Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] There is ZERO chance of SIGNING anyone today.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
It is just sooo ****ing obvious that we need to sign a top striker. When the window opened we were a far more attractive proposition to the strikers we were looking at. Just how long does it tale? Others seem to bid, close the deal much more efficiently.

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
Having done as you requested and referred back to your post 1718, I'm left confused.

What do you mean by 'top primary targets'? According to Andy Naylor, we have a declared interest in signing Jonathan Calleri, who by all accounts is top quality and available. So do you have information that infact he is not top quality, or do you mean that he is not a primary target? Or, he is a primary target and top quality but we are not signing him? Or do you mean that we have other primary targets that are not Jonathan Calleri who are not available? Or do you mean that we are after other targets who are available, who are not top quality and are not Jonathan Calleri?

I beg to differ....

Johnny RoastBeef

These aren't the players you're looking for.
Jan 11, 2016
I beg to differ....

The guy is a footballer, owned by men who don't own a football club. The only reason they have bought him is for the profit in reselling him.

They are not likely to want to hold onto him for long, as he is still demanding his £10-20k wages each week.

So yes, he is still available.

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
The guy is a footballer, owned by men who don't own a football club. The only reason they have bought him is for the profit in reselling him.

They are not likely to want to hold onto him for long, as he is still demanding his £10-20k wages each week.

So yes, he is still available.

I have a brand new Ferrari that is for sale, its 'available'.

You can have it for £1000. I own half of it. You can pay me my £500 when ever you like, in cash, bank transfer, I dont mind.

My friend who lives in L.A owns the other half but he will only sell his half to you if you pay him in cash in person within the next hour.

So you see my car is technically ''available'' but there's no way you're going to be able to do the deal to buy it.

Johnny RoastBeef

Jan 11, 2016
I have a brand new Ferrari that is for sale, its 'available'.

You can have it for £1000. I own half of it. You can pay me my £500 when ever you like, in cash, bank transfer, I dont mind.

My friend who lives in L.A owns the other half but he will only sell his half to you if you pay him in cash in person within the next hour.

So you see my car is technically ''available'' but there's no way you're going to be able to do the deal to buy it.

According to the Buenos Aires Herald, they have purchased 100% of his rights for £9 million pounds from Boca. He is of no use to them unless they sell him. They cannot sell part of him to a European club, as this is not allowed, therefore 100% of him is available to any club that wants him.

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
According to the Buenos Aires Herald, they have purchased 100% of his rights for £9 million pounds from Boca. He is of no use to them unless they sell him. They cannot sell part of him to a European club, as this is not allowed, therefore 100% of him is available to any club that wants him.

Ok, you win.

We're going to SING Jonathan Calleri.

#holdthenerve

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
The real looming problem is that transfer deadline day for the albion is in 13 days time.

Sao Paulo and the rest of Brazil can sign players after this date.

So at some stage the touting about will have to stop for albion to be able to make the deal.

brightonrock

Dodgy Hamstrings
Jan 1, 2008
It is just sooo ****ing obvious that we need to sign a top striker. When the window opened we were a far more attractive proposition to the strikers we were looking at. Just how long does it tale? Others seem to bid, close the deal much more efficiently.
I don't think it's news to Hughton or Bloom that we need a striker. But see how it worked with Calleri and Bolaños? We bid c. £7m for each = agent leaks the bid = bigger fish start sniffing around = player & agent stall = uncertainty/missing out.

There's one thing you can't accuse the club of since Burke left, and that's a lack of ambition. But with the money swimming about in the game, there's always a bigger fish nearby and agents are in no hurry to get things done quickly. £7m to us is huge. To Serie A/La Liga/Premier League teams, it's absolutely nothing. Brighton are offering 20 grand a week? Well let's wait until the end of the window. A desperate bottom half PL team will offer double that.

