Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] There is ZERO chance of SIGNING anyone today.

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
The rest can wait. Another left back and central midfielder would be good before the transfer window shuts.

We have two excellent left backs. We need another right back to cover Bruno - Rosenior can, but we can't rely on him to cover both full back positions. So, Rosenior and Bong at LB, Bruno and A.N.Other for RB please.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
We have two excellent left backs. We need another right back to cover Bruno - Rosenior can, but we can't rely on him to cover both full back positions. So, Rosenior and Bong at LB, Bruno and A.N.Other for RB please.
Rosenior was brought in as a right back - in his last interview he stated that he hadn't even played there yet for us. We are lucky he is also a very good left back.

Adekugbe is clearly the 3rd choice left back as we wouldn't be bringing a loan in just for the U23s.

Forbes is 3rd choice right back, I'm not convinced we'll be getting in another full back at all.

1 central defender, keep dunk, 1 striker ( 2 if elvis goes ? ) and at least 1 central midfielder ( 2 if stephens goes ).

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London

That's my logic for left back. As Blue Valkyrie says, Rosenior has played most of his career at right back so I'd rather he concentrate on that and we bring in another back up for Bong.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Central midfield isn't too much of a concern for me, after all, Crofts apart, who didn't feature too much anyway, we haven't lost anybody, (yet), and with the arrival of Sidwell on a permanent deal, somne would say that we have gained a player.

Most definately need an experienced centre back though, and of course that all too elusive goal scoring striker.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
That's my logic for left back. As Blue Valkyrie says, Rosenior has played most of his career at right back so I'd rather he concentrate on that and we bring in another back up for Bong.

The thing is we wont be able to bring in a better right or left back than Rosenior.....because they wont want to sit in the bench

Im happy with what we have in full back areas, the u21s now will just have to step up if required.

Russell Martin really would be ideal to add extra in this area and and to solve our centre half problems.

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Rosenior was brought in as a right back - Adekugbe is clearly the 3rd choice left back as we wouldn't be bringing a loan in just for the U23s./QUOTE]
If Rosenior is considered to be oe of our right backs, then surely that makes Adekube the 2nd. choice LB.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath

Isnt that what Sam Adekugbe was brought in on a season loan for as cover left back? I think that we will bring in another CB who can play across the back four, sinmilar to LR and a 4th Striker and that will be it, one on loan and one permanent.

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
Dunk will stay, Ben Hall will be fourth choice.

A striker is more pressing imo - but I can imagine this would be a very late signing as nobody likes to let strikers go until the last minute

5ways

Sep 18, 2012
Out of interest how far 'behind' would you say we are compared to other teams? How many quality signings have been made in the Champ so far?

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Out of interest how far 'behind' would you say we are compared to other teams? How many quality signings have been made in the Champ so far?

This is a good, probably the right, question. My answer is that only Newcastle have been busier of those most likely to be up there. Our other challengers have either done similar (Sheff Wed, Villa) or been less active (Derby, Norwich).
Put that way, why so much doom and gloom on here?

Oh. It's NSC.

Bra

Feb 21, 2009
patcham
Dunk will stay, Ben Hall will be fourth choice.

A striker is more pressing imo - but I can imagine this would be a very late signing as nobody likes to let strikers go until the last minute

Agreed that a striker is important and like you suspect it will be nearer the end of the window, but feel a CB is much more pressing given our current situation in that area. Goldson and the German injured and no definitive news on when they will be fit and the prospect of Bruno or Hall at CB come the start of the season. That gives me great concern.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
The thing is we wont be able to bring in a better right or left back than Rosenior.....because they wont want to sit in the bench

Im happy with what we have in full back areas, the u21s now will just have to step up if required.

Russell Martin really would be ideal to add extra in this area and and to solve our centre half problems.

Agree, if you could cover both with one player, then that would be an option if we have faith in the younger players. A centre back is the only signing we need urgently before Derby in my view.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
Isnt that what Sam Adekugbe was brought in on a season loan for as cover left back? I think that we will bring in another CB who can play across the back four, sinmilar to LR and a 4th Striker and that will be it, one on loan and one permanent.

It may be, in which case it is not necessary. I assumed he was for Development Squad and only on loan so they could see if it would work out for a year and then buy if he looks like he would be good enough.

There will almost certainly be some DS players in the squad for Derby at the moment. As Hughton talks about playing centre back, they'll have all the fit first team defenders starting and then need to find DS cover for the bench.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
This is a good, probably the right, question. My answer is that only Newcastle have been busier of those most likely to be up there. Our other challengers have either done similar (Sheff Wed, Villa) or been less active (Derby, Norwich).
Put that way, why so much doom and gloom on here?

Oh. It's NSC.

The fact that we may lose two of our best players, which would leave us very light in midfield and worryingly light at CB may have something to do with it?

Are any of the team's you mention in the same boat? I know Derby have a player being targeted but I haven't heard that Weds or Nowich are possibly going to lose two of their best players.

It could be that we don't lose anyone but that would be a surprise, well it would be to me :smile:

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
OOOOOOOOOH there's a

_78517631_470344375.jpg

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here