Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

There were 21 police vehicles...

Dandyman

In London village.
Where in Brighton exactly? I think given our search for a stadium site over many years it would be obvious that there are no sites big enough for a facility as big as this. More Nimbyism I think.

And why exactly should Lewes district burn London by the Sea's rubbish?

Dandyman

In London village.
I would wager that a huge proportion of the waste that is due to be burned could/should be recycled. The amount of food waste alone is atronomical.

Very good point. It would be interesting to know exactly how much of a feasability study was done on that option.

steward 433

Back and better
Nov 4, 2007
Brighton
Please, do enlighten me as to the last rape, murder, stabbing that the police didn't attend?

And in answer to your question (it hardly warrants one, but you know, I do try to assist), if you can find in an official document anywhere, a "stupid government target" for arresting "soap dodging hippies", please, give Sussex Police a ring on 0845 60 70 999. There are that many in Brighton, we'd be top of the league in no time.

I can tell you of a sexual assult that the closest policeman didn't attend to!!!!!!!!!

Eastbourne last week a traffic cop got a couple of teeth knocked out as he stopped someone for speeding and a call come through on the radio a girl was being attacked IN THE NEXT STREET. When the person stopped for speeding said "are you not going to that" the policeman said "not my job"

Strangly the person stopped for speeding was never charged with either A: speeding or B: assult WONDER WHY :rant:

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
My main gripe with it is that it should be built so close to a built up area. There are more remote places available.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Very good point. It would be interesting to know exactly how much of a feasability study was done on that option.

I watched a fascinating programme last night - Jimmy Doherty's Farming Heroes.

He visited a Dairy Farm that had a sideline of recycling. They could recycle about 80% of the waste they received and processed some lush compost from mountains of disposed food. The large bins that are scattered around Brighton & Hove do NOT encourage recycling.

Wouldn't it be fantastic if people were encouraged to store their food waste seperately and have communal sealed containers (to control the smell) to dispose of the waste that would then be processed into compost? A city like Brighton & Hove must produce tonnes and tonnes and tonnes of the stuff annually.

These recycling targets are absolutely pathetic. It is a crime that there is so much non-recyclable packaging. It is quite tempting to store all the packaging that is not recyclable and either deliver it to the council or the manfacturer.

And why exactly should Lewes district burn London by the Sea's rubbish?
There's not much of a case for LONDON's rubbish coming to Newhaven to be burnt (although there is a railway link that, were it to be used, might make a slightly better case than the one that the London local authorities have been cobbling together to justify not solving their own waste disposal problem).

As for Brighton ... the argument that every council should deal with its own rubbish is probably unsustainable. It is, however, a classic NIMBY argument that has been used by the opponents of the Newhaven incinerator. My view is that it makes NO SENSE WHATSOEVER to plan waste disposal at a district level - waste disposal has been a county responsibility for years - simply because a population of approaching 400,000 is the natural best fit for a coherent waste disposal strategy.

A good proportion of the waste that currently drives down the A26 is from Wealden, Lewes and Brighton. The landfill site at Beddingham is full and the facility needs to be replaced. I would be more opposed to new landfill than I am to incineration.

And the "recycle everything" brigade are YEARS away from achieving that objective. It won't happen until some politician is brave enough to bite the bullet and use pricing and taxation mechanisms to force a change. And that will be as popular as increasing fuel duty as a way of reducing the impact of motoring.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
I can tell you of a sexual assult that the closest policeman didn't attend to!!!!!!!!!

Eastbourne last week a traffic cop got a couple of teeth knocked out as he stopped someone for speeding and a call come through on the radio a girl was being attacked IN THE NEXT STREET. When the person stopped for speeding said "are you not going to that" the policeman said "not my job"

Strangly the person stopped for speeding was never charged with either A: speeding or B: assult WONDER WHY :rant:

I am not accusing you of lying, but why does this sort of story never reach the press? I would hope that this sort of thing would be reported immediatly, if it were true.

northstandnorth

THE GOLDSTONE
Oct 13, 2003
A272 at 85 mph
i watched one of those night cops/police camera action/cops on camera type programs on monday(can remember the title but they are all the same.

cops speeding round in a fast car/riot van chasing no marks about,they all show loads of plod chasing real bad boys who get a caution or 4 hours community service.
this one had two plod one male one female in a transit who with about 10 others are dealing with a bunch of drunks.

after the non event these two were driving away when on drunk shouted out abuse including the word PRICK.
these two stopped the transit and nabbed him,because the nick was busy they had to wait 4 HOURS before he was processed.

