Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] There is ZERO chance of SIGNING anyone today.

worthingseagull123

May 5, 2012
This is a good, probably the right, question. My answer is that only Newcastle have been busier of those most likely to be up there. Our other challengers have either done similar (Sheff Wed, Villa) or been less active (Derby, Norwich).
Put that way, why so much doom and gloom on here?

Oh. It's NSC.

Almen Abdi suppose to be signing for Wednesday

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
The fact that we may lose two of our best players, which would leave us very light in midfield and worryingly light at CB may have something to do with it?

Are any of the team's you mention in the same boat? I know Derby have a player being targeted but I haven't heard that Weds or Nowich are possibly going to lose two of their best players.

It could be that we don't lose anyone but that would be a surprise, well it would be to me :smile:

If I am allowed to answer, Norwich have certainly lost Redmond, not sure about any more but they clearly have a Premier League squad so should be stronger anyway. Derby haven't lost anyone but there is talk of Hendrick going to Burnley, as you say.

bhanutz

Aug 23, 2005
Abdi would be a fantastic signing for the MASSIVE. I have also heard a rumour that Leeds are in for Pritchard?

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
The fact that we may lose two of our best players, which would leave us very light in midfield and worryingly light at CB may have something to do with it?

Are any of the team's you mention in the same boat? I know Derby have a player being targeted but I haven't heard that Weds or Nowich are possibly going to lose two of their best players.

It could be that we don't lose anyone but that would be a surprise, well it would be to me :smile:

Yes. They are in the same boat in the sense that they're Championship clubs and if PL clubs come in with inflated fees and wages, this will unsettle their better players, and they'll perhaps be sold (see Dunk, Hendricks, Stephens and perhaps other players at those clubs).
Given that, all we can say is we don't know what will happen. I wouldn't be surprised if we did lose Dunk or Stephens (although Naylor seems to think neither is that likely) but if we did, I think we'd get inflated prices for them and have a ready-to-go shortlist of replacements.
So, relative to the fancied challengers for the play-off places, we're in no bad shape.

PS Norwich have already lost Redmond and it will be a major surprise if Brady is still with them come the end of the transfer window.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Yes. They are in the same boat in the sense that they're Championship clubs and if PL clubs come in with inflated fees and wages, this will unsettle their better players, and they'll perhaps be sold (see Dunk, Hendricks, Stephens and perhaps other players at those clubs).
Given that, all we can say is we don't know what will happen. I wouldn't be surprised if we did lose Dunk or Stephens (although Naylor seems to think neither is that likely) but if we did, I think we'd get inflated prices for them and have a ready-to-go shortlist of replacements.
So, relative to the fancied challengers for the play-off places, we're in no bad shape.

PS Norwich have already lost Redmond and it will be a major surprise if Brady is still with them come the end of the transfer window.

Rather hope that Hull or Burnley make a MASSIVE offer for Forestieri. Now that would be unsettling for Wednesday!

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
However, if Zamora had scored 10 goals (which I think Murray will) or Wilson had scored 10 goals (which is what I'm saying we need for a replacement), then we would have gone up too.
Baldock might have got a few more too........but not going up was as much to do with the defence as the attack.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
Baldock might have got a few more too........but not going up was as much to do with the defence as the attack.

Agreed. I was responding to a point regarding if Hemed had got 20 goals, we would have gone up.

I think it is harsh to blame either for us not going up last season. You could argue we missed a lot of chances, both in games where we won and could have won by more (vital considering we only stayed down on goal difference) and games where we drew in the first half of the season, but we also conceded a lot of late goals early in the season to drop points.

Pure facts say we were top scorers but conceded a lot more than Boro, Burnley etc. However, I think that is more down to their defences being ridiculously tight than vice versa as we had similar number of goals conceded as we did when we conceded the least one season.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Rather hope that Hull or Burnley make a MASSIVE offer for Forestieri. Now that would be unsettling for Wednesday!

It's entirely conceivable. Not convinced that Forestieri will do much in the PL. He's quality in the Championship, but hasn't got enough pace (and probably other attributes) to make it in the PL.
But, I agree. All our challengers will have a price for their best players and, given that they're well-run clubs, will probably have replacements lined up if that eventuality materialises.

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
Dunk and Goldson will start at Derby with Hall on the bench. Stop getting your collective knickers in a twist.

We'll probably also snaffle up a striker nobody has heard of with a flair name - also before Derby.

bhanutz

Aug 23, 2005
Dunk and Goldson will start at Derby with Hall on the bench. Stop getting your collective knickers in a twist.

We'll probably also snaffle up a striker nobody has heard of with a flair name - also before Derby.

I can't believe that Goldson will be fit!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here