympathisers constitutes a "Banker" and also "Poor". These are two words you use a lot and i'd like to see where you stand on both please.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
That's it! lets all behave and be BRITISH, stiff upper lip and all that.

Sorry are you actually saying what went on last week was ok? Throwing stuff at the police and police horses, smashing up the place etc.

Westdene Seagull

NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
£8

That's all a graduate earning £25k will pay back per month. Hardly a lot.

Maybe you might want to speak to this guy as he earns roughly that and still seems to give away over a HUNDRED times more than a student loan repayment will be ( I'll grant you he's a little strange but kind ! ).

Maybe graduates should take a page out of this guys book

DerbyGull

Mar 5, 2008
Notts
Putting aside the rights and wrongs of the policy and any party politics - I'd like to see keyboard warriors like you stand there with just padding and a riot shield and take the battering those front line police officers took without flinching. I'm not the greatest supporter of the police, especially the Met, but the violence that was targeted against them was disgusting. I doubt any of the protesters ( I'll concede they may not all have been students ) would have stayed standing while have metal fencing barriers rammed into them.

I don't think you were there, you think it was all instigated by students. You're having a laugh!

But i agree, i'm not against the police, they too are getting shafted by Cameron and Co. Tbh the police should join with the protesters and storm parliament demanding their budgets aren't cut. The majority getting screwed (and doing nothing about it) because a minority screwed our economy.

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
You are 100% right and it's YOU that is looking at the bigger picture.

The fact so many people think what the papers tell them to think is so disappointing. How many people are against them just because of party politics rather than the facts? How many people vilify them just for standing up for what they believe in? They have an excellent cause which is just being shrugged off by those unable to look at things objectively.

Stuff like this makes me laugh. I was in Westminster last week and saw for myself. I didn't need the Guardian or the BBC (proper FACIST broadcasters) to tell me what was really going on. Then I get lectured that I am spouting what the papers are telling me.

Perhaps if the NUS had organised this campaign a bit better, I might have a bit more sympathy. As It stands, I have none.

In any case, all these student threads are more dull than the FCUM ones were before them.

But i agree, i'm not against the police, they too are getting shafted by Cameron and Co. Tbh the police should join with the protesters and storm parliament demanding their budgets aren't cut. The majority getting screwed (and doing nothing about it) because a minority screwed our economy.

With the greatest of respect, if you genuinely mean that you are f***ing crazy. I think you really need to take a long hard look at yourself if you think some kind of mob rule is acceptable and we should all go around charging the Houses of Parliament. Would you like me to supply you with some pitchforks and torches for your witch hunt in the City next week?

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
Stuff like this makes me laugh. I was in Westminster last week and saw for myself. I didn't need the Guardian or the BBC (proper FACIST broadcasters) to tell me what was really going on. Then I get lectured that I am spouting what the papers are telling me.

Perhaps if the NUS had organised this campaign a bit better, I might have a bit more sympathy. As It stands, I have none.

In any case, all these student threads are more dull than the FCUM ones were before them.

BBC and Guardian 'facist'? I believe the only major national newspaper to ever flirt with Mosley's fascists was the tory supporting Dail Mail. A Murdoch funded tory party will have their goal set at destroying the BBC so that all the free news we take for granted can go behind a Murdoch pay wall.

Barnham Seagull

Yapton Actually
Dec 28, 2005
Yapton
I don't think you were there, you think it was all instigated by students. You're having a laugh!

We are getting shafted by the huge overspend of the previous goverment and cuts having to be made as the financial sector is now not lending money after their total balls up.

£8 per month is hardly much to protest about when the rest of us are worring about job security and wether we will be able to afford our mortgages going forwards.

Last edited:

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
We are getting shafted by the huge overspend of the previous goverment and cuts having to be made as the financial sector is noww not lending money after there total balls up.

And there was me thinking that it was a GLOBAL economic crisis and it was in fact the UK's Labour party that was leading europe out of the recession. :jester:

Westdene Seagull

NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003

No, I agree, I wasn't there but given I've seen TV pictures from ITV, Sky and the BBC and seen numerous photos in the press covering all the political spectrum I think it's fair to conclude that the protesters were the far more violent group and that the police were very restrained considering.

*** awaits the standard student paranoia that the ALL the press are run by the government and so of course they wouldn't show the police being violent ***

DerbyGull

Mar 5, 2008
Notts
With the greatest of respect, if you genuinely mean that you are f***ing crazy. I think you really need to take a long hard look at yourself if you think some kind of mob rule is acceptable and we should all go around charging the Houses of Parliament. Would you like me to supply you with some pitchforks and torches for your witch hunt in the City next week?

Wool pulled over your eyes mate.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Please don't bring the 'poor horseys' into it. Police shouldn't be putting these animals in the line of fire if they're not up to it.

Wow, just wow

fruitnveg

Jul 22, 2010
Waitrose. Veg aisles
And there was me thinking that it was a GLOBAL economic crisis and it was in fact the UK's Labour party that was leading europe out of the recession. :jester:

Very good. Now that we've got that out of the way, are you suggesting the structural deficit we are left with was caused by the global banking crisis, or will you actually admit it was caused by gross fiscal mismangement by one (one-eyed) man and his army of clueless pillocks?

KneeOn

Jun 4, 2009
£8

That's all a graduate earning £25k will pay back per month. Hardly a lot.

Maybe you might want to speak to this guy as he earns roughly that and still seems to give away over a HUNDRED times more than a student loan repayment will be ( I'll grant you he's a little strange but kind ! ).

Maybe graduates should take a page out of this guys book

£5000

That is how much 60% of graduates will be worse off.

Not a lot really, maybe if I got a job... oh wait.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
"Violence all down to students", nothing to do with police tactics then?

ah, so protesters carrying weapons and covering up is due to the police tactics is it?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here