It simply isn't that easy. There's the old adage - the triangle theory. Price v Speed v Quality. You can have one or two of them. But never all three. Getting a good price, in early Jan, for a quality addition, is IMPOSSIBLE. So your option is (a) buy lower league for cheap and hope you unearth a Vardy but risk it being a CMS, (b) spunk the sort of cash that sends teams into administration and FFP embargoes (see Portsmouth, Cardiff or Forest), or (c) play a waiting game.

You're an adult. Be patient. 361 days ago, Albion signed Beram Kayal. There's still time for Winstanley et all to pull off a coup.

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
The club wont spend this window unless the quality they're looking for becomes available, and by that I mean a realistic chance of buying. Calleri looked promising at the start but that has become too complicated.

I think people forget that this window is notoriously hard to get the level of player you are looking for.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
The club wont spend this window unless the quality they're looking for becomes available, and by that I mean a realistic chance of buying. Calleri looked promising at the start but that has become too complicated.

I think people forget that this window is notoriously hard to get the level of player you are looking for.

Nah Mccormack and Rhodes are available. We just don't want to shell out.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla

Which suggests we are very much looking at the Glenn Murray 93 day LOON around February 25th ???

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton

But, perhaps an investment company would be demanding 50% - 90% of sell on fee (above original fee - profit) and all other sorts of other contractual sell on clauses that make a deal incredibly difficult to agree but essential to get across the line prior to the 31st.

S'hampton Seagull

Oct 12, 2003
Southampton
Nah Mccormack and Rhodes are available. We just don't want to shell out.

Nail on head. I know this money is coming out of TB's pocket so asking for a massive transfer shouldn't be expected, but if we don't get a quality striker this window we will be playing in the Championship next season IMHO. That isn't a disaster, but I hope the wider fan base will be happy with that.

Johnny RoastBeef

Jan 11, 2016
But, perhaps an investment company would be demanding 50% - 90% of sell on fee (above original fee - profit) and all other sorts of other contractual sell on clauses that make a deal incredibly difficult to agree but essential to get across the line prior to the 31st.

They can demand what they want, but if no one is buying then they are snookered. They already owned a % of this lad, Inter were interested but seem to have been put off by their involvement, claiming it was too messy and withdrew.

It seems the investment group then decided to clean up the situation by purchasing the remaining balance of the rights to the player.

But in doing so they have left themselves in a vulnerable spot. Potential suitors could threaten to withdraw and the investment group would be left with a player they can't sell.

I don't think this will happen, but it does stop them making outlandish demands.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
I don't think it's news to Hughton or Bloom that we need a striker. But see how it worked with Calleri and Bolaños? We bid c. £7m for each = agent leaks the bid = bigger fish start sniffing around = player & agent stall = uncertainty/missing out.

There's one thing you can't accuse the club of since Burke left, and that's a lack of ambition. But with the money swimming about in the game, there's always a bigger fish nearby and agents are in no hurry to get things done quickly. £7m to us is huge. To Serie A/La Liga/Premier League teams, it's absolutely nothing. Brighton are offering 20 grand a week? Well let's wait until the end of the window. A desperate bottom half PL team will offer double that.

It simply isn't that easy. There's the old adage - the triangle theory. Price v Speed v Quality. You can have one or two of them. But never all three. Getting a good price, in early Jan, for a quality addition, is IMPOSSIBLE. So your option is (a) buy lower league for cheap and hope you unearth a Vardy but risk it being a CMS, (b) spunk the sort of cash that sends teams into administration and FFP embargoes (see Portsmouth, Cardiff or Forest), or (c) play a waiting game.

You're an adult. Be patient. 361 days ago, Albion signed Beram Kayal. There's still time for Winstanley et all to pull off a coup.

I am patient but, in case you didn't notice, we couldn't score for umpteen games, and we are, allegedly, looking to get promoted...

And, yes, I am an adult. Are you? Or are you just spouting the normal 'club does no wrong' claptrap so popular on NSC?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here