TWO PLOD,ONE TRANSIT,DOING f*** ALL FOR WELL OVER(from arrest untill arriving at the station)4 HOURS.just holding a drunk who had called a copper a prick.

they let him go in the morning without charge

steward 433

Back and better
Nov 4, 2007
Brighton
I am not accusing you of lying, but why does this sort of story never reach the press? I would hope that this sort of thing would be reported immediatly, if it were true.

I dunno? And no it's not a lie.

When my brother was a copper i learnt a hell of a lot of what they get up to

steward 433

Back and better
Nov 4, 2007
Brighton
i watched one of those night cops/police camera action/cops on camera type programs on monday(can remember the title but they are all the same.

cops speeding round in a fast car/riot van chasing no marks about,they all show loads of plod chasing real bad boys who get a caution or 4 hours community service.
this one had two plod one male one female in a transit who with about 10 others are dealing with a bunch of drunks.

after the non event these two were driving away when on drunk shouted out abuse including the word PRICK.
these two stopped the transit and nabbed him,because the nick was busy they had to wait 4 HOURS before he was processed.

TWO PLOD,ONE TRANSIT,DOING f*** ALL FOR WELL OVER(from arrest untill arriving at the station)4 HOURS.just holding a drunk who had called a copper a prick.

they let him go in the morning without charge

I can remember seeing that on sky three Street wars was the program

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
And the "recycle everything" brigade are YEARS away from achieving that objective. It won't happen until some politician is brave enough to bite the bullet and use pricing and taxation mechanisms to force a change.

We either need a dictator or an electorate with a conscience. Sadly, I can't see either of them happening. :down:

I dunno? And no it's not a lie.

When my brother was a copper i learnt a hell of a lot of what they get up to

Well, I trust it was reported in that case.

As for army or ex-army not lying. Give me a break :D

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Guinness Dave would never tell a lie, and if he did you wouldn't argue.

Dandyman

In London village.
There's not much of a case for LONDON's rubbish coming to Newhaven to be burnt (although there is a railway link that, were it to be used, might make a slightly better case than the one that the London local authorities have been cobbling together to justify not solving their own waste disposal problem).

As for Brighton ... the argument that every council should deal with its own rubbish is probably unsustainable. It is, however, a classic NIMBY argument that has been used by the opponents of the Newhaven incinerator. My view is that it makes NO SENSE WHATSOEVER to plan waste disposal at a district level - waste disposal has been a county responsibility for years - simply because a population of approaching 400,000 is the natural best fit for a coherent waste disposal strategy.

A good proportion of the waste that currently drives down the A26 is from Wealden, Lewes and Brighton. The landfill site at Beddingham is full and the facility needs to be replaced. I would be more opposed to new landfill than I am to incineration.

And the "recycle everything" brigade are YEARS away from achieving that objective. It won't happen until some politician is brave enough to bite the bullet and use pricing and taxation mechanisms to force a change. And that will be as popular as increasing fuel duty as a way of reducing the impact of motoring.

I can see the argument for a countywide approach (although I still suspect that Newhaven suits Tory ESCC and formerly Neo-Labour now Tory B&HCC) but I fail to see why a recycling plant is not a better long-term option than an incinerator.

I presume by the way that a large number of lorries will be required to deliver rubbish to Newhaven using two small roads?

Woodchip

It's all about the bikes
Aug 28, 2004
Shaky Town, NZ
The wanker f***ing hippy shit protestors are considering legal action against the site as they carried on working around them. f***ing little wankers were trespassing. Should be happy they weren't stuck on a crane and dunked in the f***ing river. C*NTS!!!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here