Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] There is ZERO chance of SIGNING anyone today.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
2 weeks out from Derby away and still important additions needed. One fit CB, who is apparently subject to transfer bid and has previously (reportedly) not been shy in positioning to leave and two others unfit. Need additions now. Even if Goldson is fit soon he has 2 pre season games to be ready and coupled with a maybe distracted Dunk I would say we have issues there. Surprised it has taken this long since Greer was released and we always knew the German would not be ready.

I'm not sure we did always know about Huhnemeier. There was talk he could be training again at the end of last season so assume he must have had a setback. Wonder if they are regretting letting Greer go. It may have been time but he showed in the last three games of last season that he has something to offer still.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Doubt we're doing that. Even if Towell replaced Stephens in the first team, we would need another central midfield option. Will be interesting to see whether Stephens plays in one of the friendlies today.
Hughton has said Stephens will play.

Of course that could change if Burnley up their bid to stellar levels.

Bra

Feb 21, 2009
patcham
I'm not sure we did always know about Huhnemeier. There was talk he could be training again at the end of last season so assume he must have had a setback. Wonder if they are regretting letting Greer go. It may have been time but he showed in the last three games of last season that he has something to offer still.

You maybe right about the German. I thought Greer still had something to offer, perhaps being possibly third choice was a problem to him, although as it turns out he would have been a shoe in for Derby.

Last edited:

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
You maybe right about the German. I thought Greer still had something to offer, perhaps being third possibly third choice was a problem to him, although as it turns out he would have been a shoe in for Derby as it stands.

Absolutely. Think he'd have stayed, judging by his comments when released. I'm confident we won't sell Dunk without signing at least two centre backs.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
I am not sure that he would have been happy to play a bit part and take the wages commensurate with a bit part at his age being probably his last contract as a player.

I did wonder about that at the end of last season but the comments he made about being surprised at being released made me think he might have stayed. We'll never know anyway but, as you say, I am sure the club are close to signing at least one centre back (maybe even up to three if Dunk is leaving and Huhnemeier will be out for a while).

S'hampton Seagull

Oct 12, 2003
Southampton
The lack of transfer news incoming is a little frustrating, but we are no different to many other clubs in guess.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
Definitely getting worried about this season, need a 20 goal a season striker and a centre back quick

This 20 goal striker idea is over done. We were level top scorers last season with Hemed getting 17 and then the next being seven goals. We also scored a lot more in the second half of the season when we had Knockaert and Skalak.

We released Zamora and replaced with Murray, which is strengthening in my view. Wilson has left but only got a few goals so it's not like we're replacing a lot. If we can find a 10-15 goal striker, that would be fine and it doesn't need to be quick. I'd happily go to Derby with Hemed and Murray up front and Baldock as back up, especially with the wingers we have to supply them.

Central defence is urgent, assuming Goldson won't be fit for the season. The rest can wait. Another left back and central midfielder would be good before the transfer window shuts.

Cheggers

Jul 28, 2011
Bang! And the dirt is gone.
I remember the night I attended Sandi Toksvig's 55th birthday bash. Sandi was as high as a kite as usual, all bulging eyeballs and dribbling Cinzano Bianco all over my nice new silk short-sleeve shirt. Sandi promised me that Trevor MacDonald and Patsy Palmer would be arriving. I recall mentioning to Paul McShane that a wonderful party was about to be had, as these two were chicken oriental. Anyway, after one too many Tom Collins' I suddenly came to the realisation that not only had Trevor and Patsy not turned up as promised, but that Dave Benson Philips and Pauline Quirke had left as they felt the party was as flat as an elephant's ear. I felt extremely disappointed with Sandi, and told her so. With this, I was frogmarched out of Needlewich Community Centre by Sid Owen and Rusty Lee. I have never felt so disappointed. I'm getting the same feeling now. I haven't spoken to Sandi since.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here