Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

There were 21 police vehicles...

surrey jim

Not in Surrey
Aug 2, 2005
Bevendean
why cant theese hippies just be given a good wash and made to get a job by taking away all their benifits

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
cranewe8.jpg
[/URL]
[/img]

Monkey Man

Your support is not that great
Jan 30, 2005
Neither here nor there
On SCR this morning a caller was saying the incinerator would not be emitting any toxins.

Fine. Build it in the middle of Brighton then, where its fuel will be generated.

Collar Feeler

No longer feeling collars
Jul 26, 2003
On SCR this morning a caller was saying the incinerator would not be emitting any toxins.

Fine. Build it in the middle of Brighton then, where its fuel will be generated.

Where in Brighton exactly? I think given our search for a stadium site over many years it would be obvious that there are no sites big enough for a facility as big as this. More Nimbyism I think.

Woodchip

It's all about the bikes
Aug 28, 2004
Shaky Town, NZ
Err, how about Shoreham Harbour. The reason we're not there is due to the trafffic chaos 12,000+ people would cause. We're not talking about the same number of lorries, so it seems logical to me.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Can they protest about the smell from the sewage works after they get let off with a telling off ? I went fishing down there the other day and the stench was awful.... what do people eat in Newhaven ?:rolleyes:

Err, how about Shoreham Harbour. The reason we're not there is due to the trafffic chaos 12,000+ people would cause. We're not talking about the same number of lorries, so it seems logical to me.

From the Falmer approval letter:

"Shoreham Harbour
The second Inspector considered that whilst this site offers the prospect of a development opportunity with the potential to make a significant contribution to the regeneration of an urban area and is more attractive and potentially far less damaging than a scheme at Falmer, the circumstances are such that there is no development site at the moment, nor can it be said with any degree of certainty that one will materialise in the foreseeable future (IRb10.12-27 and IRb10.156) The Secretary of State notes from the representation dated 14 December 2006 from Shoreham Port, that there is no land available within Shoreham Harbour Limits that might be used as the location for a new sports stadium. She therefore concludes that nothing has subsequently changed to affect the second Inspector’s conclusion."

Peteinblack

NSC Patron
Jun 3, 2004
Bath, Somerset.
...when I left work next to the incinerator site in Newhaven. Cops everywhere just because a few demonstrators have climbed a crane. I hope there is no crime this evening.

Activists climb cranes in incinerator protest (From The Argus)

How come there are always plenty of cops available to police demonstrations, but never enough to tackle muggings, rape, stabbings, etc?

Who are the bigger threat to our daily lives: murderous chavs and criminals or a bunch of soap-dodging hippies?

Is this another example of the police going for an easy target and set of arrests so they can show they've hit stupid government targets ?

:rant::rant::rant::rant::rant::rant::rant:

You've put it in bold for yourself...

FOR A NEW SPORTS STADIUM. Mentions feck all about an incinerator.

Sorry for any misunderstanding; I had assumed that:
"Err, how about Shoreham Harbour. The reason we're not there is due to the trafffic chaos 12,000+ people would cause."
is related to an idea previously put forward that the Albion's new stadium should be built at Shoreham Harbour instead of Falmer and your apparent contention that it would have been, but for some transport/congestion issues. The section quoted from the Secretary of State's letter does not support this contention but confirms that there are more fundamental issues with such a proposal.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
How come there are always plenty of cops available to police demonstrations, but never enough to tackle muggings, rape, stabbings, etc?

Who are the bigger threat to our daily lives: murderous chavs and criminals or a bunch of soap-dodging hippies?

Is this another example of the police going for an easy target and set of arrests so they can show they've hit stupid government targets ?

:rant::rant::rant::rant::rant::rant::rant:

Please, do enlighten me as to the last rape, murder, stabbing that the police didn't attend?

And in answer to your question (it hardly warrants one, but you know, I do try to assist), if you can find in an official document anywhere, a "stupid government target" for arresting "soap dodging hippies", please, give Sussex Police a ring on 0845 60 70 999. There are that many in Brighton, we'd be top of the league in no time.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
All over, Newhaven can get back to it's slumbers.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here